Juventus at Home
8 (32%)
City Away
16 (64%)
None of the above
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Sammyffc

I been thinking about this recently and im in two minds.

the two im thinking of are ..
- Fulhams famous comeback agaisn't juventus at the cottage

OR

- The famous comeback at Manchester City from 2-0 down to win 3-2.

I think my vote personally goes to the famous city win. i remember sitting in the stand with tears down my face at 2-0 down , then nearly passing out when kamara pelted that left foot in . was epic , absolutely epic. :012: :012: :012: :yay: :yay:

Buffalo76

Yeah i think the City game just edges it for me.

Deanothefulhamfan

Both equally epic for dfferent reasons.... City one made us stay up that season ( the fulham great escape video on youtube still makes me so happy inside even though I have seen it 100 times )

The Juventus game was possibly the greatest game EVER at the cottage, and helped propel us into a European final....

Would you take a European trophy over relegation.... We may come straight back up, but never ever have the chance of European success again..... For me I still take survival over winning a trophy.

Sammyffc

100 percent agree with you deano . i literally just watched the Great Escape video on youtube again, made me teary haha

Deanothefulhamfan

When I watch it I feel so happy, no other video has ever made me feel like that inside.....its hard to explain

Was at the Pompey game on the final day, the greatest feeling in the world when the ref blew for full time.... Never ever again though Fulham please....

Sammyffc

i didn't make it to the pompey game , i was devastated. i remember being at work going nuts when it popped up on sky sports soccer saturday haha

Sammyffc

Deanothefulhamfan

The party was insane.... We stayed in the ground for ages.... Great great day, we had to drove home afterwards.

Talking of Europe, the Fulham fans taking over Hamburg square was a moment to treasue as well... Despite the result that was still one of the greatest days of my life

Travers Barney

We are the whites

grandad

Man City away for it´s importance of preserving our status & for Paul Mersons reaction.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jimpav

Has to be City away.

We were relegated at half time. The players could have been forgiven for throwing in the towel and giving up but they didn't and fought back.

Juventus was amazing and the best match I have ever been to but had we of lost that fixture it would not have been the end of the world. We could have still looked back on the Europa campaign with pride - having beaten Basle against the odds, given Roma a run for their money and knocking out the holders.

Roy Hodgson will always be remembered for our run to the Europa final but without him we would quite possibly be down in league 2.

Stand up for Roy Hodgson - undoubtably the most best premier league manager we have had.

Travers Barney

As regards Managers Alec and Roy for me...Martin I hope will join them..be nice that.

coyw
We are the whites

God The Mechanic

Was at the City game, decided against going to Juve.  City wins for that alone, nothing beats being there when stuff like that happens.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Jimpav on August 23, 2013, 09:55:46 PM
Has to be City away.
We were relegated at half time. The players could have been forgiven for throwing in the towel and giving up but they didn't and fought back.

The hero that day was Dio Kamara

Fulham FC - The Great Escape 2007/2008

Forever Fulham

The City game was more important.  No denying that.  But the improbable finish against Juventus made me feel so proud about the club and the players.  It wasn't just that game.  It was the culmination of wins that continued with Juventus and beyond, but which seemed to come together with such an exclamation point in that one game.  We had to score so many goals against a world class team.  And little by little it happened.  And the Dempsey's Hail Mary floater.  Well...  I can only remember a few moments in the sport where time seemed to move so slowly, once that ball left his foot.  I couldn't even cheer when it went in.  I just stared in disbelief.

HatterDon

Sorry, I just can't choose. Both were mighty matches and both were under Hodgson.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

God The Mechanic

My favourite thing abut the Juve tie was how important Etuhu's god awful shot proved to be.  It was going about 700 yards wide before taking a massive deflection, yet without it there would have been practically no chance of a comeback.

RidgeRider

to me, they are very close, but Citeh away has to be slightly more...

I would say third on that list, for me anyway, was the comeback against Arsenal at the Cottage season before last

Rupert

The problem is, there are so many to choose from.

Pompey 4-4 Fulham (New Years Day mid 1980s, 4-0 down at half time)
Blackburn 1-2 Fulham (we only had ten men against "the best team in the division", copywrite G Souness)
Fulham 4-1 Juventus
Fulham 2-1 Shaktar Donensk (probably mis-spelt that)
Fulham 2-1 Hamburg
Man City 2-3 Fulham (Great Escape)
Pompey 0-1 Fulham (Great Escape)

I personally rate Juventus over all of them, but the margins are pretty thin.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Willard

For me it was the Juventus match - the atmosphere that night at The Cottage was incredible.

Seeing the name "G. Souness" above reminds me of one match that wasn't epic but was great fun: Newcastle 1 v FFC 4. 2004. The highlight for me was the singing from the away end of  "There 's only one Bobby Robson". That was one of Souness's first matches in charge having replaced Robson.