watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One less Fulham fan today

Started by Jimpav, September 05, 2013, 10:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

My gran died today after battling cancer for the last year.

Her Uncle managed the club in the 30-40's so she used to go along to matches as a girl. It was when I learnt about this family connection that I started taking an interest in the club and eventually became a full blown supporter.

I would often phone or text her after a game and she would always have an opinion on how we were doing or want to know what the cottage was like these days.

I'm going to miss her but I'm so pleased that she got me into Fulham as now I'll always have that connection. With luck my 2 year old daughter will eventually grow to love the club also and will keep her memory alive.

Burt

Many condolences Mr Jimpav sir, always sad to hear when a member of the Fulham family passes away.

Just out of interest, who was her uncle?

F(f)CUK

Again condolences.

One nice thing though is that each time you go to a game or take family you can recount the connection and remember your Gran.

ScalleysDad

Grans as fans are great. My Nan would have been ripping into this lot.
Our condolences to you and yours.

nevzter

my condolences, jimpav.  all the best going forward.
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Barrie

Sending you my condolences too on your loss.  It sounds like your family enjoys a special connection with our special club.

Lighthouse

All the best and remember the good times.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Oh jimpav, sincere condolances from my family to yours.

God bless Gran ..  Rest in Peace

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Deanothefulhamfan

Sorry to hear about your news.

Condolences to you and your familly

JBH

My thought are with you at this sad time, its nice for you to have the memories you do of your gran because in my honest opinion Grans are and always will be special.

sipwell

My condolences. I hope she had a rich and fulfilling life!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

alfie

Sincere condolences to you and your family
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

WhiteJC

my condolences to you and yours.

LBNo11

...I know how important support is at a time like this. I, like many others have been there before and so do empathise with your sadness as you say goodbye to someone who has been part of your whole life; there is an emptiness at the realisation of not been able to express again what you thought of that person to their face.

But they knew, and they gave their love back in how they guided and advised you throughout your life. The best way to honour and remember them is to keep those values passed on to you, and pass them onto future generations of the family, and smile as you look back at the legacy they have given.

My condolences as one of the Fulham family...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

Thank you for all of the kind words that have been posted by everyone above.

It is a testament to this board that so many of you have taken the time out to offer your condolences.

To answer your question Burt, her uncle was Jack Peart. If any of our more senior members have any recollections of his era then I would love to hear from you.

MOR :

Please accept my most heartfelt sympathies for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

jarv

Condolences for you and family..

Scalley mentioned grans as fans and I could not agree more. I recall going to Glasgow for a Scotland v England game. Afterwards, I went to visit her and much to my surprise (I didn't think she was all that interested) she commented "Scotland's passing was very poor today." made me smile, she was dead right.

Vinnieffc

My thoughts genuinely with you. Treasure the memories from when she was with us.  9739.gif

epsomraver

Sorry to hear your sad news, Grans have a special place to most of us.

BarryP

Condolences to you and,your family Jim.  Treasure the memories and pas them on.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."