News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

START OF THE 2013/14 SEASON.....Who's excited??

Started by Fulham Tup North, August 16, 2013, 09:55:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

049:gif  It's finally New Season's Eve.  The best time to be a supporter, with all that expectation and hope.
Come on Fulham, lets have a great start away at the Black Cats.
Are we all on a tide of optimism? 
Gentlemen, start your engines!!   065.gif

COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Brown@FFC

Not excited. No signings. Expect crap football to resume once more.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 16, 2013, 10:07:04 AM
Good positive vibe I'm getting there, Excellent! :)

King_Crud

still playing cricket for the next 4 weeks, football can do one

Lighthouse

Our engine is stalled and we are misfiring. Never approached a season with less enthusiam. Which means ......we will have a great season. Come on you fellows.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Parkway Drive

hahaha thread started so optimistic which I for one am! COYW!

alfie

NO signings?, including Reither we have signed 4 players plus at least 1 on loan,   whats the problem?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

LBNo11

...sorry, not me. I have never before, in close on 45 years following Fulham, been so apathetic to a new season. I ordered my season tickets late, more out of a sense of duty mixed with loyalty, rather than excitement or anticipation. I won't bore you with details as my views have been made before.

Of course I really want Fulham FC to survive another season, and begin to play entertaining football, and the players, new and old gel into a cohesive unit, but my heart isn't in it as yet.

I hope what I see on the pitch makes me hunger for more again, and if it doesn't - well there is always the new year...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

CorkCity

We are an average team in an average league with other average teams. The over hyped bollox from the media has turned me off completely.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on August 16, 2013, 10:44:16 AM

NO signings?, including Reither we have signed 4 players plus at least 1 on loan,   whats the problem?

We have replaced a keeper, Reither was here last year. We have bought two players to improve the squad/team hopefully and one on loan who isn't fit yet. So for the start of the season I for one will be thrilled if we change our away form and have at least three shots on target. In our new team tomorrow, if our new centre half is fit, we will have three new players. With maybe one on the bench.

But as yet nothing to make the fans think the team tomorrow will be any more fun to watch away than last season. That is the problem.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

premFlem

I think we'll start well like last season, but get found out and have no plan B. I hope I'm wrong of course.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Danitar

I'm looking forward to it with taarabt and bent in the team we have options now which is new for us so I'm exciting to see how this will work COYW

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Danitar on August 16, 2013, 01:05:02 PM
I'm looking forward to it with taarabt and bent in the team we have options now which is new for us so I'm exciting to see how this will work COYW
That's more like it :) 
When we were in the bottom two tiers, every season started with hope and we had signed no-one of any note.  Now we are in the big league, if we don't sign another 6 or 7 players people think we are stagnating?  Well I will keep my enthusiasm til the last.  or until the players snap me out of it!!
COYW

HatterDon

not I. Like LB, I'm sort of sliding sideways into the season. The dispiriting displays of last season have had a lasting affect on me. I don't believe that we'll ever be the solid mid-table team I have hoped for, and our laser focus on finishing 17th comes at the expense of being cup warriors. Jol has proven to be a bad man manager. His constant focus on Berbatov and [STILL???] Dempsey continues to disturb. We've added to highly talented bad actors to the squad in Taarabt and Bent, and Jol does not excel at reining in dissent and division in the clubhouse.

I'm also weary of hearing about players who WE KNOW will excel and vastly improve our team. We know this because they've never played a competitive match for us, but that they're bound to be better than [fill in the blanks].

I'm weary of the sniping on this site as well.

My hope is that the first whistle will wake up the echoes and make me a Fulham madman again. Well see Saturday.

COYW
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

PLB

I wasn't, but now it's here I can't wait. Spending "Quality time" with the wife sure does lose it's charm by mid August.

Positives, Berba & Bent should bang a few goals in, we're a CM, an LB & hopefully a healthy Diarra away from having a decent squad.

I've missed the cottage, the stroll through the park, the songs & atmosphere, the beers before, after, at half time with friends, and the sneaky shared bottle of whisky with my old man in our seats during the game. Roll on Saturday week - Poxy 1245 ko though  :046:

Fulham1959

In years past I have frequently been of a mind, "I'm not ready for football again, yet".  I mean football generally, as it's rare for me to attend a Fulham match.

But this year, for some reason, I can't wait !!  Today's official confirmation of Bent's signing has put a huge grin on my face.

:drums:

rusty shackleford

Im not overly excited just yet for our own season, although i think that we're only a player away from a good season.

But the lack of football the past 3 months means im badly looking forward to tomorrow. Even if they chose the worst possible game to kick off the season

YankeeJim

I don't understand the constant negative moaning on this site. It's a new season. We HAVE improved some spot. We will now have some sort of distribution from the back and a keeper who will come off his line when needed. Center back should be strengthened ans we have more steel in the midfield. With Bent we have added some finishing ability with pace. That alone should help take some defensive  attention away from Berba. We won't be any worse than last year and should be more consistent which will translate into 52 points. If the Moroccan comes good and we get a few matches out of Diarra we could be looking at 7th. So  063.gif to all you negative Nellies. Hope springs eternal!
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Big Martin Jol

You don't sound like much fun at all. We've done some very solid business and even with two weeks of the window to go the team we have this year is much improved on that with which we limped through much of last season. Plus none of our key players seem to be in imminent danger of being poached/throwing their toys out of the pram, which is nice.

Sunderland should be an interesting game - they look likely to debut ten new signings with next to no Premier League experience. They're also coming off the back of their first pre-season with a certifiably mad manager who's just popped up from League One.

Fulham aside, I'm just looking forward to the return of the Premier League in general. United under Moyes, Chelsea under Mourinho etc.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

mangoputney

If we bolster the midfield and right / left back in the remaining time I'll be a lot more excited come September
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation