9 (6.4%)
Gianluca Vialli
1 (0.7%)
Keep Martin Jol
19 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 129

Roberty

Quote from: Oakeshott on September 01, 2013, 09:02:36 AM
"He [Jol] actually did a better job with Hodgson's players, than he has with his own. I can't figure out for the life of me how that is possible, or can even be explained away."

I think that is easy to explain. Under Roy, the players were drilled into a style and, if one remembers, there was some suggestion that the players found the repetition in training boring and indeed that his inability to play to the role Roy required was the explanation for the transfer of Jimmy Bullard.

After a while, it became clear that Roy's approach paid off, and by the time he left he left behind a well drilled and well motivated squad - who in his last game were very far from disgraced in the final of the Europa competition.

Most of that stayed intact under Hughes, who made the excellent addition of Dembele.

So Jol inherited a decent, well drilled and well motivated squad. Whatever changes he tried to make in the style of play, in the early part of his period with us the old disciplined manner still applied much of the time. But over time, as he changed the squad, that disappeared, he added too many non 100% effort players, and the result is the steady deterioration we've seen and, I fear, we will continue to see. He has no clear sense of how he wants the team to play, I doubt he has a sense of his best team, and by fielding one or two non 100% effort players every game, we are easy to beat.

Last season we got away with it by the skin of our teeth. Berbatov may be a slacker much of the time but he can finish, and we were lucky to be playing Spurs when we did, as they suffered, as we had two previous seasons ago, from having to play the Thursday Europa games. The deterioration plainly continues, though, and but for an essentially lucky win at Sunderland we would already be right down the bottom of the Premiership.

Sadly, as regards our manager, the conclusion has long been clear and we can safely use the same phrase as John Redwood did when challenging the plainly hopeless and eventually soundly beaten John Major: "no change, no chance".

Zzzz - the team that Roy left were old by the time that Jol took over and after getting Dembele into the right position (which Huges failed to do) he left for more money and fame at the start of last season.

As for changing the team - there has been no money spent for the last 18 months - given the players we have what sort of hand are you expecting a new man to deal for you?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamking

MARCELO BIELSA. You lads want to play in Europe? Give this guy a call...

fulhamben

there is a lot of crap on that list. why do so many teams regurgitate so many failed managers
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Quote from: KCat on August 31, 2013, 08:52:45 PM
This is madness ................. Kahn will not get rid of him until the end of the season, he said as much in his many interviews
he is not going to change anything in the short term

So man up and put up because this stuff will not help the team or your sanity.

If we are bottom of the table come Christmas then our chairman may take a different view.

Jol is Fulham manager, he wears the track suit

filham

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 01, 2013, 01:40:30 AM
Di Matteo would be a step-up, as would Hiddink.

Jol, now in his third season, and now with HIS players, has HIS side playing as poor as any side he has managed at Fulham.

He actually did a better job with Hodgson's players, than he has with his own. I can't figure out for the life of me how that is possible, or can even be explained away.

Hodgson had a lb, rb, dm, and cm that all ended up in the Championship after he left. Two strikers that had sat on the benches of two middle table teams and both are now playing in the Championship. A CB that almost no one outside of Norway had heard of before, another that had been salvaged from the bench of another mid table team, a creative winger that falls down all the time, doesn't know how to play football and came from the MLS and a right winger that was on the backside of the bell curve who had seen some high level football in the past but it had been a couple of years since that time and an aging keeper that was knocking on the door 40.

Now we have a bunch of talented players, many internationals and we are easier to beat than any team we've seen in the past 4 seasons.

As time passes Roy looks better and better, wish he was still with us.

filham

Oakeshott

Why would anyone allow Jol to spend significant money after the money spent, and largely wasted, on Ruiz and Kasami?

jarv

Any of the above. Even Keegan as interim manager.  Lee Clarke, Nigel Clough, anyone, anyone but this dutch idiot.

Northern Cottager

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on August 31, 2013, 11:17:02 PM
Di Matteo. For those who say, "There's nobody to replace Jol," how about a guy who won the Champions League as a manager?

There's several others that would be an upgrade.

Well HD, he set his team up to totally defend, not actually sure they made too many ventures into bayerns half, how exciting is that, then of course went on to win a penalty shoot out.

If i remember last week Fulham won a penalty shoot out and were then crucified by people on here.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Equalizer

My mate Cheggers keeps bandying around the name Thomas Tuchel from Mainz. Looks like a very good manager, likes the technical aspects of football and seems to get results with his scientific approach.

Could be worth a punt if we could tease him away from Mainz.

http://bundesligafootball.co.uk/2012/07/what-now-for-thomas-tuchel/
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

fulhamben

lol, why on gods earth would 3 people pick oneil. bloke spends loads of money and achieves nothing where ever he goes. houlier is one more job away from a fatal heart attack, keane is just useless i could go on.

Sammyffc

haha nothing beats a good poll. some very good suggestions . if hiddink come , just for his training we would click. his insane. would cost us a fortune though . i LOVE FULHAM

Roberty

Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2013, 02:20:55 PM
lol, why on gods earth would 3 people pick oneil. bloke spends loads of money and achieves nothing where ever he goes. houlier is one more job away from a fatal heart attack, keane is just useless i could go on.

The simple answer is - because they were given the choice.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

fulhamben

Quote from: Roberty on September 01, 2013, 03:23:34 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 01, 2013, 02:20:55 PM

The simple answer is - because they were given the choice.

so given a choice you would pick a tried and failed manager. thats why it made me laugh.

Sammyffc

im actually shocked the amount of votes gus poyet has got . very interesting. considering there are alot of managers with prem experience

Matt Inglis

I checked Gus Poyet but would be equally happy to see RdM come in. Not sure why Hiddink is an option.
My first choice would be Jol delivering some quality performances and staying, though.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.