https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am truly shocked

Started by Peabody, September 02, 2013, 09:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Quote from: epsomraver on September 02, 2013, 03:12:32 PM
Quote from: Peabody on September 02, 2013, 09:09:43 AM
In an earlier thread someone posted that they would not mind if Fulham lost against West Brom, if it speeded up MJs departure. Presumably, a few more of you share that opinion?

I am sorry but I never ever want us to lose and I find the justification of getting somebody the sack as sad, very sad. There is no denying that all is not well with Fulham and obviously, the jury is well and truly out for Martin Jol but seriously, wanting your own team to lose because you are not happy with the manager, is a step to far. I presume that if WBA score you stand and cheer?

What about when Mo gave Sanchez one game to turn things around ?Sorry but if a loss to WBA hastens Jol's departure then so be it, it is for the greater good, if we scrape a narrow boring win as at Sunderland , it will prelong the agony, sooner we are in the drop zone quicker Mr Khan will act, saying that does not make me any less a supporter than any body else .I am thinking of my club and the way Jol has dragged it down.

So if we beat WBA that will stun you into silence on the subject?

Strange that someone who sees Fulham as MY CLUB would want us to lose and end up in the drop zone, but then it takes all sorts.

It might not have been pretty but have you forgotten that it is points that count at the end of the season.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Shredhead

I never want us to lose and, like Bezerker, get grumpy when we do.
I'm still not convinced by Jol, but thinks he needs more time to integrate the new signings and prove he can motivate Berbs - and be prepared to sub or drop him if he plays badly.
My football-loving mates reckon we'll be ok.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

epsomraver

Quote from: Roberty on September 03, 2013, 07:45:12 AM
In an earlier thread someone posted that they would not mind if Fulham lost against West Brom, if it speeded up MJs departure. Presumably, a few more of you share that opinion?

I am sorry but I never ever want us to lose and I find the justification of getting somebody the sack as sad, very sad. There is no denying that all is not well with Fulham and obviously, the jury is well and truly out for Martin Jol but seriously, wanting your own team to lose because you are not happy with the manager, is a step to far. I presume that if WBA score you stand and cheer?

What about when Mo gave Sanchez one game to turn things around ?Sorry but if a loss to WBA hastens Jol's departure then so be it, it is for the greater good, if we scrape a narrow boring win as at Sunderland , it will prelong the agony, sooner we are in the drop zone quicker Mr Khan will act, saying that does not make me any less a supporter than any body else .I am thinking of my club and the way Jol has dragged it down.

Strange that someone who sees Fulham as MY CLUB would want us to loose and end up in the drop zone, but then it takes all sorts.

It might not have been pretty but have you forgotten that it is points that count at the end of the season.

If you are happy to watch the team play this boring negative football, fine , good for you.As you keep on repeating , it is the results that count, that is why no body wanted to watch Stoke, Bolton and the like play. I go to football to be entertained not bored rigid with three shots on goal in 90 minutes. The word is lose by the way.

leonffc

Quote from: Shredhead on September 03, 2013, 08:18:33 AM

So do mine but they haven't had to sit through what we have, particularly the back end of last season.

Roberty

Quote from: epsomraver on September 03, 2013, 08:22:03 AM
Quote from: Roberty on September 03, 2013, 07:45:12 AM

Strange that someone who sees Fulham as MY CLUB would want us to loose and end up in the drop zone, but then it takes all sorts.

If you are happy to watch the team play this boring negative football, fine , good for you.As you keep on repeating , it is the results that count, that is why no body wanted to watch Stoke, Bolton and the like play. I go to football to be entertained not bored rigid with three shots on goal in 90 minutes. The word is lose by the way.

I would prefer that to watching them play in the Championship next season, which is what will happen if we do not get enough points.

Watching Fulham is full of drama and tragedy!

If I want to be entertained and have a good laugh I go down river to the Tattershall Castle.

epsomraver

Good for you, you are obviously easily pleased then.

Roberty

I am not perverse enough to want the club to lose two games to satisfy my lust for seeing Jol's head on a stake.

I believe Jol has to stay - it would be plain daft to change managers at this point in the season.

If they are going to make a change it has to be when there is a transfer window coming up and of course a new man would have to be given funds to make changes.

This latter point probably makes him fire-proof if it looks as though we will get enough points to stay up.

TonyGilroy

I have no problem understanding that people feel that Jol's management is failing and that we'd be better off replacing him. I'm not sure but leaning that way.

What I don't understand is the hatred of Jol. I'd love him to turn things round.

BarryP

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 03, 2013, 09:11:53 AM

I have no problem understanding that people feel that Jol's management is failing and that we'd be better off replacing him. I'm not sure but leaning that way.

What I don't understand is the hatred of Jol. I'd love him to turn things round.

You're spot on Tony.  I would love for Jol to turn things around and deliver the kind of sweeping football he has talked about in the press.  Sadly, at the moment I just can't see it happening.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

justinfromga

Quote from: Roberty on September 03, 2013, 09:03:29 AM
I am not perverse enough to want the club to lose two games to satisfy my lust for seeing Jol's head on a stake.

I believe Jol has to stay - it would be plain daft to change managers at this point in the season.

If they are going to make a change it has to be when there is a transfer window coming up and of course a new man would have to be given funds to make changes.

This latter point probably makes him fire-proof if it looks as though we will get enough points to stay up.

This.  When has a club fired their manager right after the window?  The earliest we are going to see a move made to sack Martin Jol will be December.  That's just the way things are done by and large.  In the time between now and then it's foolish to not want Fulham to grab as many points as possible.

What I would much prefer is for the people behind the scenes to have the stones to recognize that even though the results on the pitch may swing in our favor, Martin Jol's current management style and his inability to make either effective pre-game or in-game changes is a non sustainable method towards success.  In the long run we will be better off with a new manager.

Peabody

Yes, the absolute hatred is very hard to fathom. Especially as none of us actually know the man.

Shredhead

Quote from: leonffc on September 03, 2013, 08:24:20 AM
Quote from: Shredhead on September 03, 2013, 08:18:33 AM

So do mine but they haven't had to sit through what we have, particularly the back end of last season.
True, true
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Daxidebs

Quote from: Berserker on September 02, 2013, 10:05:38 AM
I never want us to lose, I get very depressed if we do. I know this is unreasonable but I've usually got over it by a days time and gained more perspective e.g. yesterday afternoon instead of worrying about Fulham FC started to worry about why had my broad beans turned black while I was on hols!
You got broad beans in already??

Fernhurst

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2013, 12:15:55 PM
I have never wanted the team to go out and lose... Even in the darkest days under our worst managers.

Me neither Mr Burt...... And we have experienced far worst times than where we are as of today.  COYW
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Berserker

Quote from: Daxidebs on September 05, 2013, 10:54:52 PM
Quote from: Berserker on September 02, 2013, 10:05:38 AM
I never want us to lose, I get very depressed if we do. I know this is unreasonable but I've usually got over it by a days time and gained more perspective e.g. yesterday afternoon instead of worrying about Fulham FC started to worry about why had my broad beans turned black while I was on hols!
You got broad beans in already??

Oh it beans from my spring sowing. Haven't done my autumn sowing yet
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

kendeh

I support Fulham and understand the meaning of the word, I also support Martin Jol and after a run of games I am sure he will get it right. Three games into a new season and trying to integrate new players into the team takes time. Some so called supporters dont have a clue.

epsomraver

Quote from: kendeh on September 06, 2013, 09:02:49 AM
I support Fulham and understand the meaning of the word, I also support Martin Jol and after a run of games I am sure he will get it right. Three games into a new season and trying to integrate new players into the team takes time. Some so called supporters dont have a clue.

It is NOT three games, we played the same boring lack lustre football for most of last season as well, were you at Loftus Road? Don't come out with this "so called supporters " crap just because we want a manager who is ruining this club out.

MJG

Its not only results that will dictate him leaving, but I believe performances as well.
If we continue to bumble along with the way we are playing even picking up pts here and there he will find it hard.

Like most I have never wanted us to lose, but likewise I have been around long enough to know when we have a manager who should go, and this is that time now.

Peabody

Quote from: epsomraver on September 06, 2013, 11:34:57 AM

It is NOT three games, we played the same boring lack lustre football for most of last season as well, were you at Loftus Road? Don't come out with this "so called supporters " crap just because we want a manager who is ruining this club out.

I fully respect that Epsom but to want our team to lose because that may get MJ the sack, is not good. Just one question, will you cheer every opposition goal?

TonyGilroy

Quote from: epsomraver on September 06, 2013, 11:34:57 AM

The Loftus Road "performance" was appaling. It wasn't boring - it was inept+.

It wasn't though typical and it simply isn't right to cite that as proof of Jol's dreadfulness.

What is different from last season is the addition of a significant number of players who ought to do well with us. Whether they do or not may well depend on Jol but it's way to early to judge their effectiveness.