News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where is this news on the “imminent” signing then?

Started by Alfayedslovechild, August 14, 2013, 03:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfayedslovechild

Is this another "fluff" by the club, just like last week with Martin Jol on Darren Bent, who doesn't like to  067.gif speculate  067.gif

If this statement is also true, I'm just going to give up and throw myself down the nearest flight of stairs:

"On 5 Live last night Khan said that he would not be getting involved in footballing decisions.
He said his expertise was in sponsorship and pushing the club forward in that direction. He said that Martin Jol and Alexander Mckintosh were the footballing experts and he doesn't know enough in that direction to be deemed an expert. He did however say that they are top men in their field and he had every faith in them"  1500.gif

This is all becoming slightly depressing  090.gif

Fulham76

Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on August 14, 2013, 03:41:36 PM
Is this another "fluff" by the club, just like last week with Martin Jol on Darren Bent, who doesn't like to  067.gif speculate  067.gif

If this statement is also true, I'm just going to give up and throw myself down the nearest flight of stairs:

"On 5 Live last night Khan said that he would not be getting involved in footballing decisions.
He said his expertise was in sponsorship and pushing the club forward in that direction. He said that Martin Jol and Alexander Mckintosh were the footballing experts and he doesn't know enough in that direction to be deemed an expert. He did however say that they are top men in their field and he had every faith in them"  1500.gif

This is all becoming slightly depressing  090.gif

Don't panic, it's immanent

rusty shackleford

brightster

049:gif Well it is not going to be Tom Huddleston as he has just signed for Hull!

The Bronsons

"Imminent" doesn't mean "happening in a few seconds/minutes/hours", it just means "likely to happen at any time" or "coming up". So stand easy, people, it could happen any time and not necessarily today or tomorrow or even next week.  

Me-ate-Live, innit??

If it's : I'm in my 33 year and my name is  Scottie 
I don't want to know ..............

I would hate to think  Mac was panicked into a deal that saw us lumbered with an over aged, over priced sicko from over There ..... Spurt 'n Spam

SaltfordWhite

Riverside

Is this another "fluff" by the club, just like last week with Martin Jol on Darren Bent, who doesn't like to  067.gif speculate  067.gif

He said his expertise was in sponsorship and pushing the club forward in that direction. He said that Martin Jol and Alexander Mckintosh were the footballing experts and he doesn't know enough in that direction to be deemed an expert. He did however say that they are top men in their field and he had every faith in them"  1500.gif

I on the other hand like Khan's quote .

1) There is no way he understands more about football than McKintosh and Jol - let them make the footballing decisions and take the footballing responsibility.
2) He does know about Sponsorship . So what League and what position will matter to him . If McKintosh and Jol cannot deliver find someone else that will .

King_Crud

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on August 14, 2013, 03:59:09 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 14, 2013, 03:48:35 PM
I knew that there'd be threads like this today

Yup.

It's getting really, really dull.

if we merged all of these threads into one there wouldn't be much of a message board at the moment

Northern Cottager

Quote from: King_Crud on August 14, 2013, 04:20:29 PM

Yup.

if we merged all of these threads into one there wouldn't be much of a message board at the moment

Course there would, theres a thread about Dog's a little further down....

Alfayedslovechild

There you go then, there's the "Immanent fluff"

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 3m
@talkSPORT LIVE

Darren Bent a "done deal" to @Official_CPFC so say a reliable source!

Obviously something I knew I'd hear today as well..

DJinNJ

What's wrong with Khan's statement? We don't need a Tony Fernandes here.

EJL

I agree with 'The Bronsons', but if it were to be announced next week then 'imminent' would be the wrong word.

Holders

Quote from: EJL on August 14, 2013, 05:54:02 PM
I agree with 'The Bronsons', but if it were to be announced next week then 'imminent' would be the wrong word.

In some contexts, "imminent" means during the next two hours.

Assuming that isn't what is intended here, it still implies "pretty soon" more than "eventually" and certainly in the next couple of days rather than next week.

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 14, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

Yup.

I could start a thread on what's your favourite fruit and veg if it would liven things up. Anyway i have a parcel to go and pick up and i think it may be from Fulham FC :-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Artful Dodger

Quote from: Berserker on August 14, 2013, 06:28:51 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 14, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

Yup.

I could start a thread on what's your favourite fruit and veg if it would liven things up. Anyway i have a parcel to go and pick up and i think it may be from Fulham FC :-)
Does the package contain John Arne Riise by any chance?? Or may be it's our imminent signing posted to the wrong address!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Baider

Me-ate-Live, innit??

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Maybe we are bringing back the Cravenettes?
Hurrah!
That's like signing half a new team, solving all our problems @ a stroke..........if you see what I mean

Nero

Joe Montana just been spotted in taxi at motspur  park. Over 30,  creative sounds like one of our signings