https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Vs Newcastle

Started by JackyFulham90, August 28, 2013, 01:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: farfouille on August 28, 2013, 08:02:22 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 28, 2013, 07:54:57 PM
I'm sure Dejagah, Karagounis, Hughes, Ruiz won't feature after being so poor last game
What if we get to see Rodalega, Berba and Bent at the same time on the pitch! Pace from Rodalega and Kaca and Bent. Freedom for Berbatov. Two holding midfielders, say Parker and Boateng

How's that possible? Rodallega on the wing? We all know what this leads to.
I don't think Hughes and Kara were that bad. Risse and Ruiz were that bad.
By the way, Parker was great - did anyone notice that? I am really happy with him.

Ruiz was absolutely woeful first half but very effective second half. The lesson to be learned is try to keep him in the final third as much as possible and he will do real damage. This means we're more vulnerable defensively but I want to see exciting football with lots of goals.
Parker was great, he's not what I thought he'd be though, more gung ho. So he needs to be played with the right partner, namely a holding midfielder/anchorman. We only have Boateng who can play that role right now.

JackyFulham90

Parker has to start he will be well up for it against his old club, as will Duff

Swedish Terrier

Stockdale

Riether Senderos Hangeland Briggs

Dejagah Parker Kasami Kacaniklic

Bent    Berbatov

Etheridge, Grimmer, Riise, Boateng, David, Taarabt, Woodrow
Proud member of FFC Sweden.

Cottage count-4         Away count-2

Fernhurst

Watching the Barcodes playing Morecambe at the mo ( 0-0 after 42 mins)
They are certainly playing at a faster pace than us.

There again.....so are Morecambe.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SP

It would seem the Geordies are struggling to shift tickets.  Civil Servants are getting them for £15!

http://www.cssc.co.uk/web/FILES/NUFC_TIcket_Offer_A3_Fulham.pdf

Jimmy Hill

Stockdale

Hughes Hangerland Amberoeti
Riether                                              Briggs
                 Boatang    Parker  Sidwell

Berba
                                    Bent
Subs
Etheridge, Dejagah, Duff, Kaca, Rodders, Ruiz, Kasarmi, Kara, Senderos, tarrabt

3-5-2 is the way to go

EJL

Taarabt couldn't walk down the dugout stairs.

Danny

Quote from: farfouille on August 28, 2013, 08:02:22 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 28, 2013, 07:54:57 PM
I'm sure Dejagah, Karagounis, Hughes, Ruiz won't feature after being so poor last game
What if we get to see Rodalega, Berba and Bent at the same time on the pitch! Pace from Rodalega and Kaca and Bent. Freedom for Berbatov. Two holding midfielders, say Parker and Boateng

How's that possible? Rodallega on the wing? We all know what this leads to.
I don't think Hughes and Kara were that bad. Riise, Dejagah and Ruiz were that bad.
By the way, Parker was great - did anyone notice that? I am really happy with him.

Arsene Wenger was really pleased to see Scott Parker at the mid.
Sure he noticed and enjoyed that.

Fulham_Surrey

Brown@FFC

Quote from: The Moose on August 28, 2013, 06:13:08 PM
I would play
Stockers
Riether Hughes Brede Briggs
Boateng Parker
Ruiz Berba Kaca
Bent

But I would make sure Ruiz didn't drop so deep ALL the time. If he does he's no use to us. Kaca has to start over Duff every time.

I will repeat it once again, Ruiz cannot play out wide.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 28, 2013, 08:05:55 PM
Parker has to start he will be well up for it against his old club, as will Duff

You really want Duff in the team? Are you drunk?

Brown@FFC

Stockdale

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Briggs

Parker

Dejagah Ruiz Taarabt

Berbatov Bent

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 29, 2013, 01:23:37 AM
Quote from: The Moose on August 28, 2013, 06:13:08 PM
I would play
Stockers
Riether Hughes Brede Briggs
Boateng Parker
Ruiz Berba Kaca
Bent

But I would make sure Ruiz didn't drop so deep ALL the time. If he does he's no use to us. Kaca has to start over Duff every time.

I will repeat it once again, Ruiz cannot play out wide.

He wouldn't need to, the three would roam and not be tied down. The only player likely to go wide would be Kaca and even he would be given licence to drift in from time to time. It's what the best footballing teams do.
Dempsey on paper was a left winger but he spent very little time there.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Brown@FFC on August 29, 2013, 01:26:57 AM
Stockdale

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Briggs

Parker

Dejagah Ruiz Taarabt

Berbatov Bent

Woeful. This team would be torn to shreds.

Count Berbatov

I didn't mean Kara was bad, I rather meant he won't feature being tired
But I think we all agree, Jol is absolutely unpredictable and he won't do the most logical thing there's to do and rest the tired legs, drop the underperformed ones. Logical to us fans at least.
That said, the team now has too much quality, so the odds are, he can't go wrong, he'd put a decent team out there

Sir Alex said once, that the team can "carry" up to 3 players who may have an off day. So those 3 Jol could gamble on might be Ruiz , because of necessity and the fact that he feels obligated to play him, Parker, because of maybe being pushed too far, with no proper pre season and after 120 min midweek could be just too much ; Rodalega, because this might have been a rare flash of brilliance, luck or something else , as he normally doesn't score his chances

I'd play

----Boateng - Parker
Kasami - Berbatov - Kaca
-----------Bent

I'd put my money on it
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RaySmith

It's a matter of finding the right TEAM amongst all the talented players we have. We have 6, I think, new players in the squad, so it will take time to gel.

VamosFFC

I wish Jol would try a different formation sometimes. I'm tired of the 4231 or 4411 and it doesn't seem like their working to well either. Why not try a 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. I know this is wishful thinking, but we need a new formation.

GW02

Stockdale
Riether                 Hangeland             Hughes/ AM if fit                        Briggs

Boateng

Parker              Karagounis

Taarabt

Berbatov

Bent

Set up defensive and is a very narrow playing team. Ideal for going away soaking up the early pressure on what they have called a "must win." Attack on the counter first half, maybe become more expansive when crowd start to get on their back.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: GW02 on August 29, 2013, 11:09:46 AM
                                         Stockdale
Riether                 Hangeland             Hughes/ AM if fit                        Briggs

Boateng

Parker              Karagounis

Taarabt

Berbatov

Bent

Set up defensive and is a very narrow playing team. Ideal for going away soaking up the early pressure on what they have called a "must win." Attack on the counter first half, maybe become more expansive when crowd start to get on their back.

That's not a bad line up actually. Give Parker and Karagounis licence to roam forward and same with Riether and Briggs. However Boateng must stay back at all times. If we can suffocate Cabaye we can win the game. Kaca and Rodallega could come on in the second half to really stretch the game.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: GW02 on August 29, 2013, 11:09:46 AMStockdale
Riether                 Hangeland             Hughes/ AM if fit                        Briggs

Boateng

Parker              Karagounis

Taarabt

Berbatov

Bent

Everyone in this line up, bar maybe Bent is slow. Contra attack and quick are two words you can't associate with the players you have starting . You need Kaca and Kasami, maybe Dejagah around Berbs. Bent or Hugo up top. That's my line up, and that's where the pace is
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"