watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Bale

Started by Jimpav, September 02, 2013, 02:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Apparently he kissed the badge during his presentation.

Don't get me wrong - I would kiss more than a badge for £300k a week - but isn't that a bit premature even for this superficial day and age?

HatterDon

The only thing that tops that was Robby Keane signing with the MLS. "It's always been my dream to play in the United States."

preceded by:

IABMDTP for Liverpool, Celtic, Ireland ... etc. etc.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

sipwell

No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Jimpav

Quote from: HatterDon on September 02, 2013, 03:05:02 PM
The only thing that tops that was Robby Keane signing with the MLS. "It's always been my dream to play in the United States."

preceded by:

IABMDTP for Liverpool, Celtic, Ireland ... etc. etc.

Now that is true.

Hang on - we have a 30 something ex Spurs player that is past his best - this could be the singing that turns our season around!

Burt

King_Crud

Quote from: Burt on September 02, 2013, 04:27:17 PM
Amazing how many people turn out for these things.

that's why the Spanish economy is down the tube, everyone hangs out in football stadiums instead of doing work

General

In fairness bale has supported real since he was a kid and is the first welsh player to ever play for the club

Burt

Quote from: General on September 02, 2013, 04:37:01 PM
In fairness bale has supported real since he was a kid and is the first welsh player to ever play for the club

I was about to say Toshack, but I suspect he was only a manager there rather than a player!

Jimpav

No pressure then...!

Gareth Bale Official Presentation At Real Madrid ● Gareth Bale FULL PRESENTATION in Real Madrid HD

I like the way that Spanish clubs have thousands turn out to see the new player unveiled, where as in the UK we have bunch of moronic teenage oiks, gathered round a flustered sky sports correspondent, trying their hardest to get their spotty faces on TV.

Ruiz11

Players who kiss the badge are often criticised for leaving the club whose badge they kissed recently to move to a bigger club and gain higher wages. I think it's safe to say that there are no bigger clubs than Madrid who could offer Bale more cash

BobbyTheBrain

300 grand a week is truly a revolting amount and I do think it's all gone a bit too far now.
It's not fair to flair.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: BobbyTheBrain on September 03, 2013, 12:33:24 AM
300 grand a week is truly a revolting amount and I do think it's all gone a bit too far now.

But if he almost single handedly, or at least helps, generate that level of income for Real why should he not benefit?

If him not getting paid that much meant that the supporters got to pay less money for tickets or shirts then fair enough, but I'd much rather the player (the product that generates the income) receive more instead of the corporation.

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: King_Crud on September 02, 2013, 04:33:54 PM

that's why the Spanish economy is down the tube, everyone hangs out in football stadiums instead of doing work

You sir, have just won the internet with that comment
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Forever Fulham

This was a pure ego play by Real's owner.  No player is worth that much money.  You can get 4 or 5 world class players for what they paid for a player who had one great season.  Just one great season.  I think time will prove this was a huge blunder.

premFlem

Just can't see how bale and ronaldo can work in the same team
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away