https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: QPR looking to move

Started by watfordwhite, August 30, 2013, 08:28:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

watfordwhite

Roberty

Was in the Chronicle on 21 August

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-qpr/2013/08/21/stadium-dream-a-step-closer-for-qpr-82029-33754326/

and again today

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-and-hammersmith-news/2013/08/29/qpr-eye-up-proposed-stadium-in-old-oak-common-plans-82029-33786558/

It seems to be saying that they expect to be back in the Premier League by the time the development is finished in 2026
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Fulham76

move/]http://www.regen.net/bulletin/regendaily/article/1208706/qpr-mulls-old-oak-common-stadium-move/[/url]
[/quote]

Who cares what that lot are up to? It will never happen & much more likely they'll go out of business the way their owners run the club.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 30, 2013, 09:09:52 AM
move/]http://www.regen.net/bulletin/regendaily/article/1208706/qpr-mulls-old-oak-common-stadium-move/[/url]

Who cares what that lot are up to? It will never happen & much more likely they'll go out of business the way their owners run the club.
[/quote]

As a another similar sized club in our borough I'm very interested in what they're doing.I don't know why you think its never going to happen, I think its got every chance that it will. The Mittals and Fernandes have been eyeing this up for a year and according to a Rangers mate who has some good connections ,its nailed on.
Personally hope it doesn't, we may laugh at them in a 40,000 seat stadium but its going to accessible from nearly everywhere. Not sure why a lot of our fans are indifferent to them when they're a far bigger threat support wise than Chelsea are.
Actually envy them a little, have to say been completely underwhelmed by the start of the Khan era, bargain basement shopping and the riverside expansion seems to have gone very quiet again

Lighthouse

This is also a way forward on the subject that dares not speak its name. Ground sharing will be a possibility at some point. Sadly I think it has to happen one day. The Cottage is wonderful and our home. But we will come to the point where even a multi millionaire will think that it makes no sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Buffalo76

[/quote]

Fingers crossed  :yay:

Joe McDonald

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 30, 2013, 09:56:23 AM
Actually envy them a little, have to say been completely underwhelmed by the start of the Khan era, bargain basement shopping and the riverside expansion seems to have gone very quiet again

How many tims does this have to be said:  THERE ARE 50+ PLANNING CONDITIONS (effectively further mini applications) THAT NEED TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE ANY WORK CAN START

Seriously, it's like banging my head against a brick wall with some of you lot.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Joe McDonald on August 30, 2013, 10:07:05 AM

How many tims does this have to be said:  THERE ARE 50+ PLANNING CONDITIONS (effectively further mini applications) THAT NEED TO BE COMPLETED BEFORE ANY WORK CAN START

Whooa, wind ya neck in will ya.
You obviously know a lot more about this than others and apologies for not reading every bloody word that's wrote on here.
All I know is planning permission was granted over a year ago, we were told that once a preferred developer had been identified work could've started as early as this pre season. You're now saying there's scores of mini applications to have passed off, well perhaps the club could've put that down as a footnote to stop brick wall head butting inducing idiots like myself worrying WTF was going on.
Looks like next close season at the earliest then?, two years after planning permission. I appreciate its not a standard build and there are a lot if issues involved but just wish the club was a bit more forthcoming and not always so vague.

Two Ton Ted

Is that the HS2 hub that is looking very dodgy regarding it's go ahead due to escalating costs?
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Joe McDonald

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 30, 2013, 01:39:38 PM
Quote from: Joe McDonald on August 30, 2013, 10:07:05 AM

Whooa, wind ya neck in will ya.
You obviously know a lot more about this than others and apologies for not reading every bloody word that's wrote on here.
All I know is planning permission was granted over a year ago, we were told that once a preferred developer had been identified work could've started as early as this pre season. You're now saying there's scores of mini applications to have passed off, well perhaps the club could've put that down as a footnote to stop brick wall head butting inducing idiots like myself worrying WTF was going on.
Looks like next close season at the earliest then?, two years after planning permission. I appreciate its not a standard build and there are a lot if issues involved but just wish the club was a bit more forthcoming and not always so vague.

First up, apologies my post wasn't meant as an attack on any individual.

The issue has been widely discussed on dedicated threads - and given it's significance to the club, I'd assumed that if people having a passing interest in the development of the club then maybe those threads would've been read and the information sought rather than constantly knocking the club by shooting their mouth, with only limited knowledge...

Having said that, please find the complete list of planning conditions that were attached to the planning permission here: http://www.idoxwam1.lbhf.gov.uk/WAM/doc/Planning%20Apps%20%7C%20Decision%20Notice-1084555.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=1084555&location=VOLUME1&contentType=application/pdf&pageCount=1&appid=1001

As you can see, there are lot of complex issues that the Council has to sign off, following submission of further details by the club/consultants, before work can begin.  A few of these have been cleared already, a quick search on the Council website can tell you which

Fulham76

As a another similar sized club in our borough I'm very interested in what they're doing.I don't know why you think its never going to happen, I think its got every chance that it will. The Mittals and Fernandes have been eyeing this up for a year and according to a Rangers mate who has some good connections ,its nailed on.
Personally hope it doesn't, we may laugh at them in a 40,000 seat stadium but its going to accessible from nearly everywhere. Not sure why a lot of our fans are indifferent to them when they're a far bigger threat support wise than Chelsea are.
[/quote]

Yeah good for you.
Also, envy & the ha ha's in the same sentence??? Thy did make me laugh as well as being one of the most stupid comments I've ever seen on here! Even their fans are probably embarrassed & ashamed of their joke of a club.

Fulham76

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 30, 2013, 10:01:44 AM

Fingers crossed  :yay:
[/quote]

Mine certainly are.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 30, 2013, 04:46:40 PM

Yeah good for you.
Also, envy & the ha ha's in the same sentence??? Thy did make me laugh as well as being one of the most stupid comments I've ever seen on here! Even their fans are probably embarrassed & ashamed of their joke of a club.
[/quote]

Stupid comment ? We'll see how stupid it is in a few years time.
Knows loads of the people, they're annoyingly upbeat at the moment.

** Swearing

DJinNJ

Yeah good for you.
[/quote]

Agree, it does seem bizarre. Regardless of your opinion of the nascent Khan era, what has QPR done that we would be envious of? I believe we have spent more than them (or if they have spent more to bring in the likes of Karl Henry and Richard Dunne, they are still getting their pants pulled down, to borrow a phrase), we've held on to our best players while they are forced to sell or loan theirs in order to reduce the wage bill, and we beat them in a two horse race for Parker. Obviously they splashed a little more cash than we did when they were in the PL, but where did that get them? And as for our bargain basement signings, let's see how they perform rather than pre-judging them based on what we paid. I don't think I need to list the examples of inexpensive players that have done well for us, nor the expensive players who haven't lived up to the expectations placed on them.

As for the stadium, that is one area where I would think a Fulham fan would not be envious of any club. I doubt many of us are envious of QPR potentially moving to a modern 40,000 seat concert venue. If you're envious of the appearance that QPR are moving forward on their stadium plans while we apparently aren't, we should recognize that we are working off just that, appearances. Today's "news" is that QPR are interested in this site, which is a good deal less advanced than our progress with the Riverside stand.

DJinNJ

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 30, 2013, 05:50:33 PM

Yeah good for you.

** Swearing
[/quote]

Weren't they upbeat at this time last year? Just sayin'.

Fulham76

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on August 30, 2013, 05:50:33 PM

Yeah good for you.

** Swearing
[/quote]

Another stupid comment! The 'few years time' you mention is 13 years away, and that's without any delays, which there no doubt will be. I'd much rather be in our position thank you i.e. at our home, debt free, sold out week in week out, planning for a bigger stadium is already approved.
So much can happen before their super new stadium is anywhere near ready & like us, plenty will happen before it actually happens, if at all.
In terms of them being upbeat, no real surprise they've gone from being everyone's whipping boys to winning 2 games. Well done them.

Buffalo76

Those anal worts are just talk. Just like last season , though thankfully what they went on to achieve made the rest of the footballing world very very happy. A new season and yet they still haven't learnt their lesson. Twitchy baggy eyes is chief of crap in particular. I find it astonishing how they can go on about a 40, 000 seater stadium when they have such small support. That dump they call home now is never full as it is. Joke. Embarrassment. Peasants. How they must dream of the home we have and it's unique location. Never to be bettered  049:gif

Banstead White

Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 30, 2013, 06:45:49 PM
Those anal worts are just talk. Just like last season , though thankfully what they went on to achieve made the rest of the footballing world very very happy. A new season and yet they still haven't learnt their lesson. Twitchy baggy eyes is chief of crap in particular. I find it astonishing how they can go on about a 40, 000 seater stadium when they have such small support. That dump they call home now is never full as it is. Joke. Embarrassment. Peasants. How they must dream of the home we have and it's unique location. Never to be bettered  049:gif

:plus one:
Roysie

Fulham76

Quote from: Banstead White on August 30, 2013, 08:09:45 PM
Quote from: Buffalo76 on August 30, 2013, 06:45:49 PM

:plus one:

:plus one: X 2

HillingdonFFC

What's this, all have a pop at me day? And there's me thinking it was supposed to be bit more civil than TIFF on here?
Envy probably wasn't the right word, wouldn't want anything they have or they're planning. I do feel though that they have some exciting years ahead while we seem to have stood still. A lot of Fulham fans I know seem a bit down at the moment, there's been a big fall in season ticket sales, I have to say in all the years I've watched Fulham I've rarely felt so unenthusiastic, why ? I'm not sure.