watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am truly shocked

Started by Peabody, September 02, 2013, 09:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

In an earlier thread someone posted that they would not mind if Fulham lost against West Brom, if it speeded up MJs departure. Presumably, a few more of you share that opinion?

I am sorry but I never ever want us to lose and I find the justification of getting somebody the sack as sad, very sad. There is no denying that all is not well with Fulham and obviously, the jury is well and truly out for Martin Jol but seriously, wanting your own team to lose because you are not happy with the manager, is a step to far. I presume that if WBA score you stand and cheer?

PokerMatt

I can't imagine many people - if any at all in fact - will be supporting west brom.

At least I hope no-one does. As much as I couldn't stand lawrie Sanchez or the no midfield football he had us playing I wanted us to win every game under him. I'm sure near enough 100% of fans feel the same. Surely?

I do now want Jol to leave, but I mote want to be proven wrong and for us to win 10 in a row.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Deanothefulhamfan

I am fully in the Jol out brigade, but I would never ever cheer on us to lose.....  The only reason I would be content us losing a game, would be if it was the last game of the season, we couldnt statistically move in the league and we were playing against a QPR / Chelsea rival and us losing helped them go down / not winning the league etc

Roberty

It is as unacceptable as it is for people to boo our players when they come onto the pitch.

Someone on this board even owned up to booing Taarabt when he came on as a sub in the Palma game and went on to congratulate others in his part of the Hammersmith End who had done the same.

A loyal follower of Fulham? Maybe not.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

MasterHaynes

Lose? I want every point we can get, whoever is manager. Fulham have never dumped managers quickly - Take Sanchez for example, even he had nearly a year. Lets hope we get to 40points as quickly as possible and secure our future. There are no guarantees whoever is manager.

Peabody

I disagree, of course they are true Fulham Fans but hoping we lose is not acceptable.

Berserker

I never want us to lose, I get very depressed if we do. I know this is unreasonable but I've usually got over it by a days time and gained more perspective e.g. yesterday afternoon instead of worrying about Fulham FC started to worry about why had my broad beans turned black while I was on hols!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

The Equalizer

I think there were similar arguments either last season or the season before by people saying that they would be happy for us to lose a game if it meant QPR going down.

A ridiculous perspective if you ask me.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Twig

I am now of the view that on balance we would be better with a new manager (although I appreciate that the timing is not good).  However absolutely no way would I ever want anything other than a Fulham win.  Neither, at this stage, do I blame the players for our performances - many performed well for parts of last year.  I just think Jol is failing to get the best from a decent squad.

nose

not me, I want to replace the manager but i would rather win a few games and hope for improvement withoiut need for change. I always want to win the next game no matter what!

Burt

I have never wanted the team to go out and lose... Even in the darkest days under our worst managers.

jarv

WBA is a MUST WIN. If we can't win that one, who can Fulham beat?

leonffc

I'm in he Jol out camp BUT I would rather he proved me wrong and turned our performances around, played a Dutch 'Shexy football shtyle' and earned his right to stay.
Unfortunately, after two years I can't see it changing but ill be cheering his team on against WBA

HatterDon

I'm afraid I'm the old fashioned type. I want my team to win EVERY game. I want my team to plan to win every game and do their best to win every game in every competition. The only exception is pre-season matches when I just want the players to perform well and avoid injury.

I don't understand any other reaction from a "supporter," yet I see people on here saying that sort of thing once in a while, and I've seen other folks say they're betting on Fulham to lose or draw. Strange, but it takes all kinds.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Denver Fulham

I would never actively root for Fulham to lose (unless it got QPR relegated for fun).

That said, if we *knew* Jol would be fired and a capable replacement was lined up should he lose at home to a bad WBA side, there's ample reason to think the club would be better off for it.

I'd imagine everyone's preference would be Jol to magically figure things out and rip off a run of wins, but that's probably not going to happen. Sometimes, you have to be a little ruthless. QPR waited 11 matches last season to get rid of Hughes, they had four points, and never recovered.

epsomraver

Quote from: Peabody on September 02, 2013, 09:09:43 AM
In an earlier thread someone posted that they would not mind if Fulham lost against West Brom, if it speeded up MJs departure. Presumably, a few more of you share that opinion?

I am sorry but I never ever want us to lose and I find the justification of getting somebody the sack as sad, very sad. There is no denying that all is not well with Fulham and obviously, the jury is well and truly out for Martin Jol but seriously, wanting your own team to lose because you are not happy with the manager, is a step to far. I presume that if WBA score you stand and cheer?

What about when Mo gave Sanchez one game to turn things around ?Sorry but if a loss to WBA hastens Jol's departure then so be it, it is for the greater good, if we scrape a narrow boring win as at Sunderland , it will prelong the agony, sooner we are in the drop zone quicker Mr Khan will act, saying that does not make me any less a supporter than any body else .I am thinking of my club and the way Jol has dragged it down.

Peabody

Not suggesting that you are any less of a supporter Epsom, we both look at it differently but I cannot understand any fan wanting our team to lose

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on September 02, 2013, 03:12:32 PM
Quote from: Peabody on September 02, 2013, 09:09:43 AM

What about when Mo gave Sanchez one game to turn things around ?Sorry but if a loss to WBA hastens Jol's departure then so be it, it is for the greater good, if we scrape a narrow boring win as at Sunderland , it will prelong the agony, sooner we are in the drop zone quicker Mr Khan will act, saying that does not make me any less a supporter than any body else .I am thinking of my club and the way Jol has dragged it down.

Then again, giving someone one match to turn things around is not quite the same as saying one would want us to lose (or throw a game perhaps?) to get someone fired. The first is giving a person a chance (even to hang himself) the other is throwing someone under a bus.

ToodlesMcToot

Can't imagine ever wanting a team that I support to lose no matter what good it might instigate. I can see the logic of it, but couldn't bring myself to do so.

I really do hope that if a change does become required at some point during the season, or after it, that all who've had a hand in building this squad  will be judged. IMO, this roster is on dangerously thin ice the way that it has been built. Very unhealthy having such a gap in age between the first team and the youngsters IMO.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Forever Fulham

Liverpool without Suarez eked out a win against ManU.  OK, it was a home game, but still...  So I don't think a loss to West Brom this early is the kiss of death, that it portends of relegation.   The team is still finding its way, incorporating the new players, the feeling out process.  Jol HAS to make tactical changes, and I believe he will.  I would never desire to see the team lose any game, but good can come from a loss.  It could force accelerated changes.