watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our new chairman

Started by Finnans Right Peg, September 11, 2013, 08:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

I think our new chairman does not fully believe in Jol yet and that is why we did not spend too much over the summer.I reckon if Jol is here in January we will spend more.

I think he is settling in to his new position to get a feel for everything fulham that's why we loaned Bent and Taarabt with options to buy them if Jol is still there .The only money we spent is on Parker and was only a few million for a proven PL player so that was hardly a risk.

My question is do you Think Jol will be still here next season.Normally when a club is taken over its not long before the manager goes.

I am not saying that Jol should go or should stay that's for a different day

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on September 11, 2013, 08:37:52 PM

I am not saying that Jol should go or should stay that's for a different day

Actually that's for every ten minutes on here and I think you may find there's some support for the notion that maybe, on balance, considering all the pros and cons perhaps he should go.

Holders

The thing is; we can only speculate, we shall never know. That is the fate of mere mortals who merely pay, and follow.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Frankie-Peter Taylor

When Shahid came into Fulham, he said he was going to follow through with the plan in place. This plan assumedly being courtesy of Mohamed Al Fayed, Alistair MacIntosh and Martin Jol, and I believe he's right, if this is true, to stick with the plan. The last thing we needed was unsettlement.

When Shahid will put his business mark on Fulham? I don't know. Before the expansion? By the way, when is that happening? Next summer? This could be the key for Fulham moving forward. An increase in revenue equals an increase in global recognition, which equals better sponsors, which equals an increase in money being able to be spent.

Though I could be wrong, and he may not have faith in Jol. I don't believe this is the case though after his statement of "I will give people the resources, and they will hold accountable for their use of these resources." We have the joint 4th richest majority owner in the Premier League, so I'm fairly certain that £8m/£9m (£7m of that was spent on Stekelenburg and Riether, during the Al Fayed regime) isn't the resources.

Tempest

Because they have money doesn't mean they'll spend money. Look how much the Glaisers drain from Man U. I'd like to know how much Shad is seeking to take out of the club as a percentage of our total income. I've said before on here, to take us to the next level, Europa League on a regular basis may not be financially prudent as the income from that competition could be a lot less than it costs to get us there. As a result, staying in PL could be just our aim.
Live in Falmouth!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Tempest on September 11, 2013, 09:40:07 PM
Because they have money doesn't mean they'll spend money. Look how much the Glaisers drain from Man U. I'd like to know how much Shad is seeking to take out of the club as a percentage of our total income. I've said before on here, to take us to the next level, Europa League on a regular basis may not be financially prudent as the income from that competition could be a lot less than it costs to get us there. As a result, staying in PL could be just our aim.

I honestly believe our next step isn't a form of league position, as you say, it costs a lot for not much, unless you break into the top four which is unlikely for any side outside of Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool.

I believe Fulham's next step is a form of self sustainability. A football club that can run on it's own, making it's own profit and this can come from a bigger ground. It can also come from producing players from the academy, it costs little and can make you a lot of money. See Chris Smalling for like £100k of whatever it was, sold on for £12m. Everton sold Wayne Rooney for £30m, and Ross Barkley's development could see him go for more. The increase in quality in our academy, could see us fare very profitable in next few years.

Another form of profits comes from marketing, which Alistair MacIntosh done very well to increase the image and brand of Manchester City on a global sale. More foreign "support" could equal more sales of merchandise and could lead to foreign countries paying for to advertise and televise Fulham FC.

Tempest

Frankie Peter Taylor, agree with what you say, with regard to income streams and self sustaining - But its the income itself that concerns me, whether we increase by £500,000 income per match or £2,000,000, how much of that extra cash will be taken out of our club. But if Shad is taking out more than he is spending on playing staff/stadium would we still be as happy?

Suspicious of any Chairman, may not be as obvious with their intent as Bulstrode and Clay but the end result is the same, others trying to make huge profits out of our club. At least Mo tried with the finances, made more than a few big signings throughout the leagues we came through and I believe took just £10m out per year, although I may be wrong on that figure and the true state of footballs finances is probably a little murky to even have a real idea!

To be fair, right now just want us to start playing well, entertaining a lot more and if we lose a few 4-3 or 3-2 but win a few more by the same score, we'll probably complain about defending then but at least we'll enjoy the games again.
Live in Falmouth!

HatterDon

I leave it to other billionaires to figure out the plans and motivations of billionaires.

The "it's only been three games" brigade really should chime in here. Jol's been here for 2 seasons plus, but Kahn? Only three games.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel