Previous topic - Next topic

steed999

-------------------Stekelenberg----------------

Reither-------Hangeland---Amorebieta-----Riise

-------------  Boateng------Sidwell-------------

Dejagah---------------Taarabt--------------Mesca

----------------Berbatov------------------------

hesedmedia

I'd give this a try, were I FM-ing this scenario. Reither as a WB to overlap Ruiz down the right.

We really need a LB, in my opinion.

CincyFulham1

You can't split up Reither and Dejagah, work to well together

steed999

taarabt had one of the highest crossing success rates last season so i think to get the best of him we may sometimes have to let him drift to the by-line with the ball and put in a killer ball

IranianCottager

---------------------Stekelenburg---------------------
-Riether------Hangeland---Amorebieta--------Riise-
-----------------Boateng----Karagounis--------------
---Dejagah--------------Ruiz----------------Mesca---
------------------------Berbatov-----------------------

Bench (if I had to chose 7):
Stockdale, Senderos, Sidwell, Duff, Frei, Kasami, Rodallega

I don't think Kaca will be ready as Jol said he still has about a week left. It would be a bit premature to force him to play, even if he only gets 15 minutes, as all it takes it one tweak to his hamstring and we will be talking at least a month before he is back. This is the last thing we need right now.

Also, this is assuming Taarabt and Bent haven't joined. If they have, put Taarabt in place of Mesca and see how he does on the left.

If I see Dejagah on the left and/or Ruiz on the right, I'm going to lose it, lol.

I gave Karagounis the nod ahead of Sidwell because although he isn't a 90 minute player, he can at least help us in the solid 60-70 minutes he does play. At least he is a decent passer of the ball, while Boateng can do more of the dirty work beside him.

Humbled

Got to stop making room for Ruiz. Play with the line up that will allow for the best shape and best flowing football. Ruiz infront of our best player last season is a NO-NO

Humbled

(i hope) We will sign a striker before Saturday.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Taarabt is not fit it would be daft to play him, straight away.  If  he is  on for the last 20 mins,  of the Arsenal game, I would be happy. 

Classic94

Stekelenburg

Riether-----Hangeland-----Amorebieta-----Richardson

Boateng----Sidwell

Dejagah-----Ruiz-----Taarabt/Mesca

Berbatov

Humbled

I would like to get Bent, so if we do and no one else......

Stek
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
             Boateng Sidwell
Dejagah         Berbatov        Taarabet
                       Bent

Stek
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
               Boateng Taarabt
Dejagah           Berbatov              Kaca
                        Bent

Stek
Riether Hangeland Amorebita Richardson
              Boateng Sidwell
          Taarabt  Berbatov  Ruiz
                       Bent

My regular subs would be Karagounis and Mesca....

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Stekelenburg
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Riise
Dejagah  Boateng Sidwell  Mesca (Kaca if he is fit)
Ruiz
Berbatov

Taarabt is not a midfielder, he's a trequartista exactly like Ruiz, so it's either Ruiz or Taarabt. What's depressing about this silly season is that Jol is not buying the right players. We don't need Taarabt nor Bent. So I wouldn't start neither of them. I could make a case for Rodders to start instead of Ruiz and add some pace up front, but I think he blew his chance against Betis. So, yes we are stuck again with the Ruiz-Berba partnership.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Humbled

if Rodders blew his chance based on last night then Parma should be -

Stek
Riether  Hangeland Amorebieta  Richardson
               Boateng Sidwell
Dejagah    Taarabt/Kasami       Kaca/Mesca
                     Berbatov

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 06, 2013, 06:35:05 PM
Stekelenburg
Dejagah  Boateng Sidwell  Mesca (Kaca if he is fit)
Ruiz
Berbatov

Taarabt is not a midfielder, he's a trequartista exactly like Ruiz, so it's either Ruiz or Taarabt. What's depressing about this silly season is that Jol is not buying the right players. We don't need Taarabt nor Bent. So I wouldn't start neither of them. I could make a case for Rodders to start instead of Ruiz and add some pace up front, but I think he blew his chance against Betis. So, yes we are stuck again with the Ruiz-Berba partnership.

My theory is that Jol sees him in a Dembele role: a midfielder who will break forward from deep creating space for others. He isn't like for like the same as Ruiz because he does like to make runs from deep and he likes to dribble a lot. He's sort of a Ruiz-Dembele hybrid.
He does have the same problem both had though that he often holds onto the ball too long, and he has the same problem Dempsey has that he often shoots from poor positions and subsequently wastes chances. Needs to learn when to pass the ball. But he's very creative and dangerous.
He also needs to work harder.

Humbled

if Ruiz, Berba and Taarabt all play it will be interesting to see how well they interact.
Berba and Ruiz like to casually drop into the hole Taarabt likes to burst into, we could have a few near misses!!

Stefano Okaka Chuka

Quote from: The Moose on August 06, 2013, 07:12:11 PM
Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on August 06, 2013, 06:35:05 PM
Stekelenburg
Dejagah  Boateng Sidwell  Mesca (Kaca if he is fit)
Ruiz
Berbatov

My theory is that Jol sees him in a Dembele role: a midfielder who will break forward from deep creating space for others. He isn't like for like the same as Ruiz because he does like to make runs from deep and he likes to dribble a lot. He's sort of a Ruiz-Dembele hybrid.
He does have the same problem both had though that he often holds onto the ball too long, and he has the same problem Dempsey has that he often shoots from poor positions and subsequently wastes chances. Needs to learn when to pass the ball. But he's very creative and dangerous.
He also needs to work harder.

Fair points, but I can't see Jol succeeding in making Taarabt our new creative midfielder to be honest. I'll be obviously quite happy to say I was wrong at the end of the season.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on August 06, 2013, 04:23:26 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 06, 2013, 12:30:34 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 06, 2013, 10:14:39 AM
Quote from: jelmo on August 06, 2013, 10:09:49 AM
I dont think the performance could be described as shambolic.

You could clearly see where the moves were breaking down though. Eg Whenever the ball fell to Rodellega & whenever Sidpoor tried to pass it forward.

If we sort out those 2 positions then we will see a huge improvement. Its annoying that we are so close to having a good team but not quite there yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks these 2 positions will be filled with quality.

Blame Sidwell? you are joking, Ruiz with " dave were the   worst two playerson the pitch, Oh Sidwell, you mean the bloke who scored a good header? the only goal we got, the same bloke who split their defence several times with good passes and covered back well, That Sidwell?

I'm glad the Sidwell band wagon wheels have fallen off, theres still one who clings on though!

Perhaps a glance through this post will show I am not alone, w2hy do Fulham fans get a down on a player and what ever they do they cannot do anything right?

Credit where it's due, he wasnt terrible but I'd still say he was average, even with a goal. His lack of technical ability constantly reminds me of why we lose patience in the middle of the park and why Ruiz and Berba drop do deep to try and get it.

I've been patient but consistent in my critical analysis which spanned farther back than his red card fiasco but its in my opinion that Sidwell's inabilities are cause for concern. Enoh came in last year and showed what passing 10 yards to a white shirt can do fur the team. Boatang is doing the same. Sidwell is getting left behind because top be a top 10 team you need more than just hard graft.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 07, 2013, 08:11:45 AM

You could clearly see where the moves were breaking down though. Eg Whenever the ball fell to Rodellega & whenever Sidpoor tried to pass it forward.

If we sort out those 2 positions then we will see a huge improvement. Its annoying that we are so close to having a good team but not quite there yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks these 2 positions will be filled with quality.

Blame Sidwell? you are joking, Ruiz with " dave were the   worst two playerson the pitch, Oh Sidwell, you mean the bloke who scored a good header? the only goal we got, the same bloke who split their defence several times with good passes and covered back well, That Sidwell?

I'm glad the Sidwell band wagon wheels have fallen off, theres still one who clings on though!

Perhaps a glance through this post will show I am not alone, w2hy do Fulham fans get a down on a player and what ever they do they cannot do anything right?

Credit where it's due, he wasnt terrible but I'd still say he was average, even with a goal. His lack of technical ability constantly reminds me of why we lose patience in the middle of the park and why Ruiz and Berba drop do deep to try and get it.

I've been patient but consistent in my critical analysis which spanned farther back than his red card fiasco but its in my opinion that Sidwell's inabilities are cause for concern. Enoh came in last year and showed what passing 10 yards to a white shirt can do fur the team. Boatang is doing the same. Sidwell is getting left behind because top be a top 10 team you need more than just hard graft.
I like Sidwell and thought we missed him last season when he was not playing. One of the few midfielders who knows where the goal is, gets into the box on the end of things and yes he works hard.

On Monday in the first half and especially the first 20 minutes where he seemed to hardly touch the ball. DB was winning the tackles and running the ball. Sidwell looked a little lost, something I have not really seen before from him. Also some of his passing was way off, over hit yards in front of players.

We need an upgrade from him, decent player to have in the 18 match day squad or as first replacement for the defensive midfielder but a starter with DB would not work long term.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: MJG on August 07, 2013, 08:26:46 AM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 07, 2013, 08:11:45 AM

I like Sidwell and thought we missed him last season when he was not playing. One of the few midfielders who knows where the goal is, gets into the box on the end of things and yes he works hard.

On Monday in the first half and especially the first 20 minutes where he seemed to hardly touch the ball. DB was winning the tackles and running the ball. Sidwell looked a little lost, something I have not really seen before from him. Also some of his passing was way off, over hit yards in front of players.

We need an upgrade from him, decent player to have in the 18 match day squad or as first replacement for the defensive midfielder but a starter with DB would not work long term.

DB looked very similar to Diarra I thought, not as good at passing but comfortable receiving the ball and moving it on in the middle of park using his body and strength to shield the ball in tackles. I'd love to see a Diarra Boateng partnership but Diarra's injury trouble will probably mean this won't happen.

Ordar

Boateng has really impressed me. He seems to have a bit of everything. Reads the game extremely well which allows him to nip the ball away from players rather than diving in, rarely gives the ball away, and is confident to take the ball and go past players. Off the field he seems like a great character to have in the dressing room. As I said in a previous thread, due to our long chase to get him, he probably feels a strong commitment to the team for having so much confidence in him

He'll comfortably anchor the team next season and I foresee him being a very important player for us.

RaySmith

Boateng will help reinforce our midfield, alongside Sidwell, and adds creativity - I'm sure he could score a few too.

We also need to score more - and the pace and skill of Taraabt, and Bent if we get him, will hopefully enable this.