more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could they be any more scummier?

Started by Ron Sheepskin, September 20, 2013, 10:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sheepskin

Driver on the Wing's Weather for Chelsea v Fulham

By Admin â‹… September 20, 2013 â‹… Email This Postâ‹… Print This Postâ‹…Post a comment

Filed Under  Driver, Fulham, Weather

Fulham at home Saturday 21 September 2013

After a cool and damp period over the past couple of weeks, we are about to enter into a pleasant early autumn as the sun moves over the equator and days become shorter than nights.

It is a curious and often unsettled time of year. One major influence on our weather over these months is the North Atlantic Tropical Storm season which runs from July to the end of October.

This year, forecasters promised high activity in the Atlantic and although no storms have made landfall in the US yet, a number have emerged, either making less costly landfall in Latin America (already there have been more than 60 storm-related deaths in Mexico alone) or sweeping along the middle of the ocean.

It is these latter storms that affect us. While only one hurricane has ever made landfall in Europe (and yes, Michael Fish was correct; the 1987 windstorm known as 87J was not a hurricane), the tail end of such storms often sweep through these islands.

The active storm Humberto, is currently tracking north east and will pass the Azores on Friday or Saturday. It will not have any impact on Saturday's game.

Saturday in West London will be remarkably calm with winds under 5mph from the west and temperatures of up to 19 degrees. Drizzle in the morning will give way to cloud and then as the afternoon progresses, some sun will emerge through those clouds. While it will be light as we enter the ground, darkness will have arrived by the time we leave. Let us hope that is not a metaphor.

The visit of Fulham is not something that we want to get excited about. Fulham are not a side that provokes passion.

Sadly Fulham fans will be excited about the game. A point last season and a couple of disappointing results for us in the past week and they can smell hope, a commodity that has not really existed at Craven Cottage since they last scraped through a relegation battle.

Excitement does not come easily to Fulham supporters. A recent survey discovered that a significant number of men feign interest in football in order to fit in at their place of work. These are, generally, Fulham supporters. They choose Fulham because no one else does. They are safe with their secret at Fulham because most other Fulham supporters share it.

Imagine the scene: everyone at work is talking about the weekend's games and Jeremy is cringing in case he is asked anything about his team's match. A quick glance at the Guardian on-line is all he has managed. He hates these Monday mornings.

He goes on line. Fulham, he discovers, are playing a side he has never heard of that weekend. He buys a ticket in the neutral area. On Monday, fresh with knowledge gleaned from Gary Lineker on MotD and a quick glance at The Observer of Sunday and he holds his head high on Monday.

Like a gambling addict, playing to cover his losses, he feels he has to keep the ruse going. He buys a season ticket. He buys a replica shirt. He finds out who Johnny Haynes was. He is a fully fledge Fulham fan.

He still hates football.

Please, no half and halfs, no red trousers, no mustard trousers, no Freitag bags. Jeremy is likely to try to combine a number of these items. We do not want to be like him.

Remember, you are Chelsea and Chelsea is style.

Posted by Driver on the Wing

http://www.chelseasupportersgroup.net/2013/09/driver-on-the-wings-weather-for-chelsea-v-fulham-3/

Is it possible to want to beat them any more than we already want to?
"Do not affix anything to this wall" - sign that was affixed to wall above turnstiles at Hammy end before someone with a clipboard replaced it with a large Fire Exit sign.

Pluto

I'm not going to pay any attention to a "football" article that spends the first five paragraphs talking about the weather.

Buffalo76

064.gif

nose

I am not sure I understood the piece at all.
If it is supposed to be humour then it is clearly aimed at the 'hard of thinking.'
If it is seriious, then it is presumably aimed at the 'hard of thinking.'

If the poster is suggesting chelsea fans are more 'passionate' than us, they can shove what they have.

There are few supporters groups (if any at all)where the atmosphere is better, more humorous and more inclusive than ours.
Chelsea is a horrible soleless placed peopled buy a collection of neanderthals and Johnny come latelys. We have a game in our car it's called spot the chelsea supporter, you can usually spot them because of their identickit dress and gormless look on thier faces. I am not trying to be insulting, rather stating my observation.

Airfix

Quote from: nose on September 20, 2013, 12:04:50 PM
Chelsea is a horrible soleless placed

Fancy going through life with no shoes....

Martinsback

I have known men who, when their girlfriend leaves them, spend time and money chasing around after their ex partner just to let them know that in fact "they don't care about them...they have moved on".

Sadly, this writer feels the need to spend lots of his/her own time describing how much they don't care about us and trying to put a negative spin on our fans.

I have found through my long life that when someone makes sweeping statements, they are usually describing themselves.

All I can say is Rafa.

Logicalman

Not too sure I fully followed the storyline.

Does Jeremy work at Stamford Bridge? Is he related to Rupert? and who the hell is Humberto, a new Chelsea winger? Sorry, this guy lost me when the Sun went crossing the Equator.

Jimpav

It sound like the author is a bit of a "Jeremy" himself.  He clearly knows nothing about us or our recent history and is also makes more mentions about Fashion than football. Sounds like an incarnation of Ostritch watch.

Fulham76

Quote from: Ron Sheepskin on September 20, 2013, 10:25:54 AM
Driver on the WingÂ’s Weather for Chelsea v Fulham

By Admin â‹… September 20, 2013 â‹… Email This Postâ‹… Print This Postâ‹…Post a comment

After a cool and damp period over the past couple of weeks, we are about to enter into a pleasant early autumn as the sun moves over the equator and days become shorter than nights.

It is a curious and often unsettled time of year. One major influence on our weather over these months is the North Atlantic Tropical Storm season which runs from July to the end of October.

This year, forecasters promised high activity in the Atlantic and although no storms have made landfall in the US yet, a number have emerged, either making less costly landfall in Latin America (already there have been more than 60 storm-related deaths in Mexico alone) or sweeping along the middle of the ocean.

It is these latter storms that affect us. While only one hurricane has ever made landfall in Europe (and yes, Michael Fish was correct; the 1987 windstorm known as 87J was not a hurricane), the tail end of such storms often sweep through these islands.

The active storm Humberto, is currently tracking north east and will pass the Azores on Friday or Saturday. It will not have any impact on SaturdayÂ’s game.

Saturday in West London will be remarkably calm with winds under 5mph from the west and temperatures of up to 19 degrees. Drizzle in the morning will give way to cloud and then as the afternoon progresses, some sun will emerge through those clouds. While it will be light as we enter the ground, darkness will have arrived by the time we leave. Let us hope that is not a metaphor.

The visit of Fulham is not something that we want to get excited about. Fulham are not a side that provokes passion.

Sadly Fulham fans will be excited about the game. A point last season and a couple of disappointing results for us in the past week and they can smell hope, a commodity that has not really existed at Craven Cottage since they last scraped through a relegation battle.

Excitement does not come easily to Fulham supporters. A recent survey discovered that a significant number of men feign interest in football in order to fit in at their place of work. These are, generally, Fulham supporters. They choose Fulham because no one else does. They are safe with their secret at Fulham because most other Fulham supporters share it.

Imagine the scene: everyone at work is talking about the weekendÂ’s games and Jeremy is cringing in case he is asked anything about his teamÂ’s match. A quick glance at the Guardian on-line is all he has managed. He hates these Monday mornings.

He goes on line. Fulham, he discovers, are playing a side he has never heard of that weekend. He buys a ticket in the neutral area. On Monday, fresh with knowledge gleaned from Gary Lineker on MotD and a quick glance at The Observer of Sunday and he holds his head high on Monday.

Like a gambling addict, playing to cover his losses, he feels he has to keep the ruse going. He buys a season ticket. He buys a replica shirt. He finds out who Johnny Haynes was. He is a fully fledge Fulham fan.

He still hates football.

Please, no half and halfs, no red trousers, no mustard trousers, no Freitag bags. Jeremy is likely to try to combine a number of these items. We do not want to be like him.

http://www.chelseasupportersgroup.net/2013/09/driver-on-the-wings-weather-for-chelsea-v-fulham-3/

One of the worst attempts at humour I've ever read! What a complete knob!

Scrumpy

Along the same theme, CFC away is one of the few matches where I really feel compelled to wear colours, if at all possible. I don't usually bother, but a visit to Stamford Bridge should always be made in apparel that leaves the observer in no doubt about which team you support. So much is at stake regarding taste, IQ, fashion, morals and prejudices.

Yoooou whites!  049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

nose

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 20, 2013, 01:18:51 PM
Along the same theme, CFC away is one of the few matches where I really feel compelled to wear colours, if at all possible. I don't usually bother, but a visit to Stamford Bridge should always be made in apparel that leaves the observer in no doubt about which team you support. So much is at stake regarding taste, IQ, fashion, morals and prejudices.

Yoooou whites!  049:gif

There is no doubt who the chelsea supporters are whether you wear colours or not! But I admire your stand and principles on this point.

Bassey the warrior

Don't take the bait. It's just some bitter little twerp venting.

Wingnut

Sounds like an advert for some High street brand.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

jarv

Bizarre :49:

Chesea fans, huge element of trash within. I have been to SB on occasions but the last time was 70s and after watching the worst football imaginable, witnessing yet another assault by a Chelsea neanderthal fan I vowed never to go again. I never have and never will.

SKSW6

Ohhh I get it now, it's supposed to be ironic, Chelsea fans criticising other clubs for having a fanbase largely made up of posh

tourists

in replica shirts

...right?

Sheepskin Junior

"Chelsea is style"

OF WHAT? Twattery I assume
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

Buffalo76

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 20, 2013, 12:48:21 PM
Driver on the Wing's Weather for Chelsea v Fulham

The active storm Humberto, is currently tracking north east and will pass the Azores on Friday or Saturday. It will not have any impact on Saturday's game.

Imagine the scene: everyone at work is talking about the weekend's games and Jeremy is cringing in case he is asked anything about his team's match. A quick glance at the Guardian on-line is all he has managed. He hates these Monday mornings.

He still hates football.

One of the worst attempts at humour I've ever read! What a complete knob!

:plus one:

Rupert

Quote from: Logicalman on September 20, 2013, 12:35:34 PM
Not too sure I fully followed the storyline.

Does Jeremy work at Stamford Bridge? Is he related to Rupert?

Not that I know of. My brother in law supports that lot down the road, but he has a lot more class than the author of this piece. Why do you ask, anyway?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

ron

I like to think of our FFC as it was described on the commentary (rather lovingly) during our Europa run as "everyone's second club", which suggested widespread kindly thoughts for us throughout the country.

Some of us are even luckier; it's our first !

Big Martin Jol

John Terry is allegedly a racist, Ashley Cole is an adulterer and Eden Hazard kicked a child.

Chelsea Football Club everybody  :Haynes The Maestro:
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.