News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you think we might sell any of the current squad ?

Started by Riverside, July 25, 2013, 12:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

Most of the silly season transfer speculation is currently about buying players .
We have had a some rumours ( squashed or fizzled out ) about interest in others buying Reither , Kaca , Berba , Frei and Stockdale.
Some speculation about sending players out on loan . Etheridge , Briggs , Trotta and again Frei .
Do you think we would sell any of the current squad ?   
Could make room for upgrades or youngsters.
If so who ?

MJG

What does it say about the squad when only Frei of all our players are linked with anyone really?

JackyFulham90

Loans for Trotta & Briggs hopefully we keep Frei but I wouldn't be surprised if he was the player leaving

Lighthouse

Our squad is pretty thin on the ground as it is. Unless a player wants to go or Jol is happy to open up another hole in the squad then I would hope the players we have would be staying. I would imagine we can now afford to replace before we sell. At least I would hope so.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

jmh

I could see Stockdale getting sold to a club where he'll play regularly, or at least loaned out.  Seemed like Jol was happy with Etheridge as backup last year when Schwarzer was healthy.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: MJG on July 25, 2013, 12:31:43 PM
What does it say about the squad when only Frei of all our players are linked with anyone really?

It says, apart from Berbatov and Stekelenburg, we have players who are not being chased by any of the top 6 or 7 and players who are content at Fulham and are not interested in moving to another PL club.

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 25, 2013, 02:36:03 PM
Our squad is pretty thin on the ground as it is. Unless a player wants to go or Jol is happy to open up another hole in the squad then I would hope the players we have would be staying. I would imagine we can now afford to replace before we sell. At least I would hope so.

We have two decent players for every position except RB although we all seem to agree that we would benefit from another CM and another forward.

I wouldn't call that thin although if anyone left we would need a replacement. Our position in terms of depth is healthier than it has ever been I would suggest, certainly healthier than Roy Hodgson had for the Europa season. That's been one sign of our progress.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MJG on July 25, 2013, 12:31:43 PM

Gives us an opportunity to build though. None of Roy's players were ever linked to anyone except Hangeland or Schwarzer. He built a good team but with undesirable players. The positive of having a poor season is that we're unlikely to lose any of our squad unless we release players. If Dejagah continues where he left off last season, I can see a there being a lot of interest in him.

jarv

January. Depends on who is not working out, or how much is being offered.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 25, 2013, 03:15:24 PM

We have two decent players for every position except RB although we all seem to agree that we would benefit from another CM and another forward.

I wouldn't call that thin although if anyone left we would need a replacement. Our position in terms of depth is healthier than it has ever been I would suggest, certainly healthier than Roy Hodgson had for the Europa season. That's been one sign of our progress.

I am also concerned about left back as well. Yes we have numbers but I am not sure any of them are going to be good enough in the Prem. Riise, Richardson, Briggs  all  concern  me. So thin on the ground with quality.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 25, 2013, 04:48:49 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 25, 2013, 03:15:24 PM

I am also concerned about left back as well. Yes we have numbers but I am not sure any of them are going to be good enough in the Prem. Riise, Richardson, Briggs  all  concern  me. So thin on the ground with quality.

Yes, I agree, ideally we'd like a Reither for the left.