https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All excited about the royal baby?

Started by epsomraver, July 22, 2013, 07:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffalo76

Buffalo76

sussexwhite

ooooooooh, can't wait to welcome Dodi.....(wonder what the odds on that actually are)

Putney

Quote from: Rupert on July 22, 2013, 08:39:05 PM

Little things like tradition, history, the fact that a lot of us would prefer Queen Elizabeth, or King George after HRH shuffles off this mortal coil, to President Blair or Cameron, the tourism they bring in, there are all sorts of reasons if you apply your mind to it. While Bush and Blair made sure their nearest and dearest did not fight in their wars, the Queen saw a grandson go in harm's way, just as one of her sons did during the Falklands, just as both she and her future husband did in the Second World War. Seriously, who would you prefer as head of state?

Love the "damn leeches" comment too, suggest that poster looks into the civil list and the funds generated by the royal estates, then asks himself are we better off paying the civil list, and getting the Royals to open garden fetes and the like as part of the bargain, or should we give the Windsors all their land back and not pay them a penny.

Legoland brings in more pounds than Buckingham Palace. All hail our new monarch

Rhys Lightning 63

As of 4:25 this afternoon, Kate Middleton OFFICIALLY became a MILF
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Zu-Meister

/photo/1

F(f)CUK

Best quote so far was from Sophie Raworth saying 'we all know where the baby has come from' - genius

Supermitch

So which former Fulham player will the little Prince be named after?

Favourites must be: George Cohen, Andrew Cole, Phil(ip) Stant.  Less likely: Louis Saha, Arthur Stevens, Charles (Charlie) Hartfield.

Plenty of rank outsiders but surely consideration must be given to Elvis Hammond, Kagisho Dikgacoi, and Mahamadou Diarra.

I'm sure though they'll do the honourable thing and name him after our most recent owner  049:gif

KingstonWhite

Buffalo76

The King

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 22, 2013, 08:11:29 PM
I'm excited that Pippa's derierre will have another opportunity to steal the show.

It's not that special, to be honest. I mean, dafuq? Here in Finland Pippa's ass was all the press had to say about the wedding. Just go outside and have a look, better ones out there.

mungos beans

Listen rupert   I couldn't give a fig how much  money they  bring to this country . They are an out dated establishment  I mean any man that calls another human bieng sir or maam  should seriously get a life and bowing and ladies that curtsey to them are you out of your mind man .

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Northern Cottager on July 22, 2013, 07:44:30 PM
Really don't follow why we still have a royal family

They're a tourist attraction.

Bassey the warrior

I really couldn't care less. I feel no connection to them, they are a relic of our colonial and feudal past.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Supermitch on July 22, 2013, 09:29:28 PM
So which former Fulham player will the little Prince be named after?

Favourites must be: George Cohen, Andrew Cole, Phil(ip) Stant.  Less likely: Louis Saha, Arthur Stevens, Charles (Charlie) Hartfield.

Plenty of rank outsiders but surely consideration must be given to Elvis Hammond, Kagisho Dikgacoi, and Mahamadou Diarra.

I'm sure though they'll do the honourable thing and name him after our most recent owner  049:gif

Just for giggles I wouldn't mind seeing King Brian (McBride) on the throne
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

jarv

The royals are a tourist attraction? I didn't see them the last time I was at London zoo. (or the tower, or big ben or anywhere else)

Parasites on the taxpayer. Could any of them actually do a job? One wonders, doesn't one.

Rupert, I fully understand the theory you put forward. My mum does too, but she is 91 :005:
You mention history. Well, the royals own poo loads of land which their ancestors did not actually pay for. They didn't pop into the local estate agent and say "I want to buy acres and acres from those peasants, can you sort me out" NO. They drove the peasants off their land and basically stole it. Then decided to tax those that stayed to work the land.

It is time to give it back to the state. After all, we are all in this mess together are we not?

Finally, dear old charlie, I read a while ago he has a "manservant" to help him get ready in the morning. Still not old enough to dress himself? oh dear oh dear.

Sorry. I just do not get it. The flag waving and cheering. Jeeeez, they can't even play football so what are they cheering about.

Grumpy Old Fart

Another mouth for the state  to feed ......

F(f)CUK

Jarv - the royals and the extended family have an enviable history of working - there was Pippa and her book about how to be the ultimate hostess, there was Sophie and her publicity company, there was Fergie and Budgie the helicopter, then there was It's a Royal Knockout, Edward the Royal Tea Boy for his drama company... The success goes on and on.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: jarv on July 22, 2013, 10:29:23 PM
The royals are a tourist attraction? I didn't see them the last time I was at London zoo. (or the tower, or big ben or anywhere else)

Parasites on the taxpayer. Could any of them actually do a job? One wonders, doesn't one.

Rupert, I fully understand the theory you put forward. My mum does too, but she is 91 :005:
You mention history. Well, the royals own sh1t loads of land which their ancestors did not actually pay for. They didn't pop into the local estate agent and say "I want to buy acres and acres from those peasants, can you sort me out" NO. They drove the peasants off their land and basically stole it. Then decided to tax those that stayed to work the land.

It is time to give it back to the state. After all, we are all in this mess together are we not?

Finally, dear old charlie, I read a while ago he has a "manservant" to help him get ready in the morning. Still not old enough to dress himself? oh dear oh dear.

Sorry. I just do not get it. The flag waving and cheering. Jeeeez, they can't even play football so what are they cheering about.

Well Prince William is in the search and rescue force and Prince Harry has served two terms in Afghanistan. Pretty serious jobs.

I think this country is better off with the royal family than without.

Chrisg3

its disgusting all this time and money being wasted on 1 kid, my friend had 5 not one of them got a mention, it wont want for anything
I am 65, have 2 kids, both not working, but what do they do cut my benefits, bet this kid will never go hungry, I get so little cant even afford to come to Fulham now, been watching since 1961, now just reading about the team I love, I have only ever ben to 1 cup final, this kid when old enough will get to see what he wants, ITS WRONG