more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So...how do we feel?

Started by Northern Cottager, August 10, 2013, 07:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

Optimistic, pessimistic?

I looked at today's starting 11 and saw a few players that less than excited me and the team looked like a slow one that may struggle.

I'd like to see Hughes, Senderos and Riise gone with more cover for Sidwell and a big player in a creative role.

So, personally I see us not having as good a season as maybe we could do with just one or two more pieces. Pre season looked good until we layer decent competition.

Frustrating wondering how good we could be with a few more pieces to our puzzle.

zander

I'm pessimistic about the first month of the season. Even if some players come in I can't see them settling in quickly enough for the opening fixtures.

As you say we're a few signings away from being a solid mid table team so hopefully there is a bit more urgency in the last few weeks of the window. As much as we want good quality players I'm also worrying a lot about our depth. Given how lacklustre we are now what will happen with some injuries or suspensions!

Northern Cottager

Our team oozes age and lacks a spark. Big kick off in one week, we need to act quickly, but like you said getting them to gel s a worry.

Lighthouse

Not sure I need to keep on repeating myself but we are awful in the last third in the area. Our build up can look very good until you realise we have nobody on the end on any quick break. Our passing is poor and we look an average side with flair looking for a finish.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

good question ....... Been feeling apprehensive regarding this season for a few weeks.

Derby totalled 11 points in 2008 .... We can beat that, can't we ????

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 10, 2013, 09:17:42 PM
good question ....... Been feeling apprehensive regarding this season for a few weeks.

Derby totalled 11 points in 2008 .... We can beat that, can't we ????

Hmmm... Lets hope we make the right signings in the right area. At least jol has come out and said we need goals...

fulhamben

Fearfull. This squad isn't good enough to finish out of the bottom 5. Think Cardiff have just spent 11.2 mil on a midfielder too medel from Sevilla. We are sitting on our hands whilst those around spend the money
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFCSteve

Worried!

Would feel alot better if Bent(Or any out & out striker with pace) had signed. Along with a pacey play making midfielder.

I fear we don't have alot more to offer than last season yet!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

JackyFulham90

Gargano & Bent added to our current squad we will be top 10

Brown@FFC

We need Bent, badly. Berbatov has always played off a striker, so he can play his role of wherever he wants. Bent and Berba I could see having a good partnership. A CM is also badly needed, a lack of spark in midfield made the game so dull today. Gargano is not the player we need, someone like Chantome or Granero is more suited. We need these two players by the Sunderland game, busy week ahead.

sussexwhite

Do people not think the management are aware of the squads current weaknesses (and strengths), the club has always done business under the radar, (look at Berbs) let us all keep calm and see the signings come through..........

Big Martin Jol

I'm feeling good. The team we have now is considerably better than that we limped through most of last season with - and with one or two additions, we'll be top ten material.

The results aren't there yet but a couple of dodgy friendlies does not maketh a season. It's obvious that we're yet to get the team to gel as a unit but once we're up and running we'll be just fine.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Berserker

I'm just hoping this season will be better than last, bit worried it won't be though
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

St Eve

We need 3 players in the next week. A striker, a left back and a CM.

Northern Cottager

We lack depth in quality and the team does nothing to excite me, I worry our time is up for getting the right players in to make an instant difference. We have opening games that we could win. Sunderland are average with huge changes, arsenal have nothing new and Newcastle are a circus right now.

If we get a few, not just one in, then ill feel better.... I think.

EJL

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 10, 2013, 10:00:59 PM
Doubt that very much.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: sussexwhite on August 10, 2013, 10:20:40 PM
Do people not think the management are aware of the squads current weaknesses (and strengths), the club has always done business under the radar, (look at Berbs) let us all keep calm and see the signings come through..........

Jol has made the right noises for knowing the weaknesses. There's a difference between something happening though. Fingers crossed and I hope you're right!

Northern Cottager

Quote from: EJL on August 11, 2013, 01:46:52 AM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 10, 2013, 10:00:59 PM
Doubt that very much.

I do think with a could of top signing we could be ok. But signings that haven't played much do worry me for the initial period.

rusty shackleford

I feel like its going to be a very difficult season

zschwartz

As-is, a repeat of ~12th is my expectation.

In retrospect last year+ amounted to a season of "responsible" spending while attempting to stave off relegation in order to make the club more appealing to potential buyers.

There have been some big/inevitable factors that have nothing to do with football influencing the way the club was run. Fiscal responsibility competing in a league of billionaire lunatics who are happy to eat losses is borderline suicidal.

in any case i didn't expect much from the riether, dejagah and pogrebnyak additions and those all worked out very well. I guess we're cutting our losses GW1-3 in an attempt to lower fees. the club's been pushing its luck for awhile and doing alright.

neither panicked, nor excited.