News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NBC Sports Network is running a show which is essentially "the Prem for Dummies"

Started by RidgeRider, August 11, 2013, 04:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

on right now to help fans pick a premier league club....... fp.gif

Guess which team they reviewed first? Nope, not Fulham.

Rebecca Lowe is the host.

MasterHaynes

Let us know what they say about us, hopefully they won't do the BBC trick and show us last!

RidgeRider

So far

United
Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Stoke City - about 10 secs
Aston Villa - noted American owner, about 40 secs
Everton -
West Brom - they are crapping on about West Brom...jesus!
Liverpool
West Ham - bubbles and jelly dills??? thats about it :)
Southampton - team song and back to back promotions, the titanic as well set sail from there...
Newcastle - iconic kits, the toon army, not much else
Sunderland - stripes and their crazy coach, $4000 suits, more about the coach, Jozy Altidore
Norwich City - did a back story, loud kits and Delia Smith, team climbing up, family club, good food
Hull City - short overview, Steve Bruce and broken nose,
Crystal Palace - long tear jerker magazine story with Palace fans and their promotion last season, this one is as long as United's or Chelsea's, focusing on Ian Hollaway
Fulham - Craven Cottage, and the River, told a story about balls from row boats being brought back to the pitch? Khan, MJ statue has to stay, that it's....about as much as most, not as much as some
Swansea City - very short
Cardiff - very short

Vinnieffc

RidgeRider

Holders

Maybe they're just starting the education process at  lowest common denominator. After all, Delia Smith had a TV series with one programme dedicated to how to boil an egg.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RidgeRider

Quote from: Holders on August 11, 2013, 04:24:04 PM
Maybe they're just starting the education process at  lowest common denominator. After all, Delia Smith had a TV series with one programme dedicated to how to boil an egg.

they are but they are skimming for sure....its not for total idiots but designed to help pick a club. They had some blonde host over here who said, without reservation, was a United fan because they win, and then began to crap on about how she was a front runner and only supports winners. That is what children do.....wonder what that will do to her credibility on her show.

fulhamben

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 11, 2013, 04:29:48 PM
Maybe they're just starting the education process at  lowest common denominator. After all, Delia Smith had a TV series with one programme dedicated to how to boil an egg.

they are but they are skimming for sure....its not for total idiots but designed to help pick a club. They had some blonde host over here who said, without reservation, was a United fan because they win, and then began to crap on about how she was a front runner and only supports winners. That is what children do.....wonder what that will do to her credibility on her show.
is she hot?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MasterHaynes

looks like we are going to be last, what is it with these TV companies??

RidgeRider

Quote from: fulhamben on August 11, 2013, 04:32:43 PM
Maybe they're just starting the education process at  lowest common denominator. After all, Delia Smith had a TV series with one programme dedicated to how to boil an egg.

is she hot?

Some might think so, not my type. Sort of looks like Cameron Diaz with more curves.

She just changed her mind and now says Liverpool. Stay tuned....I'm guessing this was planned....she may change again.

Holders

Nothing new there then, mate. That's the normal criterion by which kids here choose their teams and it must be even more the case where there really isn't any local team. People need to have an "excuse" to pick a less-fashionable team like Fulham, e.g an American connection - Dempsey/Khan etc - or just sheer taste or discerning good judgement!

RidgeRider

Vinnieffc

When I was a kid I used to follow the NFL and supported Pittsburgh Steelers, because they used to win. As I got older I went for the NY Jets (because I'm Irish and they play in green). Three years ago I switched alliegence to the Philidelphia Eagles as a good mate - now a naturalised Yank - lives and I went to his wedding there. So now I'm guessing it may now be the Jaguars. God how fickle am I ? Thank God Fulham are a constant in my life  :yay:

RidgeRider

had a couple of English blokes, in blazers, with badges on them talking about how important it is that once you pick your team, you can never change it...I buy that.

More education......

So far well done but it is definitely for the A.D.D. crowd ;)

Rupert

Maybe they are building up to us, leave us till last and say something like, "But seriously folks, there is only one team to support, welcome to Craven Cottage, home of Ful Ham FC, twinned with the Jacksonville Jaguars," or something like that. They do tend to promounce the "Ham", don't they?
049:gif
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

CincyFulham1

Just a note  for the anyone in the states, they will be showing it again at 1600 EST on NBC, not NBC sports. 

RidgeRider

RidgeRider

its over. sort of lame but they did a decent job. Spent way too much time on the big 4, but isn't that the case everywhere?

Holders

Yes, nothing new there. If there's any link to it that we can view, I'd be interested.

Just out of curiosity - how does TV work there with the different time zones? I presume you have local TV stations but the national networks, how do they cope? Say you've got a series that goes out at 8pm - do some people have to see it in the morning or do they show it each 8pm, like rolling repeats throughout the day? Sorry to sound so ignorant, just curious how it works!

E.I.Adio

They may have to have a later broadcasting time if she starts talking about West Ham and their Jelly Dills though :005: