Main Menu

Morten Gamst Pedersen Anyone?

Started by White Noise, January 29, 2010, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Big Sam holds Pedersen hopeBlackburn boss hoping to keep Norwegian

Last updated: 28th January 2010    

Pedersen: Uncertain future

Sam Allaryce has expressed his confidence in tying Morten Gamst Pedersen down to a new deal at Blackburn.

The Norwegian midfielder is out of contract at the end of the season and is now free to enter talks with other clubs.

He admitted earlier this week that he would be tempted to join Fenerbahce after being linked with a move to the Turkish outfit, although he would not rule out staying at Ewood Park.

Allardyce is not aware of any interest from overseas and hopes Pedersen will commit his future to Rovers.

Asked whether he was confident of holding onto Pedersen, the manager replied: "Yeah, I think so.

"We all know he is out of contract this year, so we will have to see what we can do about that.

"There's no reason for us to do anything with him at this stage, not unless somebody suddenly pops up from abroad to give him a pre-contract.

"If that was the case then we would have heard about that, so we'll obviously try and continue to talk to him regarding a new contract."

System change
Pedersen struggled to produce his best form earlier in the season but has excelled in a more central position and scored a wonderful goal in Wednesday's 2-1 victory over Wigan.

Allardyce believes he has benefited from the system change after spending most of his career on the wing.

"He is getting more of the ball, becoming more active," he said.

"He doesn't have to be quite as quick in that position as he does out wide, so doing that has brought the best out of him.

"It's been a major bonus for us and him. It's allowed him to get more involved in the game, to express himself more and he has found more space there.

finnster01

I really like that lad. Left footer. Lethal set piece taker too. He scored directly from a corner a few years back as well
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FC Silver Fox

Easy-peasy, Mr Finnster. Rodney Marsh used to do that every time he stepped on the pitch from the cottage corner. Bent the ball into the net at the Putney End... and it wasn't with one of those mamsy-pansy beach balls they use nowadays, great puddin' of a thing, it were!

This said, I'd take Gamst Pedersen in a heartbeat.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

PokerMatt

Hate the guy playing for Blackburn, but then again they're a very dislikable bunch! His talents are wasted under Big Sam, and I think a move to a footballing side like us would resurrect his career and we could see the Pedersen of old, rather than just the one having to get his head on long balls like the rest of his current team.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

clintclintdeuce

The Dude abides.

McBridefan1

I've been touting that boy for a while, I've always thought he would be a great fit @ fulham

WhiteJC

I would imagine that he'd fit in really well with Roy and our other Vikings

blingo

bazzamcb

are you guys sure we need him though? in the long term?

RidgeRider

Love this guy, have been asking for him for some time. He would be a good fit for us. PLEASE get him!

The Swan

;)
Now is the time to snap him up. What a goal he scored against Wigan on Wednesday
The Swan

SuffolkWhite

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

clintclintdeuce

I actually got to see him play live when I was in for the Blackburn game last year, and I thought he was by far the best player in their side. Adding his quality to the side would be awesome, but I am not sure after thinking about it if we have room for him, and if hed come as a part time player after playing full time for Blackburn over the years. Surely he wouldnt replace Dempsey or Duff.
The Dude abides.

Boggers

I admire Pedersen's ability and there is no doubt he would add quality to our team, but surely the priority must be new full backs, a creative midfielder and a new striker? We have an abudance of talent out wide especially with Simon Davies returning to full fitness.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

LRCN

If we can get him on a free at the end of his contract how could we say no?!

Boggers

Very good point Lork - didn't read that, too many beers!

If he's free then sign the lad up!
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

The Rock

Decent, fits our scandinavian look, but couldn't make it into any of the starting 11 above us in the table I don't think, so I am "take it or leave it".

JBH

Worth a Punt but would prefer a couple of full backs at the moment.

HatterDon

nah, won't happen. We signed somebody with a useful left foot in the summer. We'll have to wait 'til January 2012 to sign another useful left-footed attacker.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel