more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Vs Newcastle

Started by JackyFulham90, August 28, 2013, 01:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Jols press conference will be interesting

Will Taarabt be fit after coming off injured last night?
Will Stekelenburg & Amorebieta return to the squad?

Some people are saying Dejagah struggled on the right yesterday maybe Duff will get the nod
Rodallega has to be in contention after his cameo last night
Riise looks set to continue at LB

Will be interesting to see the team news we really need Stek & Amo back fit to make us more solid,  I am also surprised to see Boateng stuck on the bench

If everyone is fit then I would go

Stekelenburg

Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Riise

Parker Boateng

Kacaniklic Berbatov Taarabt

Bent

Subs - Stockdale , Hughes , Karagounis , Dejagah , Kasami , Ruiz , Rodallega

Doubt it would happen but would be interesting to see Kaca down the right he has a good finish on him if he can cut in getting shots off

Winable game for us hopeully we have all our players fit as the ones currently missing do  make a difference for us

FFC1987

Stockdale
Riether    Amore    Hangeland    Riise/Briggs

Dejagah            Parker               Kaca
                      Berbatov
             Bent           Rodders

Team suicide but hell we might score a few goals!

FFC1987

My actual thinking on what Jol will do for the lineup will be this.

Stockdale
Riether      Hughes    Hangeland     Riise
Duff          Parker      Sidwell         Kaca
                Bent        berbatov

I think he will play it safe and do this pending injuries etc. I don't like it however.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 28, 2013, 01:44:42 PM

Stockdale
                Bent        berbatov

I think he will play it safe and do this pending injuries etc. I don't like it however.
If Adel is fit he might play left, but yes I suspect you are spot on.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on August 28, 2013, 01:46:17 PM

Stockdale
                Bent        berbatov

I excluded Adel because he came off injured but I think you're right if fit.

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 28, 2013, 02:26:01 PM

Stockdale
                Bent        berbatov

Another thing with Jol not making changes last night is that our 4 defenders, all 30 plus will have played 3 games in a week with one going to extra time. Last 15 minutes could be painful to watch on Saturday.

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on August 28, 2013, 03:01:52 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 28, 2013, 02:26:01 PM

Stockdale
                Bent        berbatov

Another thing with Jol not making changes last night is that our 4 defenders, all 30 plus will have played 3 games in a week with one going to extra time. Last 15 minutes could be painful to watch on Saturday.

We have big phil in the ranks to liven it up! Imagine that suicide side I posted but with Phil at the back!

JackyFulham90

Jols team

Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Parker Sidwell

Duff Berbatov Taarabt

Bent

is this team good enough to win at Newcastle?

cottage cheese

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on August 28, 2013, 05:37:27 PM
Jols team

Stockdale

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Parker Sidwell

Duff Berbatov Taarabt

Bent

is this team good enough to win at Newcastle?

Take duff and replace him with Dejagah (if fit) and that's one fine team to me in all honesty.

twang

I just hope that we play with Bent or Rodallega up front and at least one pacey winger. Otherwise it's guaranteed that we'll get the same dull walking pace performance as we're used to.

Stockers/Stek
Riether - Hughes - Brede - Briggs
Parker - Sidwell
Dejagah - Berba - Taarabt
Bent/Rodagol

Doesn't matter who gets the nod in goal, Stockdale has done very well.
Briggs ahead of Riise every time, please. Amore might start if fit.
Would prefer Kasami to Sidwell but that doesn't look likely to happen.
Ruiz and Kaca on the flanks would also be an option, but Taarabt is doing well and Dejagah put in a less poor performance than Kaca yesterday.
Would be tempted to play Hugo now that he's got a confidence boost. I know many on here don't rate him but I do, and think that he's been used very poorly by Jol.

Bassey the warrior

I would play
Stockers
Riether Hughes Brede Briggs
Boateng Parker
Ruiz Berba Kaca
Bent

But I would make sure Ruiz didn't drop so deep ALL the time. If he does he's no use to us. Kaca has to start over Duff every time.

Bassey the warrior

Karagounis and Kasami could both provide industry if required and with any luck Rodders will take his new found confidence into the game.

Deanothefulhamfan

Kara wont feature atlfter last nights shift.... Think he may rest hughes as well after yesterday....

Where is Amboreita????? Think stek is out for a good few weeks....

I like The moose team.... Maybe sidwell over Boateng if I jad to be picky, he will pick Riise though.... Bent and Berbatov is a must imo

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 28, 2013, 06:22:49 PM
Kara wont feature atlfter last nights shift.... Think he may rest hughes as well after yesterday....

Where is Amboreita????? Think stek is out for a good few weeks....

I like The moose team.... Maybe sidwell over Boateng if I jad to be picky, he will pick Riise though.... Bent and Berbatov is a must imo
You cannot ever play Sidwell and Parker, they're the same player and neither will be disciplined enough to protect the back four.

Big Martin Jol

I don't particularly like it but for me this is the team that Jol will pick.        

Stockdale
Riether-Senderos-Hangeland-Briggs
Dejagah-Sidwell-Boateng-Kacaniklic
               Berbatov
               Rodallega

Subs: Etheridge, Hughes, Riise, Duff, Parker, Taarabt, Ruiz, Bent.

Goalkeeper - Stockdale is a given since Stekelenburg is surely out for a little while more.
Right back - Riether will be tired but we've got no real alternative.
Centre backs - Hangeland and Senderos because Hughes played for two hours yesterday and Amorebieta is still missing in action.
Left back - Give Briggs a chance since Riise doesn't seem to have arrested his decline over the pre-season (and played all night against Burton).
Wide players - Dejagah played eighty-four minutes and is therefore worth a punt whilst Kacaniklic would appear to be match fit once more.
Central midfielders - Parker played for two hours and Karagounis only a little less against Burton so Sidwell and Boateng are the default choice.
In the hole - Berbatov, who will be fresh after being rested on Tuesday. Kasami too inexperienced, Taarabt still lacking a little bit of match fitness and Ruiz appears to have forgotten how to play football.
Lone striker - Rodallega offers us another option up front and should play on the strength of his cup goal, Bent won't since he did all two hours the other night.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Bassey the warrior

Personally I feelfor the money they are on the players should be able to handle this. I'd also add that Kasami looked more assured when he dropped to centre mid, he is never going to be a number 10.

berbitatov

Stockdale
Senderos-Hangeland-Briggs
Sidwell-Boateng-Kasami
           Taarabt
Rodallega-Bent---Berba  

3-3-1-3
3 defenders like Udinesse, 3 DM, Taarabt ACM (his natural position free role), 3 strikers

Count Berbatov

I'm sure Dejagah, Karagounis, Hughes, Ruiz won't feature after being so poor last game
What if we get to see Rodalega, Berba and Bent at the same time on the pitch! Pace from Rodalega and Kaca and Bent. Freedom for Berbatov. Two holding midfielders, say Parker and Boateng
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 28, 2013, 07:54:57 PM
I'm sure Dejagah, Karagounis, Hughes, Ruiz won't feature after being so poor last game
What if we get to see Rodalega, Berba and Bent at the same time on the pitch! Pace from Rodalega and Kaca and Bent. Freedom for Berbatov. Two holding midfielders, say Parker and Boateng

Karagounis wasn't poor, he was one of the better players. Rodallega cannot really play on the wing, for me he can only play as an out and out striker as he can't dribble.

farfouille

Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 28, 2013, 07:54:57 PM

How's that possible? Rodallega on the wing? We all know what this leads to.
I don't think Hughes and Kara were that bad. Riise, Dejagah and Ruiz were that bad.
By the way, Parker was great - did anyone notice that? I am really happy with him.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen