watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loan deals.....the system to take us to next level? Merged

Started by jelmo, August 15, 2013, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelmo

So the rumour is a loan deal for Bent and a £3m deal for Parker...

Im hoping that the rumour mill has this the wrong way round. If we insist on getting scott parker then a 1 year loan deal (for a soon to be 33 year old makes way more sense than shelling out £3m wasted pounds that we will never get back.

Bent will be 30 in February. There is a lot more potential in getting some of the transfer fee back for him due to age and goals he will potentially score. Getting him on loan for a year is maddening as we will effectively give Bent a full season to do well and boost his transfer price for Villa next summer (depending on how many goals he gets) while at the same time they get him off their wage bill for a year.

If we have £3m to spend on Parker then this money can be better used elsewhere eg on a permanent Bent transfer perhaps. Or another player who is younger and has resale value. Not really sure of what this achieves long term.

fulham1611

I would hope that the club would pre-arrange a selling price for Bent, if Fulham decide to make him a permanent transfer.

If it's going to be another Taarabt like loan where it seems as though we have no permanent option, we are absolute mugs.

Markffc123

it makes no sense for bent to be a loan deal-villa want to get rid-we have supposedly had 2 bids rejected for bent so why would we go back with a loan deal?...i want us to stay clear of parker-he is not a creative player

Northern Cottager

Bored to tears of loaning players and then rebuilding every 6 months. Jol wants his own squad but never keeps the same players as we've loaned a team. Next season will be even worse with Berba probably going and the rest of the team surely retiring.

Bored, Bored, Bored of Fulham in the transfer market.

Edit: To be fair, I should probably reserve this judgement for the announcement of the Bent deal....

jelmo

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 15, 2013, 11:29:53 AM
Bored to tears of loaning players and then rebuilding every 6 months. Jol wants his own squad but never keeps the same players as we've loaned a team. Next season will be even worse with Berba probably going and the rest of the team surely retiring.

Bored, Bored, Bored of Fulham in the transfer market.

Edit: To be fair, I should probably reserve this judgement for the announcement of the Bent deal....

True... We should wait until it is announced. But wild speculation is also good!

shnlwswlkr

Lambert confirms Bent having medical at Fulham ahead of season-long loan... Pointless.
Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

Northern Cottager

Quote from: shnlwswlkr on August 15, 2013, 02:27:06 PM
Lambert confirms Bent having medical at Fulham ahead of season-long loan... Pointless.

We are such cheap *** !

rusty shackleford

Its not pointless if he scores 20 goals and helps get us into Europe

First State

It's hard to build team cohesion on the loan model. However, I'm assuming a buy out provision will be negotiated. In the event our expectations are met, a permanent deal should be reached. A glimmer of hope.  

Danitar

Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 15, 2013, 02:29:21 PM

It is pointless when he's put us in Europe and next season were hunting for another striker. He's good striker but come on Fulham lets start building for the future

Lighthouse

Proves there is no money for us. Or what money for fees we have will go on one player
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

supersimmo123

Khan obviously doesnt want to chuck in money just yet. I guess we can wait and see until next season as to what the future holds for Fulham.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Danitar on August 15, 2013, 02:34:18 PM
Quote from: rusty shackleford on August 15, 2013, 02:29:21 PM

It is pointless when he's put us in Europe and next season were hunting for another striker. He's good striker but come on Fulham lets start building for the future

At which stage better strikers will want to join us as we're in Europe!

I have to laugh re: Bent, a lot of people didnt want him, and now that he's almost here they want him for longer

Fulham1959

Surely the same loan/buy advantages/pitfalls occur to the powers that be as much as they do to us mere mortals.

In which case, I'm happy to trust that 'the management' are doing their best within whatever parameters currently prevail.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 15, 2013, 02:42:41 PM
Surely the same loan/buy advantages/pitfalls occur to the powers that be as much as they do to us mere mortals.

In which case, I'm happy to trust that 'the management' are doing their best within whatever parameters currently prevail.

Havent you heard? Theyre all total idiots! How did they ever get high paid jobs in the best league in the world while Joe Everyman clearly knows more than them.

farfouille

If a loan deal is the only way we could get players like Taarabt and Riether, so be it... 065.gif
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

Humbled

Osvaldo I would have taken on a loan with a view..
Bent I think we should sign perm.

I am happy either way though as I really like Darren Bent.

I really hope we have a fee set for Taarabt though, listening to Jol I don't think we have but I really hope there is one in place.

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Humbled on August 15, 2013, 02:48:18 PM
Osvaldo I would have taken on a loan with a view..
Bent I think we should sign perm.

I am happy either way though as I really like Darren Bent.

I really hope we have a fee set for Taarabt though, listening to Jol I don't think we have but I really hope there is one in place.

Jol is keeping schtum mostly though (like denying Bent today) There could be a claus in the Taarabt deal where, say, the option to buy is only there should QPR not get promoted. Thats the type of thing they wouldnt make public knowledge

Lighthouse

We have a new owner who has just bought the club. He may well want to hang onto the cash needed to spend big on players. So loan deals maymake some sense for deals next season. That is all I can think is the reason behind another poor season of transfer fees with tv money etc.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Markffc123

so what happens if bent has a terrific season scoring 10-15 goals and then gets picked for england and scoring in the world cup
his price tag will go up so that we cant afford him?-we should have snapped him up on a perm

but i guess u can jols/Macintosh's point-why spend big when u can get them in on a loan-like a trial and if he does well then buy him/e.g riether