watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matthew Briggs

Started by Ordar, August 17, 2013, 04:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Special mention to Briggs today, I thought he was outstanding up against Johnson who can be a real handful.

Captain Fulhamerica

Shaky start but he played really well after.  Maybe we don't need to buy a LB after all?

fulhampa23

Outside of getting beat by Sessengon (no idea how to spell that) early on he did well, a couple of very good tackles and clearances and did decent going forward.

Richardson's injuries are literally unbelievable, almost a joke.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

Bassey the warrior

Very very good second half. I still feel we need a new left back though, this is the first game I've seen him play where he didn't give me nightmares.
Still, it's promising for the lad.

The Rock

I have always thoughts briggsy was worthy of first team football. He's no Lbno11, but he's not bad and he played pretty well today.

NadsFromMauritius

He was outstanding today; I liked it when he attempted a shot moments after he came in (could have been a serious threat to the opposite's goalkeeper if it was not blocked). If he is given more chances to shine, I'm sure he will score some sensational goals.
"Mauritius was created first, and then heaven; and that heaven was copied after Mauritius" Mark Twain
(http://www.facebook.com/BeautyOfMauritius)

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rock on August 17, 2013, 05:13:09 PM
I have always thoughts briggsy was worthy of first team football. He's no Lbno11, but he's not bad and he played pretty well today.
agreed. and he is still young ish so should get better. if we end the window with only briggs and richardson, then i think richardson will have to get a nice comfy cushion to sit on so as not to snap a hamstring whilst sitting on the bench
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: NadsFromMauritius on August 17, 2013, 05:16:55 PM
He was outstanding today; I liked it when he attempted a shot moments after he came in (could have been a serious threat to the opposite's goalkeeper if it was not blocked). If he is given more chances to shine, I'm sure he will score some sensational goals.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's never been known for scoring sensational goals.

Ordar

Well he scored a cracker in the Europa League

Andy S

May be it will shut some people up who have been knocking him this summer. The whole team have done great to pick up three points at Sunderland. They have been signing players this summer that should have seen them improving on last years performances and would have been a game they expected to win

Count Berbatov

He did well but Richardson, who I don't usually like, started really well too and could have done even better attacking wise
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Jack Fulham

Still let quite a few crosses in from Johnson but most assured he has looked left back I've ever seen him. Maybe he's still a prospect but its probably make or break for him this season.

Barrie

Briggs did OK today, but he's not a good enough defender for this division, never will be IMHO.

Big Martin Jol

He was pretty competent. It will be interesting if Richardson is unavailable for Arsenal - do you stick with Briggs or recall Riise? I think probably the latter, but after today's team selection I'm not all that sure on anything.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

grandad

Walcott will be a handful whoever we have . We cannot give him any space to cut inside as he did for England.
Where there's a will there's a wife

NadsFromMauritius

Quote from: The Moose on August 17, 2013, 05:20:05 PM
Quote from: NadsFromMauritius on August 17, 2013, 05:16:55 PM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's never been known for scoring sensational goals.

I agree; but he does seem to have a powerful left foot. Hopefully, he will leave us astounded soon.
"Mauritius was created first, and then heaven; and that heaven was copied after Mauritius" Mark Twain
(http://www.facebook.com/BeautyOfMauritius)

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on August 17, 2013, 06:06:56 PM
He was pretty competent. It will be interesting if Richardson is unavailable for Arsenal - do you stick with Briggs or recall Riise? I think probably the latter, but after today's team selection I'm not all that sure on anything.
Stick with Briggs he is the possible future ...................... Riisa  is the past and has probably Twatted himself out of a place ...the tit !!!

filham

We talk about Briggs as a youngster but he has been on the scene for a long time now and has been given a number of opportunities, he really should take this one and demonstrate that he is worth a place.
If he underperforms in the next game then surely Jol will have to spend big on a left back as no way can we expect Richardson to say fit for a season.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on August 17, 2013, 07:08:41 PM
We talk about Briggs as a youngster but he has been on the scene for a long time now and has been given a number of opportunities, he really should take this one and demonstrate that he is worth a place.
If he underperforms in the next game then surely Jol will have to spend big on a left back as no way can we expect Richardson to say fit for a season.
i really dont believe he has had a number of oppotunities. surely that would have to be a run of at least 5 games minimum.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JackyFulham90

Briggs done well he deserves to start next week, Richardsons injuries are getting embarrassing now