News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Premier League team by team assessment. (summer so far)

Started by Zu-Meister, July 22, 2013, 05:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

tad bored so here we go:

Arsenal: Said to have huge funds, but not been able to sign anyone so far. tend to do late business anyway, hoping for bargains. Top 4-5 finish no problem.

Villa: Kept Benteke. Pretty much their most important asset. without them i would have tipped them for relegation battle, but i think they will be mid table.

Cardiff: the strongest team to come up, had a couple of decent acquisitions. still, one of the favorites for relegation.

Chelsea:with mourinho back, one of the favourites for the title.

Palace: nearly dead cert for relegation, paid 7ish million for gayle, whom we were in for as well.

Everton: new manager, need to keep fellaini and baines. mid table.

Hull: relegation likely. a few decent buys, but probably not strong enough. at the mo.

Liverpool: how i wish they get relegated, not gonna happen though. the lack of champ league has put off players from joining them, but still theys making interesting signings. and things were getting better for rodgers. top 7.

Man City: very good signings, very good manager, title contender.

Man U: new manager, not all fans behind him, will be tricky. bored of the rooney saga, and they seem to struggle to get the big name players in. top 4 no problem though.

Newcastle: bit of a mess up there in france. kinnear and all that, cisse, etc. theyr going for strikers, eg bent, our target.

Norwich: very good summer in terms of signings. were just gonna have to wait and see how well houghton manages them.

southampton: decent manager, and a couple of good signings. they'll be pushing for top half of table. they seem to be intent on signing big players still

stoke: want them out of the league for more than 1 reason. hope hughes mucks it all up. signed pieters who we wanted apparently. otherwise, nothing overly impressive. theyll be bottom half. just hope mr ambition does his magic like at qpr again.

sunderland: unrecognisable team of players. just need to see if they gel, hope they dont, at least not for their first game.

swansea: loadsa spanish signings. decent players as well, they do have however the europa league to contend with, so just gonna have to see if they can cope on all fronts.

spurs: paulinho is a great signing. they need a striker and keep bale, then top 4 is definitly within reach for them.

west brom: no lukaku, bottom half of table.

west ham: signed carroll, but they had him last year, i dont really expect much change from them.

and finally the mighty whites, Fulham: need a bloody centre mid!!!

jarv

Decent assessment.
West Brom, relegation battle.
Sunderland, could all go pear shaped. Depends if Fletcher gets back scoring and he doesn't fall out with dicanio,
Newcastle, I hope we get Bent just so Newcastle don't. What a mess up there.

Ruiz11

Well said, but jarv I'm not sure West Brom will struggle: they have managed to keep hold of their three most important players, Morrison, Yacob and Mulumbu. Long and Anelka will do fine up front.

Southampton and West Ham could be the surprises of the season, pushing for Europa League or at least top 10.

Zu-Meister

the amount of times lukaku saved west brom in matches is quite crucial to the position they finished in. anelka is good, but hes not at his best any more.

southampton can be a surprise i agree. not sure about west ham.