watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yossi Benayoun remains a free agent

Started by MasterHaynes, August 07, 2013, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Surely with our lack of creativity he must be worth a punt?

PaulJ123

Craven Mad

Quote from: PaulJ123 on August 07, 2013, 02:29:28 PM
would much rather Kasami played

:plus one:

Not a terrible idea. But I'd rather Karagounis be our only elderly playmaker, save other bench space for Kasami, David or Minkwitz

Bassey the warrior

Nor needed. He's a number 10 type or inverted winger. We're well covered.

MasterHaynes

I thought we could play him in a deeper role in the middle to perform the role Murphy did in his last two seasons with us. I wouldn't expect him to play 90 minutes, like you I would like to see Minkwitz and Kasami given opportunities this year, switching with Benayunn with 30 to go and starting the odd game would set them up well for next season.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He'd just be taking another spot.

If we're going to have Berbatov behind a striker, and that striker gets injured, we can put in Bryan.

If both the striker and Bryan are injured we can put in Taarabt.

If Berbatov, Bryan and Taarabt are injured, then Kasami comes in.

jelmo

Too old. Need a younger pacier player. Not another Dad's Army type.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 07, 2013, 02:39:39 PM
I thought we could play him in a deeper role in the middle to perform the role Murphy did in his last two seasons with us. I wouldn't expect him to play 90 minutes, like you I would like to see Minkwitz and Kasami given opportunities this year, switching with Benayunn with 30 to go and starting the odd game would set them up well for next season.

We have Taarabt who has played there before and Kasami who I'm told has as well though he doesn't look like a central midfielder. Karagounis is somewhat creative.

Markffc123

is this minkwitz any good? i mean a few seasons ago he was hottly tipped to be a star but of late i have not heard much of him!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Markffc123 on August 07, 2013, 03:04:49 PM
is this minkwitz any good? i mean a few seasons ago he was hottly tipped to be a star but of late i have not heard much of him!

He was superb for our u18s but seemingly struggled to adapt in his first full season with the u21s. This next season is key for him, though we have better u21 central midfielders in Lasse Vigen Christensen and Chris David.

Vinnieffc

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on August 07, 2013, 03:43:41 PM
Quote from: Markffc123 on August 07, 2013, 03:04:49 PM

He was superb for our u18s but seemingly struggled to adapt in his first full season with the u21s. This next season is key for him, though we have better u21 central midfielders in Lasse Vigen Christensen and Chris David.

I agree from what I saw of the u18s. He had a mature head on young shoulders and was running the show like a Murphy. Hope he bounces back to form this year.