watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your player...

Started by valdeingruo, August 09, 2013, 11:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valdeingruo

That failed to live up to potential. IE too many breaks, had a bag load of potential or just wasted it.

For me it has to be Freddy Adu or David Bently.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

CorkedHat

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Aaron

ron

Surely Collins John in the modern era.

twang

Quote from: ron on August 09, 2013, 11:48:58 PM
Surely Collins John in the modern era.

Definitely Collins, what a talent he was. I thought he was going to make it to the very top.

Travers Barney

Peter K...wern't too special in our colours.

coyw
We are the whites

Junichi

As a young boy in Sweden, David Elm discovered that he had an immense talent for football. His mother, Nightmåreön Elm-Street, signed him and his brother, Erasure, up for the local youth team Ikea Wanderers, where he played mostly as a central defender. He scored a staggering 146 goals in 2 appearences for the club.

Word began to spread of his awe-inspiring ability, and he began to recieve praise from overseas, including by arguably the two best managers in English football, Egil Olsen and Peter Reid. Elm however signed a lucrative 20-year contract with an undisclosed Swedish team, although this was cancelled shortly after, when he decided he wanted to take a sabbatical from the competitive game. For the next 3 years, David could be seen as a street performer in Plaça Catalunya square in Barcelona. It was here where he smashed the world keepy-uppy record, with an astounding 381,426 in a row.

He once again got the itch for competitive football, and London's Fulham FC came to scratch it. "It's the perfect club, at the perfect time for me" Elm was quoted as saying. He scored an unbelievable 43 goals in his debut, an FA cup encounter with Gillingham, which ended up 44-0 to Fulham. From there he set the world alight, guiding Fulham to 7 consectutive Champions League titles, and 25 domestic trophies. He left Fulham after 15 glorious seasons, to fight in World War 3, for which he recieved the Medal Of Honour for doing so.

David Elm is currently the king of Sweden, where he lives with his wife Ulrika Jonsson-Elm, and his 31 children.

So to answer your question, I'd say Zesh Rehman.

Junichi

Actually, I might have dreamt that.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Junichi on August 10, 2013, 12:57:17 AM
Actually, I might have dreamt that.
Have you just got in from the pub as well???
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

twang

Quote from: Junichi on August 10, 2013, 12:56:22 AM
As a young boy in Sweden, David Elm discovered that he had an immense talent for football. His mother, Nightmåreön Elm-Street, signed him and his brother, Erasure, up for the local youth team Ikea Wanderers, where he played mostly as a central defender. He scored a staggering 146 goals in 2 appearences for the club.

Word began to spread of his awe-inspiring ability, and he began to recieve praise from overseas, including by arguably the two best managers in English football, Egil Olsen and Peter Reid. Elm however signed a lucrative 20-year contract with an undisclosed Swedish team, although this was cancelled shortly after, when he decided he wanted to take a sabbatical from the competitive game. For the next 3 years, David could be seen as a street performer in Plaça Catalunya square in Barcelona. It was here where he smashed the world keepy-uppy record, with an astounding 381,426 in a row.

He once again got the itch for competitive football, and London's Fulham FC came to scratch it. "It's the perfect club, at the perfect time for me" Elm was quoted as saying. He scored an unbelievable 43 goals in his debut, an FA cup encounter with Gillingham, which ended up 44-0 to Fulham. From there he set the world alight, guiding Fulham to 7 consectutive Champions League titles, and 25 domestic trophies. He left Fulham after 15 glorious seasons, to fight in World War 3, for which he recieved the Medal Of Honour for doing so.

David Elm is currently the king of Sweden, where he lives with his wife Ulrika Jonsson-Elm, and his 31 children.

Best thing I've read for a long time!

EJL

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Eddie Johnson. Had high, high hopes for him when he came over, but he never found his way in the European game. (I'm still not convinced Jozy Altidore can make it, even with his good results at AZ. Besides, his gaffer is a psycho who'll be gone by January.)

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

HatterDon

Nobel Prize for Literature, if ya ask me
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WhiteJC

I thought I'd wandered onto Wikipedia

leonffc

1) Liam Rosenior. I really thought we had a special player there. Incidently, isn't he at Hull 'Tigers' now?

2) Wayne Rooney. They all told me England had a future world beater coming through. Turns out he cant even control a ball at tournaments

Incidently, and slightly off topic, I was listening to an interview with Ray Parlour and in answer to the question "who was the best trainer you've ever played with?" he trotted out some name to laughter from his interviewer.
I forget the name but had heard it as he made a couple of appearances for Arsenal but never made the cut.
Parlour said this lad was honestly the best player in the world at training, he could do anything but when thrown in to the  arena the pressure and the crowd turned him to mush and he couldn't replicate his talent on the big stage. Its a shame but it just goes to show that talent alone wont get you there. Psycology and a big pair of balls help (as well as attitude obviously).

JudgeBread

MJG

If we are talking Fulham players then the one who I felt should have gone on to be a superstar was Steed Malbranque.

On a lesser note and looking back to the 80's then Justin 'potential Skinner possible...or was that just in his own head?

beijing ben

Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2013, 07:51:29 AM
If we are talking Fulham players then the one who I felt should have gone on to be a superstar was Steed Malbranque.

On a lesser note and looking back to the 80's then Justin 'potential Skinner possible...or was that just in his own head?

Or maybe Duncan Jupp..

MJG

Quote from: beijing ben on August 10, 2013, 08:06:26 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 10, 2013, 07:51:29 AM

Or maybe Duncan Jupp..
Did think about him as well, but went for Justin because at least Jupp did make the move to a higher division.