watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match Thread

Started by grandad, August 24, 2013, 12:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Sidwell and Parker have been very disappointing, Parker looks unfit. Hughes with a poor error and Riise really really should've got an assist.
I would get Bent on for Kasami who showed plenty of industry but not much quality. Later bring on Kacaniklic and possibly Ruiz.

Northern Cottager

Oh and Michael Owen. Christ almighty he is one boring man.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: hesedmedia on August 24, 2013, 01:34:18 PM
What do we think about dropping sidwell for bent, dropping Kasami into central midfield?

Today isn't the time for trying Kasami in a new position.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 24, 2013, 01:34:37 PM
Oh and Michael Owen. Christ almighty he is one boring man.

+ 1.

Fulham1959

I'll take the draw, now.

KP_FFC

we need to take sidwell off and bring boatang on, we need somebody more defensive
loving taarabt atm
bent on soon i hope

Slaphead in Qatar

Midfield is non existant. Same against sunderland last week.

Taraabt is playing well. A few loose passes but he is looking our most creative player.

Bassey the warrior

God we need a new left back, Riise is slow and always has no final ball. Good defending at times though.

Lighthouse

Must remember we are playing three out of our back five that wouldn't be there but for injury.

Said yesterday I would get the old excuses in early.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

DukeTyrion

Bit of a mixed bag for Riise for sure.

Nice goal line clearance and a couple of nice early tackles, then he plays them onside for the 1st goal by getting behind the centre backs and the free kicks have been average at best.

JIMMY D

I can't see us this year winning a game 3-0 or 4-0. We just don't have a killer instinct...

hesedmedia

Quote from: The Moose on August 24, 2013, 01:34:55 PM
Quote from: hesedmedia on August 24, 2013, 01:34:18 PM
What do we think about dropping sidwell for bent, dropping Kasami into central midfield?

Today isn't the time for trying Kasami in a new position.

One way or another, I feel like we have to get bent on, we're getting smothered in advanced midfield by sheer numbers, adel and berba haven't the room to do a lot, and even so adel looks our most dangerous attacker.

AllyWhite

Amidst of all the "same old poo" comments, I actually think that we're playing a lot better than last week. Particularly impressed with Parker and Taarabt. We're holding possession much better than last week, and actually attacking our opponents for real.

Big Martin Jol

We look decent enough going forwards, hopefully we can make the scoreline respectable if nothing else.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

hesedmedia

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 24, 2013, 01:36:45 PM
Must remember we are playing three out of our back five that wouldn't be there but for injury.

Said yesterday I would get the old excuses in early.

I'm just going to close my eyes and let those pour sweetly over me like a warm summer rain.

KP_FFC

boatang needs to come on asap
sidwell and parker are too similar and both run around alot leaving our cb's exposed

grandad

We need changes now  & not wait till 60 mins & being 4 down
Where there's a will there's a wife

King_Crud

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on August 24, 2013, 01:38:57 PM
We look decent enough going forwards, hopefully we can make the scoreline respectable if nothing else.

agreed, I'm actually feeling fairly positive despite the score

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: King_Crud on August 24, 2013, 01:42:47 PM
Quote from: Big Martin Jol on August 24, 2013, 01:38:57 PM

agreed, I'm actually feeling fairly positive despite the score

Same here, they aren't playing badly really from what I can see.

Azeedo