watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is this the year too many for Berbatov?

Started by sipwell, August 31, 2013, 04:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

He has had a great career and he was very important last season. This season, his passing is lousy, his attitude is even more faulty and he hardly is a threat to the goalkeeper. Question then is: is this the year too many? Should he have hung up his boots at the end of last season?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

SmithyFFC

He has been a complete and utter embrassment this afternoon thats for sure.
FTID

DevonFFC

Logicalman

If MJ would grow a pair, perhaps he would then drop Barbie for a game, or at least sub him off one game, and see if Barbie walks or not.
His attitude is so very poor, unprofessional, gives no more than 20% in ANY game, his passing has been getting as bad as his attitude, and its affecting the rest of the team.

JOL - DROP HIM NOW !!

..Kya.ffc..

Love when he is good, and can be absolutely insanely good but he should not play for us. Sell him and lets get our 5m back and buy someone we really need. If we are so tight in our budget then the Money we can make from him wil do us more good in other transfers.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: sipwell on August 31, 2013, 04:36:10 PM
He has had a great career and he was very important last season. This season, his passing is lousy, his attitude is even more faulty and he hardly is a threat to the goalkeeper. Question then is: is this the year too many? Should he have hung up his boots at the end of last season?

No, he's still up to it he just needs to be reminded that he is being paid to play. Drop him next week to take him down a peg, he should know he has to earn his place like everyone else.

fulhamben

evidence suggests yes, although i hope he proves me wrong.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deanothefulhamfan

Drop him but keep him..... he has been so so so bad the past two games

Jamie88

This is the problem - he was such a big signing at the time, and Jol acknowledged this by calling him 'the greatest signing in Fulham's history', so the man will never drop him, no matter how crap he plays. Similar to Ruiz, who of course cost us so much he feels he cant drop him (except for finally doing so the first couple of weeks this season)

fulhamtom

Georgie BEST was the greatest signing in our history, I'm not old enough for the Maestro

Count Berbatov

This isn't the year. But he needs a kick in the butt. That's for sure.
Sir Alex would never have tolerated that
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Big Martin Jol

I don't think his brand of attacking football is so vulnerable to age, but I do think we need to let him know that if he isn't interested then we're not either.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Berserker

I don't think he want's to play for Fulham
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Berserker on August 31, 2013, 07:55:47 PM
He always looks like that, no matter which team he plays for. But it only looks like it. Not what he actually feels like. But then, there's those moments of brilliance and it's all forgotten and forgiven..
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Berserker

I hope your right Count. I really want him to want to be part of our team and play with enthusiasm again. I do feel he is put out about something at the moment

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 31, 2013, 09:43:22 PM
Quote from: Berserker on August 31, 2013, 07:55:47 PM
He always looks like that, no matter which team he plays for. But it only looks like it. Not what he actually feels like. But then, there's those moments of brilliance and it's all forgotten and forgiven..

He doesn't look quite as up for it as this time last year though. I thought he was today when he was getting involved at the beginning of the game, but he gave up a little easily. I think he's just out of form right now, but we need to get him going one way or another.

Count Berbatov

Does anyone know where he was and what was he doing midweek? He didn't play, so might have gone home. I hate those kind of trips. They exhaust me more than anything. Especially spending more time with my 9 month old and his sister, if on my own at least. Anyways, just a speculation on my part. But Berbs indeed played poorly. Hope it's just one of those days

Berserker

Also i did wonder how the mid week match  effected everybody today, they did play extra time and it proved a harder match than was expected.

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jimpav

Berbatov is becoming a cancer, eating away at our club.

He has Jol under his thumb and his match day attitude determines the performance of the rest if the team.

I could tolerate his ego when he was performing but he has not been at the races this season. It's one thing having a bad day at the office but its something else altogether when you show no interest or desire to perform.

I do not know I today's performance was designed to engineer a last minute move or a protest at  playing in another position but it can not happen again.

Fulham has never been a club that is able to carry excess baggage. All our recent success has been built around everyone giving their all. Berbatov doesn't fit this mould and should start showing a bit more respect to those that pay his obscene wages.

HatterDon

Quote from: sipwell on August 31, 2013, 04:36:10 PM

Yes, the entirety of 2013 is a year too far for Berbatov. We have sucked canal water on the pitch since last Christmas and the major reasons for it are Berbatov's play and Jol's inability to get him to play a more team-oriented game.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel