watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Crabtree?

Started by SheffieldWhite, January 29, 2010, 01:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SheffieldWhite

As a birthday treat I am being taken to the Villa game by my two sons. Not been to a home game for some time so wonder what The Crabtree is like for prematch beer, food and banter? Any other recommendations? Thank you.

The Equalizer

An overpriced wine bar that's been largely vacated by FoF members.

There's a load of us Foffers meeting up in The Jolly Gardeners in Putney at 12ish, so feel free to come along and say hello. I might even wear my lucky, albeit hooky, Friends of Fulham T-Shirt.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Vinnieffc

I quite like the place but get there early to get a seat. gets mobbed with home and away fans but no trouble..

mrska

I'll be in The Jolly Gardeners from about 12...  no doubt lurking near The Equalizer.  I shall be wearing an old black Stone Island Cardigan and i will endeavor to dig out my FOF t -shirt.  If you come in feel free to stroll up and say hello!..

If you want my mobile for directions..PM me

Happy Birthday  BTW!

FC Silver Fox

ok, I'll dig out my FoF Tshirt too. I'll be the only one there wearing a French beret with a Fulham badge on the front.
P.S. If the person you speak to has a lousy French accent, it will mean I've lent my beret to Eq.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

The Equalizer

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on January 29, 2010, 01:39:28 PM
ok, I'll dig out my FoF Tshirt too. I'll be the only one there wearing a French beret with a Fulham badge on the front.
P.S. If the person you speak to has a lousy French accent, it will mean I've lent my beret to Eq.

Charming, as ever. You old fox you!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

mrska

FC..  my girlfriends brother is coming with me tomorrow..  he lives and works in France  so i'll introduce you...

LBNo11

...Sheffield White, The Crabtree has had a major face-lift but as Eq says it has become a wine bar. The last two seasons they ramped up their prices for matchdays and so you get fewer Fulham and more away fans who will look at their wallets in shock the next day!

As has been said on here, there will be a lot of FOFfers at the Jolly Gardeners http://www.thejollygardenerssw15.co.uk/

Come and say hello, I'm the skinny, short, hairy one.. :o
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

mrska

LOL LB....  great description..  next you'll be saying you're as quiet as a mouse in the Hammersmith End!!!

SheffieldWhite

Thanks lads for such a prompt and encouraging response. The JG it is then and a chance to meet some of the luminaries of the various Fulham boards. My first home game was a 6.0 thrashing of Grimsby in 1958 and I am just as excited about tomorrow! We are on the 7.30 am out of Sheffield in the morning.

Jimpav

Might be a bit late but Sheffield White but for next time...

It's what could be described as a "gastropub", really good menu in the week but this is replaced on match days with burgers, jacket potato's chilli etc.

They have a good range of beers and lagers on tap. I don't find the prices that steep but I am not a big drinker so 30p extra on a pint doesn't make a huge difference over 2 or 3 drinks.

There is a big garden which is great when it is sunny because although it is always rammed you can normally find a table outside.

It's mostly Fulham fans on match days but as the other guys have mentioned away fans are welcome and normally there in munbers.

Lastly it's a lovely stroll along the river to the ground.

LBNo11

...skasie, I will be quiet in the Hammersmith End Saturday as I'm a guest in the Johnny Haynes stand, White JC and TAFKAFC and I will clap politely and eat prawn sandwiches.

See you in the JG then Sheffield White...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC