https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bent to Palace - DONE DEAL. - Not confirmed

Started by shnlwswlkr, August 14, 2013, 05:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Toon have agreed terms with Bent and Agent   and  are still talking to Villa 
but another club HHhhF.....ham  have muddied the waters 

It seem doubtful that Lambert would loan him (and have the problem of him in 9 months)   to Palace  while Villa have  not one but two clubs active for a deal 
....doesn't it  ??????

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 14, 2013, 10:20:15 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 14, 2013, 08:58:26 PM
Radio shows' callers are starting to lump us into bottom 3 predictions for season's end.  I hate to see fans of the game thinking of Fulham that way.  I'm glad we didn't get Bent.  We got Berbatov last season.  Maybe lightning will strike twice and we'll get two new QUALITY additions just before the start of the season.

Even lots of Fulham fans fear we'll be bottom 3 which isn't a good sign bearing in mind we know our team better than most. We were really struggling 2nd half of last season & we haven't improved while teams around us have. We all know the areas we need to improve, as does Jol & the board but no sign of new players in the areas we desperately need. Therefore, we're rightly being tipped for relegation.

We have definitely improved. Amorebieta, Stekelenburg and Boateng all upgrades on their predecessors. Taarabt has the potential to be a superb signing. But we're in dire need of more players. We are weaker up front and still lacking that playmaker in midfield.

Herbie

We all know the areas we need to improve, as does Jol & the board but no sign of new players in the areas we desperately need. Therefore, we're rightly being tipped for relegation.

To be fair, the way the last couple of seasons have gone anyone from 12th downwards was at risk of being only a couple of bad games away from the relegation dogfight. Therefore it doesn't take too much of a leap for supporters of the bigger teams to pick little old Fulham as one of the unlucky three for next season.

Fulham76

Quote from: The Moose on August 14, 2013, 10:30:53 PM
Radio shows' callers are starting to lump us into bottom 3 predictions for season's end.  I hate to see fans of the game thinking of Fulham that way.  I'm glad we didn't get Bent.  We got Berbatov last season.  Maybe lightning will strike twice and we'll get two new QUALITY additions just before the start of the season.

Even lots of Fulham fans fear we'll be bottom 3 which isn't a good sign bearing in mind we know our team better than most. We were really struggling 2nd half of last season & we haven't improved while teams around us have. We all know the areas we need to improve, as does Jol & the board but no sign of new players in the areas we desperately need. Therefore, we're rightly being tipped for relegation.

We have definitely improved. Amorebieta, Stekelenburg and Boateng all upgrades on their predecessors. Taarabt has the potential to be a superb signing. But we're in dire need of more players. We are weaker up front and still lacking that playmaker in midfield.

I don't know enough about Amorebieta but no doubt he's better than Senderos, (I'm better than Senderos!!), no idea how he pushed Hughes out of the team. He has a terrible disciplinary record though. As for Stekelenburg, is he better than Schwarzer? Certainly not an area we were desperate to strengthen & I haven't been overly impressed by Boateng, so I don't think we've improved at all.

jmh

Quote from: Herbie on August 14, 2013, 10:39:37 PM
We all know the areas we need to improve, as does Jol & the board but no sign of new players in the areas we desperately need. Therefore, we're rightly being tipped for relegation.

To be fair, the way the last couple of seasons have gone anyone from 12th downwards was at risk of being only a couple of bad games away from the relegation dogfight. Therefore it doesn't take too much of a leap for supporters of the bigger teams to pick little old Fulham as one of the unlucky three for next season.
Why should we care what supporters of the bigger teams think?

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 14, 2013, 10:39:52 PM
Quote from: The Moose on August 14, 2013, 10:30:53 PM

I don't know enough about Amorebieta but no doubt he's better than Senderos, (I'm better than Senderos!!), no idea how he pushed Hughes out of the team. He has a terrible disciplinary record though. As for Stekelenburg, is he better than Schwarzer? Certainly not an area we were desperate to strengthen & I haven't been overly impressed by Boateng, so I don't think we've improved at all.

All three players will need time to settle, none have played to their full potential yet. That's one of the problems with signing non-PL players. But I can assure you they are all upgrades.

F(f)CUK

I do hope that we don't lose to Sunderland or this messageboard will become unbearable.

Fulham76

Quote from: F(f)CUK on August 14, 2013, 10:51:27 PM
I do hope that we don't lose to Sunderland or this messageboard will become unbearable.

It's an away game. Defeat is almost guaranteed!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: EJL on August 14, 2013, 05:51:15 PM
If it hasn't been announced then its not a "DONE DEAL"...  1500.gif
Exactly

tweet from a Midland Jurno 4m ago
Brendan McLoughlin ‏@bren_mcloughlin
Hearing #cpfc working hard to sign Darren Bent before the season starts. If so, expect a loan but #avfc want fee and it to be ALL his wages

REPEAT : AVFC want fee and it to be ALL his wages

BarryP

Quote from: KCat on August 14, 2013, 10:58:18 PM
Quote from: EJL on August 14, 2013, 05:51:15 PM
If it hasn't been announced then its not a "DONE DEAL"...  1500.gif
Exactly

tweet from a Midland Jurno 4m ago
Brendan McLoughlin ‏@bren_mcloughlin
Hearing #cpfc working hard to sign Darren Bent before the season starts. If so, expect a loan but #avfc want fee and it to be ALL his wages

REPEAT : AVFC want fee and it to be ALL his wages

Good luck with that.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Jonno

No way are Palace paying those kind of wages.

Zu-Meister

AVFC Transfer Tweet ‏@AVFCTransTweet 13m
NEWS regarding Bent - DOES NOT want #cpfc move due to their stature. #ffc want but his wages need to reduce. #avfc expect deadline day move

Lighthouse

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 14, 2013, 10:52:23 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on August 14, 2013, 10:51:27 PM

It's an away game. Defeat is almost guaranteed!

Running alongside the prediction league this season will be the Fulham shots away league. 1 point if you correct and....well as they never actually shoot more than once then that's about it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chutney

Quote from: The Moose on August 14, 2013, 08:49:08 PM
Quote from: Chutney on August 14, 2013, 08:34:43 PM
This is a good thing, bent is no better than rodaellega, but with higher wages. We are better than Darren Bent.
What an embarrassing comment. Bent is a far better finisher.
okay yes a slight exaggeration but Darren Bent still isn't good enough, missing out on his signing isn't worth all the negativity it is generating. We should be aiming for players who will get us back into the top 10 where I believe we belong. Surely it is better to aim high rather than settle for players like bent just because we want to see a signing. This board is becoming unbearable negative, I hope we sign someone to change this.
C O Y W