Main Menu

Your player...

Started by valdeingruo, August 09, 2013, 11:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2013, 08:21:22 AM
Quote from: beijing ben on August 10, 2013, 08:06:26 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2013, 07:51:29 AM
If we are talking Fulham players then the one who I felt should have gone on to be a superstar was Steed Malbranque.

On a lesser note and looking back to the 80's then Justin 'potential Skinner possible...or was that just in his own head?

Or maybe Duncan Jupp..
Did think about him as well, but went for Justin because at least Jupp did make the move to a higher division.

I always like to think it was the money we got from Jupp that allowed Mickey Adams to get the journeymen together and get us on the upward mobile in 96/97.  No evidence to back it up just a fairy tale in my own head.  Disappointed that he did not make it at the higher level.  Ended up at Southend I believe

My personal choice would be Kenny Achampong.  Briefly, in February 1985, I thought we had found a potential superstar

David Allen Crankshaw

SaltfordWhite

FTID

MikeCdawg

Ronaldo (not Cristiano), Michael Owen, Louis Saha, Abou Diaby if we're talking about any players.....can also see this happening to Jack Wilshere which would be a shame as I think he's a top player

Ruiz11

Robinho, possibly even Rooney? Hasn't really kicked on since he burst onto the scene at Euro 2004 and has never played well at World Cup.

HatterDon

Quote from: Ruiz11 on August 10, 2013, 01:04:35 PM
Robinho, possibly even Rooney? Hasn't really kicked on since he burst onto the scene at Euro 2004 and has never played well at World Cup.

I'm amazed at the negative view of Rooney. He's a brilliant player who has had a remarkable career. The reason he's never done well in the World Cup is that he plays for England.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

leonffc

Quote from: HatterDon on August 10, 2013, 02:51:56 PM
Quote from: Ruiz11 on August 10, 2013, 01:04:35 PM

I'm amazed at the negative view of Rooney. He's a brilliant player who has had a remarkable career. The reason he's never done well in the World Cup is that he plays for England.

Leave it out Don. Have you watched the last 3 tournaments? S. Africa was an embarrassment. He couldn't trap a sack of cement and was a disgrace to the profession. And all he could do when criticised by fans that had spent thousands getting there was to slag their loyalty off. He is unprofessional in his private life which has held his career back.
Our media build him up to be world class in the same league as Messi. It's honestly laughable.

Junichi

Quote from: HatterDon on August 10, 2013, 04:52:33 AM
Quote from: Junichi on August 10, 2013, 12:56:22 AM
As a young boy in Sweden, David Elm discovered that he had an immense talent for football. His mother, Nightmåreön Elm-Street, signed him and his brother, Erasure, up for the local youth team Ikea Wanderers, where he played mostly as a central defender. He scored a staggering 146 goals in 2 appearences for the club.

Word began to spread of his awe-inspiring ability, and he began to recieve praise from overseas, including by arguably the two best managers in English football, Egil Olsen and Peter Reid. Elm however signed a lucrative 20-year contract with an undisclosed Swedish team, although this was cancelled shortly after, when he decided he wanted to take a sabbatical from the competitive game. For the next 3 years, David could be seen as a street performer in Plaça Catalunya square in Barcelona. It was here where he smashed the world keepy-uppy record, with an astounding 381,426 in a row.

He once again got the itch for competitive football, and London's Fulham FC came to scratch it. "It's the perfect club, at the perfect time for me" Elm was quoted as saying. He scored an unbelievable 43 goals in his debut, an FA cup encounter with Gillingham, which ended up 44-0 to Fulham. From there he set the world alight, guiding Fulham to 7 consectutive Champions League titles, and 25 domestic trophies. He left Fulham after 15 glorious seasons, to fight in World War 3, for which he recieved the Medal Of Honour for doing so.

David Elm is currently the king of Sweden, where he lives with his wife Ulrika Jonsson-Elm, and his 31 children.

So to answer your question, I'd say Zesh Rehman.

Nobel Prize for Literature, if ya ask me

That's what I was aiming for, Don.

MOR :

Eddie Lewis - "The American David Beckham" & for the oldies John Finch Fulham Centre Half...

cmg

Vinnieffc

Quote from: Junichi on August 10, 2013, 12:56:22 AM
As a young boy in Sweden, David Elm discovered that he had an immense talent for football. His mother, Nightmåreön Elm-Street, signed him and his brother, Erasure, up for the local youth team Ikea Wanderers, where he played mostly as a central defender. He scored a staggering 146 goals in 2 appearences for the club.

Word began to spread of his awe-inspiring ability, and he began to recieve praise from overseas, including by arguably the two best managers in English football, Egil Olsen and Peter Reid. Elm however signed a lucrative 20-year contract with an undisclosed Swedish team, although this was cancelled shortly after, when he decided he wanted to take a sabbatical from the competitive game. For the next 3 years, David could be seen as a street performer in Plaça Catalunya square in Barcelona. It was here where he smashed the world keepy-uppy record, with an astounding 381,426 in a row.

He once again got the itch for competitive football, and London's Fulham FC came to scratch it. "It's the perfect club, at the perfect time for me" Elm was quoted as saying. He scored an unbelievable 43 goals in his debut, an FA cup encounter with Gillingham, which ended up 44-0 to Fulham. From there he set the world alight, guiding Fulham to 7 consectutive Champions League titles, and 25 domestic trophies. He left Fulham after 15 glorious seasons, to fight in World War 3, for which he recieved the Medal Of Honour for doing so.

David Elm is currently the king of Sweden, where he lives with his wife Ulrika Jonsson-Elm, and his 31 children.

So to answer your question, I'd say Zesh Rehman.

One of the funniest posts I've seen on here for ages.  064.gif

Humbled

probably a friend of mine, Leon knight

beijing ben

Quote from: Humbled on August 11, 2013, 04:29:13 PM

Good call. How do you know him?

Humbled

Quote from: beijing ben on August 11, 2013, 06:14:34 PM

Good call. How do you know him?

know a few lads that play or used to play mate....

Johnh

got to be Fabrice Fernandes, magical but for such a short time

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: cmg on August 11, 2013, 04:19:36 PM

Sidd Finch

LOL! Only NY Met fans will get that one!  082.gif

EJL

I'm pretty sure Josh McEachran will be up there in four or five years' time.

Rhys Lightning 63

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the king of The Lower Leagues in 2001-2004... LEE TRUNDLE

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

hongkongfulham

I remember watching him in hong kong for our "soccer 7's" tournament at the club I played at. He was head an shoulders above everyone.