https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Neck and Neck

Started by sunburywhite, August 28, 2013, 09:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Pardew and Jol

Who is the worst and who will get sacked first
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Berserker

I was naughty and put a £10 on it a couple of weeks ago, although in reality I want us to do well and Jol not get the sack
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

horse1031

pardew...  if they lose cabaye they might have a tough go.

Rhys Lightning 63

12/1 at Coral, might be worth a sneaky £5
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

St Eve

Doesn't Pardew have a long contract? They can't afford to sack him.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: St Eve on August 29, 2013, 02:18:56 AM

It's very unlikely he'd get the full 8 years worth if he was sacked. It's more likely to be one or two years worth of pay.

Burt

fulhamben

pardew is worst and as to sack neither. jol will not extend after this season, as he is probably frustrated at having to sign freebies and loans.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

Not as frustrated as Fulham fans are with his tactics and our boring football for 18 months

fulhamben

Quote from: epsomraver on August 29, 2013, 09:12:46 AM
Not as frustrated as Fulham fans are with his tactics and our boring football for 18 months
yep not impressed with our central midfielders but if thats all we can get then we will just have to put up with them.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Roberty

Quote from: Berserker on August 28, 2013, 10:14:16 PM
I was naughty and put a £10 on it a couple of weeks ago, although in reality I want us to do well and Jol not get the sack

If you were at a public school some years ago you would have got "six of the best" for being naughty.
How life has changed - now you are just going to be sent to sit on the "naughty step".
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

grandad

Pardew as he has had loads of cash to spend whilst Jol has had to do it on a shoestring. I think Jol must be frustrated as hell & wouldn´t blame him if he resigned after the January window if he isn´t given sufficient funds to invest.
We can´t keep promising managers that there will be funds available for the right player & then not sanctioning 3 million for a player. I am amazed that Jol has managed to assemble the players he has by hardly spending at all.
Where there's a will there's a wife

TonyGilroy

Khan's said all the right things.

I think he'll want to understand English football before taking any action and whiilst he's no doubt a quick learner I think Jol's job is safe for some months no matter the results and performances.

There really isn't much obvious managerial talent out there.

Of the 13 clubs that we're competing with who's manager would we really think would do better than Jol?

Paul Lambert for sure and maybe Martinez or Houghton but I'm not convinced. Allardyce of course but that would make me tear up my season ticket. Clarke's obviously a good coach and Laudrup's a maybe.

None of the others.

Real managerial talent rises higher.

King_Crud

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 29, 2013, 03:03:16 AM

It's very unlikely he'd get the full 8 years worth if he was sacked. It's more likely to be one or two years worth of pay.

I remember when he signed it was said that Newcastle could sack him without paying him out, hence the long contract

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Enter the Frei on August 29, 2013, 03:03:16 AM

If you look at his annaul salary though, I believe its one of lowest in the premier league. Something like 500k per year. Jol will be on something between £1-2 Million a year.

I think Pardew will go first. I don't think Jol will get sacked.

mangoputney

Quote from: epsomraver on August 29, 2013, 09:12:46 AM

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

alfie

We have played 3 games so far, won 2 lost 1
I don't think it is the standard of play the club worry about, but the results.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on August 29, 2013, 11:27:32 AM

:plus one:

I don't get the obsession with 'entertaining' play - to me it is entertaining if we win, and not if we lose, no matter how much good football we play.

Good football is winning football as far as I'm concerned.

the nutflush

Quote from: RaySmith on August 29, 2013, 11:37:59 AM
Quote from: alfie on August 29, 2013, 11:27:32 AM

:plus one:

I don't get the obsession with 'entertaining' play - to me it is entertaining if we win, and not if we lose, no matter how much good football we play.

Good football is winning football as far as I'm concerned.

So was that rubbish they served up at Sunderland good football?  Please...

RaySmith

Yes it was - a very good away win on our first game of the season at a difficult place.

There are other qualities in football besides  scoring goals - and this a very good defensive performance.