Roberto Mancini
9 (6.4%)
Gianluca Vialli
1 (0.7%)
Keep Martin Jol
19 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Count Berbatov

Di Mateo.. I don't know. At this point it seems like anyone else is a better option
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

David Allen Crankshaw

There is absolutely no-one on that list who would be an improvement on Martin Jol. Both Roberto and Roberto were sacked last season as being deemed unsuccessful at clubs where they spent shedloads of money. We have in theory two quite winnable home games coming up. Let's wait and see what happens with those fixtures.

Roberty

Quote from: Count Berbatov on August 31, 2013, 09:36:27 PM
Di Mateo.. I don't know. At this point it seems like anyone else is a better option

If you mean any one other than Di Matteo - we have any one else already
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Markffc123

i say lets wait for jol to be sacked first before already replacing him-also i can see ranieri being a great choice for fulham

Berserker

Don't think Di Matteo would be any better. As said on another thread at Chelsea he inherited AVB's squad, plus  i felt Chelsea during his tenure was more or less ruled by the senior players, who i felt hounded AVB out. Therefore the cup win wasn't all down to him.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

HatterDon

Di Matteo. For those who say, "There's nobody to replace Jol," how about a guy who won the Champions League as a manager?

There's several others that would be an upgrade.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Rhys Lightning 63

I made my choice, but I don't want that choice until 2015 MINIMUM.

Keep the faith
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Logicalman

How many of these will actually be WILLING to come to the Cottage?

We can all dream of who we want, I want Woy back, or perhaps Mourinho, mebbe Fergie will come out of retirement, we could definitely do with him. I know, how about Tigana, now that MaF has gone, perhaps he'll reconsider, you think?

the nutflush

Hiddink!!!!!!!!!!!  Hands on at training.  The players will never train harder in their lives but it will burned into their brains.    He will get the maximum out of this squad and nurtures young talent.  

simplyfulham

Where's the option to keep Jol over all of these jokers...

Logicalman

Quote from: the nutflush on August 31, 2013, 11:29:08 PM
Hiddink!!!!!!!!!!!  Hands on at training.  The players will never train harder in their lives but it will burned into their brains.    He will get the maximum out of this squad and nurtures young talent.  

He'd be a step up, but doesn't he live in Belgium?

valdeingruo

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

RidgeRider

Di Matteo would be a step-up, as would Hiddink.

Jol, now in his third season, and now with HIS players, has HIS side playing as poor as any side he has managed at Fulham.

He actually did a better job with Hodgson's players, than he has with his own. I can't figure out for the life of me how that is possible, or can even be explained away.

Hodgson had a lb, rb, dm, and cm that all ended up in the Championship after he left. Two strikers that had sat on the benches of two middle table teams and both are now playing in the Championship. A CB that almost no one outside of Norway had heard of before, another that had been salvaged from the bench of another mid table team, a creative winger that falls down all the time, doesn't know how to play football and came from the MLS and a right winger that was on the backside of the bell curve who had seen some high level football in the past but it had been a couple of years since that time and an aging keeper that was knocking on the door 40.

Now we have a bunch of talented players, many internationals and we are easier to beat than any team we've seen in the past 4 seasons.

HatterDon

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 31, 2013, 11:49:54 PM
Where's the option to keep Jol over all of these jokers...

Well, unless you think the end of the world will happen before Martin Jol dies, SOMEBODY has to replace him. If he replaces himself, then he hasn't really left, has he?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Roberty

Quote from: HatterDon on August 31, 2013, 11:17:02 PM
Di Matteo. For those who say, "There's nobody to replace Jol," how about a guy who won the Champions League as a manager?

There's several others that would be an upgrade.

He only got the job in March so it was the players won the Champions League.

When he had a free hand the following season he got fired, just the same as he did at West Brom.

What a smart move it would be to appoint him
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

General

Why's everyone missing hiddink? He or Mancini and van basten are the best choices.

Wimbledon_White

Oakeshott

"He [Jol] actually did a better job with Hodgson's players, than he has with his own. I can't figure out for the life of me how that is possible, or can even be explained away."

I think that is easy to explain. Under Roy, the players were drilled into a style and, if one remembers, there was some suggestion that the players found the repetition in training boring and indeed that his inability to play to the role Roy required was the explanation for the transfer of Jimmy Bullard.

After a while, it became clear that Roy's approach paid off, and by the time he left he left behind a well drilled and well motivated squad - who in his last game were very far from disgraced in the final of the Europa competition.

Most of that stayed intact under Hughes, who made the excellent addition of Dembele.

So Jol inherited a decent, well drilled and well motivated squad. Whatever changes he tried to make in the style of play, in the early part of his period with us the old disciplined manner still applied much of the time. But over time, as he changed the squad, that disappeared, he added too many non 100% effort players, and the result is the steady deterioration we've seen and, I fear, we will continue to see. He has no clear sense of how he wants the team to play, I doubt he has a sense of his best team, and by fielding one or two non 100% effort players every game, we are easy to beat.

Last season we got away with it by the skin of our teeth. Berbatov may be a slacker much of the time but he can finish, and we were lucky to be playing Spurs when we did, as they suffered, as we had two previous seasons ago, from having to play the Thursday Europa games. The deterioration plainly continues, though, and but for an essentially lucky win at Sunderland we would already be right down the bottom of the Premiership.

Sadly, as regards our manager, the conclusion has long been clear and we can safely use the same phrase as John Redwood did when challenging the plainly hopeless and eventually soundly beaten John Major: "no change, no chance".

grandad

The time to come up with a list of possible new managers is when Jol decides to resign due to the board telling him who to sign on the cheap or on a free or an aged out of contract player instead of the players he really wants.
Any "new" manager will be faced with the same restraints & only those just coming for a fat wad would entertain coming.
Be careful what you wish for.
Anyway we are only one point off 6th.
Where there's a will there's a wife

EJL

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on August 31, 2013, 11:21:23 PM
I made my choice, but I don't want that choice until 2015 MINIMUM.

Keep the faith
Rhys Lightning's slogan: "Keep the faith... and boo your own players, mainly Taarabt"