more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

OK - You Want Jol Out

Started by TonyGilroy, September 16, 2013, 10:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

But who to replace him?

Bear in mind that we can't appoint a manager currently in employment so we choose from the unemployed or the untried.

Who out there is genuinely more likely to succeed than Jol?

A novice no matter how good a player or coach?

Someone who has been sacked presumably because he was found wanting?

Anyone could succeed of course but unless it's a case of anyone but Jol why is a change of management considered likely to improve matters. Jol's players and no chance of changes until January at the earliest.

Anyone appointed now would presumably be given next season as well. Come summer though we have a much wider choice if, by then, it is clear to Khan that Jol should be replaced.

JBH

Pointless post as we don't make decisions for FFC :doh:

Lighthouse

Gus Poyet with Danny Murphy as assistant.

Results may not improve but at least we will learn what a side can do in the final third of the pitch and not run away and defend all the time.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Vincenzo Montella or Guus Hiddink.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

That is the stock reply from the Jol supporter Tony and has been done to death, we will not have a say in who replaces him, there are hundreds of managers around who could be brought in, after all who didn't say "who" when Roy was appointed Adkins would be mine Roberto de M , we missed Roberto Martinez who I am sure would have done a fine job.

sipwell

Quote from: JBH on September 16, 2013, 10:23:48 AM
Pointless post as we don't make decisions for FFC :doh:

So essentially you want to close this board? After all, we have a) no say in what players are bought, b) how the team is set for the game, c) how seats are allocated and d) who our new sponsor should be.

I have however no answer to your question, Tony! Must say I was a fan of Jol but he is slowly moving himself towards the 'Jol Out' crossline...
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

TonyGilroy

Quote from: epsomraver on September 16, 2013, 10:26:24 AM
That is the stock reply from the Jol supporter Tony and has been done to death, we will not have a say in who replaces him, there are hundreds of managers around who could be brought in, after all who didn't say "who" when Roy was appointed Adkins would be mine Roberto de M , we missed Roberto Martinez who I am sure would have done a fine job.

We don't have a say in firing him either but it doesn't stop the constant demands for just that on here. Are we only allowed to be negative - positive solutions above our pay grade presumably. A shame because that's more interesting reading.

Those running the club have to think things through a bit more. Fortunately.

Classic94

Hiddink, Mackay or Di Matteo - granted the first two are a little ambitious. I'd also like to see Murphy given a role in the coaching setup.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Classic94 on September 16, 2013, 10:49:50 AM
Hiddink, Mackay or Di Matteo - granted the first two are a little ambitious. I'd also like to see Murphy given a role in the coaching setup.

Mackay? Bloody hell, I thought we had shot of him in 1994!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Craven Mad

I'm keen to see the board continue with Jol. But IF he does get the boot, Di Matteo with Murphy would be my dream pairing.

Classic94

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 16, 2013, 10:50:46 AM
Quote from: Classic94 on September 16, 2013, 10:49:50 AM

Mackay? Bloody hell, I thought we had shot of him in 1994!

Well I'd hope that Malky would be a little more successful! I'd also like to add René Meulensteen to my list - a very talented coach who could definitely step up to a management role.

Pluto

If we're being realistic Lee Clark or Di Matteo.

But I'd like to see Montella, Hiddink or René Meulensteen in an ideal world.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Pluto on September 16, 2013, 11:11:28 AM
If we're being realstic Lee Clark or Di Matteo.

You see this is actually the problem.

I have a friend who is a longstanding Huddersfield supporter and they were delighted when he was sacked essentially for playing dull, defensive, square passing football. They didn't concede many and they had a diamond in Rhodes but it was deadly dull and not quite good enough to get promotion.

Di Matteo was sacked by West Brom who improved as soon as Hodgson took over.

Montella or Muelensteen are untried. Might do very well but might be out of their depth.

Hiddinck of course is another matter altogether.

Craven Mad

I'd also be very pleased with either Solskjaer or Van Gal. Montella is a great idea, particularly with the club history..

Jimpav

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 16, 2013, 11:15:52 AM
Quote from: Pluto on September 16, 2013, 11:11:28 AM
If we're being realstic Lee Clark or Di Matteo.

You see this is actually the problem.

I have a friend who is a longstanding Huddersfield supporter and they were delighted when he was sacked essentially for playing dull, defensive, square passing football. They didn't concede many and they had a diamond in Rhodes but it was deadly dull and not quite good enough to get promotion.

Di Matteo was sacked by West Brom who improved as soon as Hodgson took over.

Montella or Muelensteen are untried. Might do very well but might be out of their depth.

Hiddinck of course is another matter altogether.

You are making it sound like Jol is the only option available to us and that we are better sleepwalking into relegation with him at the helm rather than take a chance on another manager.

Your argument against Di Matteo is particularly weak. Yes he was sacked from West Brom but go achievements with Chelsea overshadow this massively. It's also difficult to think of a league manager that has not been sacked- unless you look to Moyes or Wenger.

Why can't we consider a manager from another club? What's to say that we couldnt or wouldn't poach a manager mid-season? It wouldn't be the normal Fulham approach but who knows what Khan is thinking.

If Jol doesn't get results from Stoke, Cardiff and Palace then it won't just be the fans asking questions of him.

Replacement or not, I can't see him lasting the season at this rate.

The Old Count

Montella with Clement or Murphy or symmons

There are plenty.

I think the club should (will) hang on for another ten games minimum and see where we are before dumping Jol.

gmosullivan

Solskjaer with Murphy as assistant. = Both young, solskjaer has great footballing mind, Danny would command respect from players.

Guus Hiddink. with either Gus Poyet or Danny Murphy as assistant.

Wait till England miss out on Brasil and bring back Hodgeson and Lewington!!!

TonyGilroy

Poaching managers simply isn't allowed.

Untried managers are a risk. Many more fail badly than the few who succeed. They would be replacing someone who, for all the bile on here, has kept us in midtable and has a very decent CV.

I wouldn't take a punt in the dark unless it was clear that the situation was so bad that he had to be replaced.

Many of you think we're there now. I don't.

MJG

Marcelo Bielsa.
Failing that I would ask Danny Murphy to do it with Kit for at least the rest of the season.

WhiteJC

why isn't poaching managers allowed? its not as if we've never had our manager(s) poached