watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Nicholas Anelka Retiring?

Started by horse1031, August 22, 2013, 04:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

Sounds like he walked out of West Brom after the death of someone close to him...  don't we play them next week?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400021/Nicolas-Anelka-walks-West-Brom.html

West Brom striker Nicolas Anelka has cleared out his locker and walked out of training at West Bromwich Albion as confusion surrounds his future in the game.
Anelka is believed to have lost someone close to him and has been deliberating his future in football over the past 48 hours.
The club confirmed that the striker was excused from this weekend's match against Everton on 'compassionate grounds'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2400021/Nicolas-Anelka-walks-West-Brom.html#ixzz2ciBmpeKg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

wonderfulthingFFC

jmh

cmg

We've had many weird and (not too) wonderful suggestions as to who we might sign over the past couple of months. Creditably I don't think anyone went as far as to suggest we should have persued this waste of space.

A fine player in his time, he must rank as one of the least likeable and most disruptive of top players in recent years. No doubt the citizens of Shanghai are pining for his return for another 3-goal season at about €4million a pop.

The death of a person close to you (if that's what occured) is a terrible thing. Proper people learn to deal with such things.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: cmg on August 22, 2013, 04:40:09 PM

We've had many weird and (not too) wonderful suggestions as to who we might sign over the past couple of months. Creditably I don't think anyone went as far as to suggest we should have persued this waste of space.

A fine player in his time, he must rank as one of the least likeable and most disruptive of top players in recent years. No doubt the citizens of Shanghai are pining for his return for another 3-goal season at about €4million a pop.

The death of a person close to you (if that's what occured) is a terrible thing. Proper people learn to deal with such things.

Supposedly his agent?

Sammyffc

Quote from: wonderfulthingFFC on August 22, 2013, 04:28:46 PM
Why is that NFR?

i always had the impression NFR was - Not Fulham Related ... maybe ive been wrong all these years haha

wonderfulthingFFC

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 22, 2013, 04:59:06 PM
Why is that NFR?

i always had the impression NFR was - Not Fulham Related ... maybe ive been wrong all these years haha
I see, I thought it meant non football related

Walsh

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 22, 2013, 04:59:06 PM
Why is that NFR?

I thought it was this also.

The Doctor

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 22, 2013, 04:51:31 PM
Supposedly his agent?

If so, a personal tragedy for Anelka...aren't his brothers his agents?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: The Doctor on August 22, 2013, 05:21:02 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 22, 2013, 04:51:31 PM
Supposedly his agent?

If so, a personal tragedy for Anelka...aren't his brothers his agents?

Not a clue, didn't go into much detail just said supposedly his agent. Other places have said someone close so could well be his brother. Sad news either way. Was kind of looking forward to Anelka back in the PL, see if he could still do the business or whether he may well of retired in China.

Edit: A journo from Birmingham Mail has said it isn't his brother that has died but another of his many agents called Eric.

Ruiz11

Bizarre but unsurprising considering his prior behaviour

Ruiz11

If it's due to the death of a family member, then my sincere condolences

jmh

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 22, 2013, 05:24:55 PM
Edit: A journo from Birmingham Mail has said it isn't his brother that has died but another of his many agents called Eric.
Are all your pets called "Eric"?

hongkongfulham

His brother bought my scottish team raith rovers once upon a time. Now you know.

rhyspabsolom

You stay classy, now.

Bryanthebroom

On a slightly more selfish note, this news doesn't do much for my fantasy team.

westcliff white

The death of a person close to you (if that's what occurred) is a terrible thing. Proper people learn to deal with such things.

I don't often take offence at a post on here, but the last line on this is quite terrible. My father in law lost his wife a little over a year ago, and found it impossible to as you say deal with it. So much so that in January this year my wife's father took his own life. Something that has deeply upset her and something she and her brother and sister have had to come to terms with as best they can. Anyone can find such things hard to forget and move on from.

If I am being over sensitive then I apologise but life is precious and for some a loss is truly to much.
Every day is a Fulham day

sipwell

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2013, 12:34:59 PM

The death of a person close to you (if that's what occurred) is a terrible thing. Proper people learn to deal with such things.

I don't often take offence at a post on here, but the last line on this is quite terrible. My father in law lost his wife a little over a year ago, and found it impossible to as you say deal with it. So much so that in January this year my wife's father took his own life. Something that has deeply upset her and something she and her brother and sister have had to come to terms with as best they can. Anyone can find such things hard to forget and move on from.

If I am being over sensitive then I apologise but life is precious and for some a loss is truly to much.

No, you are right on. I want individuals to be humans rather than machines. Sometimes the loss of a person leads to a totally unexpected disruption of your being. Sometimes it does not. There is not a 'set' answer to deal with it.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!