watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So What Was Different Today vs. Last Week

Started by LordNelson, August 24, 2013, 02:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

Overall, not much?  Nick a goal once again, a little more possession, Arsenal just more clinical than Sunderland.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Lighthouse

Fulham were looking much bettere going forward. Arsenal hit us on the break and were very clinical. Yes people are going to blame us for leaving gaps. But I prefer us when we look as if we could compete with the teams around us in the middle of the table. Have players fit and have players playing in the right place then we will see. B ut not that upset today. Enough to make me think we look a good side.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Arsenal scored when they were on top, Sunderland didn't.  Arsenal are a better team than Sunderland, so took advantage of the lapses the Sunderland couldn't.
Basically Arsenal > Sunderland.

But again, the conclusions from both performances seem to be "the same issues prevail".  Which is getting boring now.

fulhamben

well considering the only  real change was parker for boatang then it was never going to be that different. that said thought parker did well. we did create alot  more but we still need a partner for parker. boatang sidwell and the bubble are not the answer. well the bubble would be if he were younger. duff and sidwell did very little  to warrant a start in the next game. and we have to play 4 4 1 1 with bent up top. kaca left and maybe taraabt down the right where reither will be better suited to cover his awolness.  all in all some positives and we did play a lot better than last week. and sometimes the other team just play better, which is what happened today.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

atleTheodor

I think today was a harsh result.

We played well in attack, but lost the game in midfield (Sidwell) and defence (Stockdale+Riise).

Hopefulle, this will be our starting attacking four next game: Taarabt, Berbatov, Ruiz, Bent.

Parker was excellent today. Karagounis helped us (attack) the few minutes he was on. Second goal was due to poor defence from Riise, and bad goalkeeping from Stockdale.

I'm don't think we will have too much trouble staying up this year, considering we the team we have, it's just 1 or 2 more additions to the team, and we'll be all right.
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

Artful Dodger

Quote from: atleTheodor on August 24, 2013, 02:58:00 PM

We played well in attack, but lost the game in midfield (Sidwell) and defence (Stockdale+Riise).

Hopefulle, this will be our starting attacking four next game: Taarabt, Berbatov, Ruiz, Bent.

Parker was excellent today. Karagounis helped us (attack) the few minutes he was on. Second goal was due to poor defence from Riise, and bad goalkeeping from Stockdale.

I'm don't think we will have too much trouble staying up this year, considering we the team we have, it's just 1 or 2 more additions to the team, and we'll be all right.
How can you blame Stockdale for the 2nd goal?? He pulled off a great save. The problem was we had no one covering the second ball - midfield anyone - and the fella blasted it in. I thought Stockdale made a few good saves and wasnt at fault for the goals.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

fulhamben

Quote from: Artful Dodger on August 24, 2013, 03:05:55 PM

How can you blame Stockdale for the 2nd goal?? He pulled off a great save. The problem was we had no one covering the second ball - midfield anyone - and the fella blasted it in. I thought Stockdale made a few good saves and wasnt at fault for the goals.
agreed.

leonffc

Exactly. Stockdale got a good hand on that and good distance. It's down the the outfield players to adjust and the had time to do so.
On performance? Better than the Sunderland game but we still lack a cutting edge.

Ordar

I really don't rate Kaca anywhere near as highly as others on here. Thought he was extremely ineffective when he came on. Still has no final pass, or ability to cross.

Bent has to start every game, and Parker played well in CM. Sidwell is useless and Boateng should start.

Riise, Hughes and Duff are finished.

I think we need to sign a left back

fulhamben

Quote from: Ordar on August 24, 2013, 03:13:22 PM
I really don't rate Kaca anywhere near as highly as others on here. Thought he was extremely ineffective when he came on. Still has no final pass, or ability to cross.

Bent has to start every game, and Parker played well in CM. Sidwell is useless and Boateng should start.

Riise, Hughes and Duff are finished.

I think we need to sign a left back
well if you based your opinion of kaca on his performances last year as oppossed to just 20 mins in a game that we had already lost then you would know

ffc73

We were much much better than last week

We played Arsenal who are far far superior to Sunderland

Conclusion? We should finish the season above Sunderland & below Arsenal

Johnh

The rain also seems to have an effect on us, we do not often do well in heavy rain. If Duff had taken his chance in the first half it may have been a different game. Will take a while for the team to settle and come together, looks like it might be another inconsistent season, but we will be ok in mid table.

Enter the Frei

If the keeper does his job properly the ball doesn't go straight back into the middle of the penalty area. He could and probably should of done better with it, but I think there were bigger mistakes made in the game today and it's harsh to give Stockdale the blame for that goal.

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2013, 03:09:04 PM

agreed.

Stockdale did well in the conditions, it was pelting down most of the game. good distribution as well, wonder what game some on here watch

atleTheodor

I don't fully blame stocko for the goal, but the combination of him and riise. He should've got the ball further away. Easily. And he was too slow today. Otherwise, he had a good game.

Still believe!

epsomraver

Lighthouse

Please don't blame Stockdale for the goals. That is simply grasping at straws. A bit like Bervatov grasping for a pass. There was plenty to admire today. I am fed up with saying the same things about what is wrong. So I shall say how well we played going forward and after we have players fit and playing well, we can at least look forward to some better and more exciting play.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

leonffc

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 24, 2013, 03:45:02 PM
Quote from: atleTheodor on August 24, 2013, 02:58:00 PMI think today was a harsh result.

If the keeper does his job properly the ball doesn't go straight back into the middle of the penalty area. He could and probably should of done better with it, but I think there were bigger mistakes made in the game today and it's harsh to give Stockdale the blame for that goal.

It was a strong shot at him. He had little time to react and he got good distance. If someone hit a ball at you that hard, how would you first touch be? Would you put I where you wanted? Also consider the angle it came at him. To put the ball wide he's got to put it A) back the way it came. No! B) scoop it over his head. Difficult. He got distance but both CM's were no where to be seen.
 Rewinding, I think Parker go caught napping in CM when the ball was played wide and the Riise was slow out to it

atleTheodor

Quote from: epsomraver on August 24, 2013, 03:49:38 PM
He was too slow today?  fp.gif fp.gif
Yes, he was too slow today. You don't agree? He took ages coming out to gather the ball. And he didnt dive quickly enough for the third goal. A better goalkeeper (Stek) probably would've caught that. And as I said before, I don't fully blame Stockdale, and I also think todays result was a bit harsh, as we played some good football. But I don't see how a better goalkeeper would have made those mistakes Stockdale did today. He is in fact a great 2nd goalkeeper, but not nearly as good as Schwarzer or Stekelenburg.

Still believe!

7787fulham

Agreed stockdale can't be blamed for the goals some of the blame has to be on the defence too many times did they not pay attention to the wings and everytime they got shown up. My only main complaint was tge fact we passed it between the back four way too much and I lost count of the amount of times the ball was passed back to stockdale. And my only stockdale complaint is once he has made the save he needs to just take his time before kicking/throwing the ball out he seems to rush and it then gets closed down too quick and the momentum is then gone. I think duff needs dropping and boeteng starting amd bent for kasami. We are missing dejagah and we need amorebieta to partner hangeland.