more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol: Merged

Started by mungos beans, August 27, 2013, 09:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

Denver Fulham

We often play terrible football now. Everything is slow, tedious, dull. No pace, no one in the box, no good service from anyone outside of Riether, and when he sends in a good cross, there's no one there. And the minute we try to be more ambitious, our slow dudes get destroyed in transition.

Yet Jol keeps ramming players into his 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 or however it sets up, even though he ends up with multiple attacking players out of natural position and a defensive midfield that's both totally redundant and not creative.

Jol seems to be able to attract some better players than we're accustomed to landing, but he can't figure out a way to play that makes the best use of what he has, which is somewhat mindboggling at this point. Feel free to change your approach if what you're doing is yielding this garbage.

nose

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on August 29, 2013, 11:40:11 AM
Quote from: nose on August 29, 2013, 10:13:38 AM
Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on August 29, 2013, 10:05:59 AM
All this JOL out talk is doing my head in, and i feel alot of you who want him out for whatever reason are spoilt by the fact you havnt all been supporting the team for any real length of time.
Who after 3 games would replace the manager? only a club with no stability and a panicy chairman and boardroom.
Who would we get to replace him? who would be as good or better who is available?
Jol has bought in some terrific signings with out spending cash he hasnt got and his reputation has helped to bring them to the club.
Ok so we wobbelled against burton albion, whats new under any manager we have had in the last 20-30 years, nothing, we always struggle against smaller teams and we over the years not just under JOL have been awful away from home.
JOL did nothing wrong in putting out a strong team, but for burton it was there cup final and had a record of upsetting bigger clubs, which they almost did.
JOL isnt perfect and will learn as he goes making him stronger, other than Tigana he is the best manager we have had in many a year. Hodgeson did well but took us as far as he could and i still feel JOL is overall a better manager that has built his own team.
Those of you who havnt been supporting us for that long dont get carried away that we are something we are not, we are growing but dont expect us to perform or challange for europe it should be a target but not a given. A good start at sunderland, followed by an expected Arsenal win, again with our track record away from home, dont expect a win at Newcastle, a draw would be a good result , a win fantstic!!!
I want Fulham to succeed as much as the next person and stability in a manager is crucial
or we are always building a new team and starting out fresh again, lets get behind JOL and the team and support us through thick and thin.
COYW

I havemn't actually said I want jol out but if were chairman i would replace him and actually I have been a season ticket holder for 50+ years. I suspect most anti Jol people are the long term inmates like me. We have seen it all before and recognise  underachievemt when we see it very quickly.

Ask your self this, does Jol get the best from the squad? Are we better than when he took over?
IMO the answer to both is no and in fact I think we are going backwards, he promised a younger more pacey squad, we have an older more pedestrian squad.

Yes but he has no money to bring in the younger players, if he did he would spend out on youth, but he has said there is no money to spend and the youngsters cost more money, hence why kasami, briggs, kaka, etc are starting to be introduced.
I thought the new chairman would put his hand in his pocket but so far he hasnt so JOL has had to make do.
I like you, have been a long term supporter, 30 years for me 20 of them season ticket holder, and i have seen some real nails at this club like you.
I just want stability,too much change and will end end up like jokeshop QPR

I don't know. I really don't. I undersatnd your point but I do feel we are not getting the best from what we have. We do have a few good younger players but you have to give them a bit more of a chance e.g. briggs against burton.
Stability is a good idea and I hate the uncertainty of change but this manager makes me uneasy. Let me give you an example. the burton game he brought on kasami at a defensive corner, I was always taught and heard all managers say make the change when you are in possesion i.e. your dead ball or at least when it is not a dangerous situation. Jol changed at their corner and immediately they scored, was that a conincidence or just him breaking one of the simplest rules. I can give dozens of examples of what i consider errors, but I write too much.
But i commend you for at least making a good case, better than most, in favour of staying as we are.
I will be interested to see how we get on when berba and bent start and what supporting players are used around them.