https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker, QUALITY....Bent...Scored on his 4th touch

Started by terryr, August 24, 2013, 08:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

We threatened hard in the first half...but NO FINISHER
Back row was shocking.
Tentative ....9 touches when we could have use 4 to push forward.
Disorganised at the back.
Parker's first game.
Weak at first....then settled down...then the vision and  genius passes started.
Bent...we he scored didn't he?
We might have put one or more in at the start if he'd been on at the beginning.
The sloppy weather helped us but we didn't convert.
Far more good than bad today and we shall do better against lesser teams.
We need to sort out the back. Midfield is starting to gell. When Parker finds his feet he will direct a decent attack. LET BENT DO HIS THING AND START HIM 

Ordar

I agree. Parker oozed quality. Didn't look "past it"
As many on here had claimed. Loved his driving runs forward, and was always made himself available to pass to. He's a quality player.

Bent looked sharp when he came on. Some great runs off the ball, and was on hand to beat the defender to the ball and tap in his goal. (We've really lacked a poacher). I thought his all round play was great. I have no doubt he'll score 15+ goals this season.

fulhamben

must admit ill hold my hands up, i wasnt that keen on parker coming. although my reason was why do we need a fourth dm,as opposed to i dont want parker. but i was extremily suprised as to how good he was. i hope he can keep this up and that we can find him a partner that works. i wasnt suprised with sidwell though, he played exactly how i thought he would. but back to topic, parker could be a fantastic signing for us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: fulhamben on August 24, 2013, 08:13:44 PM
must admit ill hold my hands up, i wasnt that keen on parker coming. although my reason was why do we need a fourth dm,as opposed to i dont want parker. but i was extremily suprised as to how good he was. i hope he can keep this up and that we can find him a partner that works. i wasnt suprised with sidwell though, he played exactly how i thought he would. but back to topic, parker could be a fantastic signing for us.

I will raise my hand as well. I thought he was not going to be a worthwhile acquisition, but Parker is exactly what the squad needed in the CM. With he and Tarrabt, the team finally have two players who can penetrate a midfield with the dribble and pass. When Dembele left last season, FFC had nobody to do this.

Who should partner Parker is the biggest question Jol has to answer if this season is going to be a success if you ask me.

Sidwell is not the answer, he isn't enough of a ball winner and does not provide any ability to link the back with the forwards. It doesn't do any good to have all that talent to play in the front 4 positions if you do not have anyone in the center of the park to get them the ball.

I still believe the player they need is not yet on the roster.

terryr

Parker looked like a general when he found his feet.
He will only get better.
What are we going to do about the backs????
they looked pathetic at times.
TOO many touches
Nervous
Tentative.
WE NEED BETTER

SKSW6

Loved the way Parker really acknowledged the fans at the end too. In fact the whole team (apart from Berbatov) came over which was good to see after some games last season where it would only be Hangeland and Riether.

God The Mechanic

What exactly do you mean by the backs?  Full backs, centre backs or both? :P

terryr

Am I the only one who felt our backs let us down???? If so Then I'll shut up as I am very new on the forum 094.gif

terryr

we were shocking.
Too many touches.
Nervous when pressed
disorganised and endless back-passes to the keeper often dangerously.

Sammyffc

Stek
Rither Amor Hange Riise
Dejagh Parker Daddycool Tarrabt
        Bent    Berbs

HAS to be that next game as they should all be fully fit

fulhamben

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 24, 2013, 08:41:55 PM
         Stek
Rither Amor Hange Riise
Dejagh Parker Daddycool Tarrabt
         Bent    Berbs

HAS to be that next game as they should all be fully fit
who is daddy cool?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: TerryR on August 24, 2013, 08:37:48 PM
Full backs

Thought Riether did ok, some decent stuff going forwards but as caught out of position a few times.  Riise was just... Riise.  Nothing overly good, but nothing disastrously bad I didn't think.

The team is crying out for someone to sit in front of he back four, giving them someone to pass to and allowing the full backs to go forwards as they will offer protection.  Parker isn't a sitter, he "gets stuck in".

fulhamben

Quote from: God The Mechanic on August 24, 2013, 08:45:18 PM
Quote from: TerryR on August 24, 2013, 08:37:48 PM
Full backs

Thought Riether did ok, some decent stuff going forwards but as caught out of position a few times.  Riise was just... Riise.  Nothing overly good, but nothing disastrously bad I didn't think.

The team is crying out for someone to sit in front of he back four, giving them someone to pass to and allowing the full backs to go forwards as they will offer protection.  Parker isn't a sitter, he "gets stuck in".
only cos sidwell is inept. put kasami or ruiz or taraabt next to him and it would be different. he would care more about defence knowing the others could push it on. its what he did for england.

MasterHaynes

I'll need to bury my misgivings about Parker, when I heard we may be signing him I thought we could do better and when we signed him on a 3 year contract I thought we had been veryfoolish but having seen his performance today I can see him being the lynch pin of our midfield for the next 3 years. He was our best player today, a real asset.

Oh and to all the Karagounis knockers he gave a great cameo performance today one great 30 yard pass to Riise and drew a foul from Wilshire getting him booked, gotta get over his age he is an integral part of this squad.

Vermeer

Firstly ~ warm welcome to Terry R. Am only here two weeks myself. Am sure the gents on here will let us express anything we want so don't worry mate. Today was rough but not the worst. Taarabt was inventive. Hope he loses half a stone and he will be crucial. Parker I've always liked.
       It's only me i suppose but he reminds me of Ray Wilkins~ always available for a pass, capable of the shrewd pass but cautious, sometimes too much.Classy but a bit inhibited. Bent will help this season. He has a bloody GO, which we need. We need a bit of wild spark sometimes don't we? I miss Frei.  Like Dejagah~he tries things at speed. We need that. Overall, thought we would have drawn if we'd closed down more in midfield. They pressed us more when we were on the ball than vice versa.

RaySmith

:plus one:
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 24, 2013, 09:28:43 PM
I'll need to bury my misgivings about Parker, when I heard we may be signing him I thought we could do better and when we signed him on a 3 year contract I thought we had been veryfoolish but having seen his performance today I can see him being the lynch pin of our midfield for the next 3 years. He was our best player today, a real asset.

Oh and to all the Karagounis knockers he gave a great cameo performance today one great 30 yard pass to Riise and drew a foul from Wilshire getting him booked, gotta get over his age he is an integral part of this squad.
:plus one:

bill taylors apprentice

"Back row shocking" ?
Generally that happens when they are exposed to a fast attacking opposition with the midfield gone awol, a bit like today actually.
Riether had a good game, Riise was ok, H & H are not always comfortable on the ball at the best of times.
We were outnumbered in midfield but at least we kept the ball, if only going sideways.
Parker was impressive but we have a problem trying to get the blend right in midfield

Artful Dodger

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 24, 2013, 11:57:09 PM
"Back row shocking" ?
Generally that happens when they are exposed to a fast attacking opposition with the midfield gone awol, a bit like today actually.
Riether had a good game, Riise was ok, H & H are not always comfortable on the ball at the best of times.
We were outnumbered in midfield but at least we kept the ball, if only going sideways.
Parker was impressive but we have a problem trying to get the blend right in midfield
Watched the match on BT Sport and Owen Hargreaves was on and seemed fairly intelligent. He actually felt that the back 5 played fairly well and pinned the blame on the midfield not getting back or being in the worng place if they were back, when Arsenal broke.

I am not Riise biggest fan but he barely had any help from Taarabt in front and when you have Walcott breaking at speed, it will be difficult. I am sure that Parker will sort things out once he has settled in and hopefully Jol will realise that Taarabt shouldn't play wide midfield against the better teams (although I have less optimisim about the latter point given Jols record so far).

Faber est suae quisque fortunae

JackyFulham90

Bent & Parker will make a massive difference for us, Parker was our best player by far would like to see him next to Boateng so he can push on with cover