A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PETITION: Fulham fans for the removal of the TV Gantry in Johnny Haynes Stand

Started by LBNo11, August 25, 2013, 12:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you request that the club remove the TV Gantry to another location that is not obscuring paying fans views.

YES
151 (96.2%)
NO
6 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 147

LBNo11

The Fulham supporters request that the TV camera gantry that obstructs the views of Fulham fans should be removed and replaced in an unobtrusive location elsewhere:-

(Please just answer the poll question as I will attach the link to the original post where views (unobstructed ones) have been made already)...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

westcliff white

i will vote yes, but the clu cant move it under the agreement they have with the premier league. This basically allows the TV companies to dictate where the cameras are located in each ground. Selling to the devil etc
Every day is a Fulham day

Berserker

I'll vote yes tomorrow as not got access to PC at mo, unless you want to do it on my behalf LB
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulham traveller

fulhams_finest

Can we get an official petition for the removal of the hideous mj statue aswell while petitions are a hot topic

Fletchino

It's acts like this that is making me fall out of love with football.

nose

the club are perfectly entitled  remove the camera..... if they can be bothered......   i hope they are listening to the unnecessary upset.

i tried to arithmetically calculate how many people now can't properly see the pitch. I reckon it must be the majority of people or at least 50% of the JH stand will be affected, not the handful the club seem to think.

i despair of modern management and its callous disregard for common decency. all they had to do was say to the PL the geography does not allow this camera because we are an old stadium but a small remote camera could be easily added with nobody being disadvantaged.

Riversider

Time for Sarah Brookes in her well paid position to step up to the plate and act on behalf of the supporters instead of tweeting about tennis all the time !

watfordwhite

Otley

In addition - those of us who sit near the journalists should ask them to do a piece on the topic.

Roberty

I would be delighted to support this petition if they remove the interior and roof of the JH stand with it.

The whole problem with the JH Stand is that it is not fit for purpose in the first place; maybe we need to start a campaign to have parts of it de-listed, so the club can build a new stand behind the retained Stevenage Road façade.

If this were done it should be possible to have a cantilevered roof with no pillars and provision TV cameras in the roof space.

Oh - and while we are at it maybe the "Cottage" can be moved to Bishops Park or even relocated to Motspur Park.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

epsomraver

Quote from: Roberty on August 26, 2013, 05:41:47 PM
I would be delighted to support this petition if they remove the interior and roof of the JH stand with it.

The whole problem with the JH Stand is that it is not fit for purpose in the first place; maybe we need to start a campaign to have parts of it de-listed, so the club can build a new stand behind the retained Stevenage Road façade.

If this were done it should be possible to have a cantilevered roof with no pillars and provision TV cameras in the roof space.

Oh - and while we are at it maybe the "Cottage" can be moved to Bishops Park or even relocated to Motspur Park.

What are you a WUM ?

Irelands_number1

Isnt it only for games shown live on BT???
and didnt BT say they will be sorting out an agreement with ST holders affected??

Peabody

Quote from: westcliff white on August 25, 2013, 08:01:14 PM
i will vote yes, but the clu cant move it under the agreement they have with the premier league. This basically allows the TV companies to dictate where the cameras are located in each ground. Selling to the devil etc

They also have contractual obligations to the season ticket holders

Roberty

Quote from: epsomraver on August 26, 2013, 05:51:18 PM

The whole problem with the JH Stand is that it is not fit for purpose in the first place; maybe we need to start a campaign to have parts of it de-listed, so the club can build a new stand behind the retained Stevenage Road facade.

What are you a WUM ?

Nope - listing it served it's purpose - saving the ground from becoming a residential development - it is now time to move on and have a stand that is fit for purpose behind the retained Stevenage Road facade.

I have only sat there once and could not believe how much the roof supports obstructed the sightlines. I also wondered if it was any safer than the stand at Bradford's valley parade ground that caught fire on 11 may 1985 - if you need to be reminded 56 were killed and 265 were injured. At the one of the Europe League games in 2011 visiting fans set of flares - I was watching from the Hammy End but came out in a cold sweat when I remembered what happened at Bradford - thankfully is was not a fire but the amount of smoke did make me wonder.

The Cottage serves no useful purpose at all and I know a company who - for a price - would stabilise it onto a new foundation and move it to a more appropriate location.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

The Equalizer

Quote from: Roberty on August 26, 2013, 06:22:59 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on August 26, 2013, 05:51:18 PM

The whole problem with the JH Stand is that it is not fit for purpose in the first place; maybe we need to start a campaign to have parts of it de-listed, so the club can build a new stand behind the retained Stevenage Road facade.

What are you a WUM ?

Nope - listing it served it's purpose - saving the ground from becoming a residential development - it is now time to move on and have a stand that is fit for purpose behind the retained Stevenage Road facade.

I have only sat there once and could not believe how much the roof supports obstructed the sightlines. I also wondered if it was any safer than the stand at Bradford's valley parade ground that caught fire on 11 may 1985 - if you need to be reminded 56 were killed and 265 were injured. At the one of the Europe League games in 2011 visiting fans set of flares - I was watching from the Hammy End but came out in a cold sweat when I remembered what happened at Bradford - thankfully is was not a fire but the amount of smoke did make me wonder.

The Cottage serves no useful purpose at all and I know a company who - for a price - would stabilise it onto a new foundation and move it to a more appropriate location.

The fact remains that this is a completely irrelevant argument. The problem raised by this petition is regarding the television gantry and the fact that the better part of 500 supporters in all likelihood, if not a lot more, have had their matchday experience affected or devastated by something in the way that should not be there. Arguments about whether the stand is fit for purpose can be revisited - the stand is not going to suddenly get rebuilt. The TV gantry CAN, however, be removed.

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

filham

Quote from: westcliff white on August 25, 2013, 08:01:14 PM
[/quote
And surely if they leave the obstruction in place they have broken contracts and lost faith with all their fans who have lost their view of the game, which is most important to them.

MJG

Quote from: Irelands_number1 on August 26, 2013, 06:01:23 PM
Isnt it only for games shown live on BT???
and didnt BT say they will be sorting out an agreement with ST holders affected??
No and No

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

MJG

Quote from: Otley on August 26, 2013, 05:23:54 PM
In addition - those of us who sit near the journalists should ask them to do a piece on the topic.
john Cross of the mirror said he didn't blame the club and its all down to FA regulations with reagrds TVs coverage.
All sides are to blame, but I would like to know who asked for this reaction cam. I'm convinced its BT Sport who may have asked for it as they want to look new and use things sky haven't. Strange how we go 20 years without one then new deal new company and we get it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

The Swan

The Swan