watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Parma

Started by Ordar, August 06, 2013, 09:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

After another shambolic performance last night, what team do you want to see start against Parma. (You can assume that we sign Taarabt and Bent before the weekend). I'd like Jol to start:

-------------------Stekelenberg----------------

Reither-------Hangeland---Amorebieta-----Kavanagh

-------------  Boateng------Taarabt-------------

Dejagah------------------------------------Mesca
----------------Berbatov------------------------
-------------------------Bent-------------------

Reasoning behind this is despite us having Riise, Richardson and Briggs, none of them seem to be the left back we need on that side. Granted Kavanagh wont get much protection from Mesca, but would be good to see how he plays with the rest of the first team.

Taarabt seems the logical Dembele replacement, and playing next to the extremely solid, and talented Boateng will allow him to pick the ball up and run with it. A trait very few of our team actually does. It is utterly rediculous to suggest he cannot play in that position.

We need width down the left, so with Kaca injured Mesca is the logical replacement. I could have stuck Frei in there to see if he could finally make a play for a first team birth but I think its unlikely we'll see him play for us again. Kasami would be also an interesting pick to play out that side, in a Dempsey-esque free role, but I think thats unlikely.

If Bent doesnt sign then Rodellega should start up top instead. We need the threat in behind this season, and the Berbatov-Ruiz partnership should be put to bed. Jol seems to now realise that we need someone playing ahead of Berbatov, unfortunately he's now trying his best to squeeze Ruiz in anyway he can. Swapping Dejagah to the left and playing the god awful inverted wingers is NOT the answer

Humbled

I agree, I want an end to Berbatov and Ruiz being our top 2...
The problem for most including Jol is accepting with Berba on the pitch with a striker there is no place for Ruiz...
I have no problem with this at all as I feel it will be better for the teams shape.
I can see why people like him, he has a great attitude and has plenty of potential but he doesn't show it anywhere near enough.
I feel sorry for him as he would prob be the main man by now had Berba not signed but he did and he is better than Ruiz.

ScalleysDad

Scalley in centre mid yelling at the lazy passing, lack of energy and woeful marking, my Nan and her mate from bingo up front and just about anybody else in the dug out. This morning I am knackered and very, very, very unimpressed.

Zu-Meister

i think jol should try ruiz on the left.
reasoning:
1) never ever again split up the riether-dejagah partnership on the right.
2) ruiz- berbatov up top doesnt work.
3) we've not tried him there before.
4) quite often his best play has come from him drifting to the left.

Northern Cottager

Wasn't able to tune in for a stream last night? Was we that poor against Betis?!

Not sounding so good so far, season approaching and we should be looking sharp! Nervous now.

jelmo

I dont think the performance could be described as shambolic.

You could clearly see where the moves were breaking down though. Eg Whenever the ball fell to Rodellega & whenever Sidpoor tried to pass it forward.

If we sort out those 2 positions then we will see a huge improvement. Its annoying that we are so close to having a good team but not quite there yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks these 2 positions will be filled with quality.

epsomraver

Quote from: jelmo on August 06, 2013, 10:09:49 AM

You could clearly see where the moves were breaking down though. Eg Whenever the ball fell to Rodellega & whenever Sidpoor tried to pass it forward.

If we sort out those 2 positions then we will see a huge improvement. Its annoying that we are so close to having a good team but not quite there yet. Maybe in the next couple of weeks these 2 positions will be filled with quality.

Blame Sidwell? you are joking, Ruiz with " dave were the   worst two playerson the pitch, Oh Sidwell, you mean the bloke who scored a good header? the only goal we got, the same bloke who split their defence several times with good passes and covered back well, That Sidwell?

supersimmo123

Bent will not be here before the weekend I doubt, even if he does I cant see Jol starting with either Taarabt or Bent, both (if they are here) will come on from the bench.

Lighthouse

Well keeper and back four are solid. There is a question over the left back position but I would go for Riise.

I would play two defensive midfielders infront of them. I would have Sidwell and Boateng.

Which leaves our problem area. If we play with Rodders up front. There is no good complaining as he is the only forward we have and scored yesterday except Berbatov was offside again.

This leaves three places for our advanced midfield. Berbatov to play behind the striker. Now we need a wide player and Dejagah is still the best we have. So that leaves one place for the magic of Ruiz or whoever comes in.

Can Ruiz and Berbatov happily do the job behind a striker? Leaving Ruiz wide is clearly not working so he and Berbatov interchanging behind the striker.

But the bottom line is we need the basics of passing and control to be a better side. Have formations but if you can't control the ball or make a simple pass we are in trouble. Last night it seemed that the service was poor again. Yes Rodders made mistakes but the service was poor. Berbatov is slow and is offside too often. This has to be sorted.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Brown@FFC

Jesus Christ, it wasn't a bad performance. Betis are a good team, coming 7th in La Liga.

Boateng was our best player, the back 5 were very solid.

Richardson had a good game.

Sidwell put a good shift in, running constantly the whole game.

Dejagah was in the wrong position for the first half, and in the second half, his partnership with Riether was very good.

Rodallega is not good enough. He is very motivated, but technically, not the best. We need a striker badly, someone for when Berbatov leaves, will be a main striker.

Ruiz was all over the pitch, and it's is hard to put on a good performance when that happens. He is not a winger, he is a number 10.

Assuming Taarabt signs, this should be the starting XI:

grandad

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 06, 2013, 11:49:51 AM
Jesus Christ, it wasn't a bad performance. Betis are a good team, coming 7th in La Liga.

Boateng was our best player, the back 5 were very solid.

Richardson had a good game.

Sidwell put a good shift in, running constantly the whole game.

Dejagah was in the wrong position for the first half, and in the second half, his partnership with Riether was very good.

Rodallega is not good enough. He is very motivated, but technically, not the best. We need a striker badly, someone for when Berbatov leaves, will be a main striker.

Ruiz was all over the pitch, and it's is hard to put on a good performance when that happens. He is not a winger, he is a number 10.

Assuming Taarabt signs, this should be the starting XI:

I quite like the look of your starting line up. However I thought Richardson was very poor as was Dave. Ash has to play on the right. If Jol does play Kaca as well he should not play too wide as Berba can´t be a lone striker. What the set up would be if Bent or another striker were signed, heaven only knows. What is certain is that neither Berba or Ruiz would be on the bench to begin with.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Wimbledon_White

Kavanagh?
What are you smoking?

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on August 06, 2013, 10:14:39 AM

Blame Sidwell? you are joking, Ruiz with " dave were the   worst two playerson the pitch, Oh Sidwell, you mean the bloke who scored a good header? the only goal we got, the same bloke who split their defence several times with good passes and covered back well, That Sidwell?

I'm glad the Sidwell band wagon wheels have fallen off, theres still one who clings on though!

filham

Taarbet and Bent are really needed, without them our attack is the same as last season and when you remember that late spell of six games with only an own goal on our scoresheet changes are essential.

With only one more friendly before the season starts it seems reasonable to expect signings this week but don't hold your breath.

Ruiz remains a problem, we have tried him in the wide positions before and it doesn't work. His only workable position is as a number 10 behind Berbatov. It will be hard for Jol to leave his £11m signing on the bench.

MJG

Quote from: filham on August 06, 2013, 01:17:19 PMIt will be hard for Jol to leave his £11m signing on the bench.

Jol will leave or get sacked before you see that happen.
How anyone can continue to stick up for Ruiz playing a wide role is beyond me.

When you look back on last season what were the 3 main positives to come from it?
Well one of them has to be the partnership of Dejagah & Riether down the right. Why tinker with that?

Because he wants...no needs to fit Ruiz in the team and by making the team weaker in one position, he actually makes the team weak in 2 positions.
Picking the 'best' players does not always make the best 'team'

Humbled

Quote from: MJG on August 06, 2013, 01:30:36 PM
Quote from: filham on August 06, 2013, 01:17:19 PMIt will be hard for Jol to leave his £11m signing on the bench.

Jol will leave or get sacked before you see that happen.
How anyone can continue to stick up for Ruiz playing a wide role is beyond me.

When you look back on last season what were the 3 main positives to come from it?
Well one of them has to be the partnership of Dejagah & Riether down the right. Why tinker with that?

Because he wants...no needs to fit Ruiz in the team and by making the team weaker in one position, he actually makes the team weak in 2 positions.
Picking the 'best' players does not always make the best 'team'

:plus one: :plus one: :plus one:

Bassey the warrior

If Taarabt is here:
Stek
Riether Brede Amore Kieran
Boateng Taarabt
Dejaga Ruiz Kaca
Berba

Now a couple of tactical tweaks to the formation have been made. For much of last season we played 4-4-1-1, and this was good to defend, but it also meant we broke slower as the wingers were further back. In this case they are playing further forward, this will allow us to attack better but possibly, and this is the risk, at a cost of making us less solid at the back.

But Ruiz and Berba both have the ability to create and they are wasted by being so isolated. Taarabt making runs forward will help a lot too. Boateng will have to be very solid and with good positional sense though, because he will often be left alone with 5 offensive players getting forward and this leaves us vulnerable to the counter attack.

JackyFulham90

I doubt Bent will be signed for Saturday but hopefully he is but without him & Taarabt as they haven't signed yet I would say

Stekelenburg

Riether
Amorebieta
Hangeland
Riise

Boateng
Karagounis

Dejagah
Ruiz
Mesca

Berbatov

If Taarabt signs then him in for Mesca

epsomraver

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 06, 2013, 12:30:34 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 06, 2013, 10:14:39 AM

Blame Sidwell? you are joking, Ruiz with " dave were the   worst two playerson the pitch, Oh Sidwell, you mean the bloke who scored a good header? the only goal we got, the same bloke who split their defence several times with good passes and covered back well, That Sidwell?

I'm glad the Sidwell band wagon wheels have fallen off, theres still one who clings on though!

Perhaps a glance through this post will show I am not alone, w2hy do Fulham fans get a down on a player and what ever they do they cannot do anything right?

Big Martin Jol

Judging by Jol's comments last week Kacaniklic SHOULD be fit in time for Parma. I don't think he'll start but I would like to see him come on at some point because given half a chance he will be a huge asset to us this season.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.