watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

One word

Started by mikeyffc28, September 23, 2013, 02:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyffc28

If you had to choose one word to either describe how you feel about the club/being a supporter, what would it be, and why?

Painful.

Even though I will never lose the love I have for the club, for me: watching the team underperform; the Europa final; the Jakko statue; transfer dealings; late goals against; even our wins scraped through rather than comfortable, all make the experience so painful at times.  Of course there are other (much more positive) words that I could have chosen, but found it hard finding one word to truly describe the whole range of emotions felt over time as a supporter.

cmg

Normal.

Couldn't imagine anything else.

As far as the pain goes - well, the old saying goes 'If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.'

Airfix

Frustrating.

We could be so much more and, after 12 years in the top flight, we damn-well should be!

Deanothefulhamfan

Great thread....

Mine at present would be "misguided"

I feel at the moment the club do not know where they are going, Our club is feeling less and less like Fulham with each passing week.

New owner, new branding of the website ( which I hate ), spineless performances as of late which are close to the dark days under Sanchez, our team do not know what they are doing week in week out.

I love Fulham but at the moment I feel as if it is losing it's identity

ron

Chastening.

...or when spirits are higher and we are feeling fulhamish....Esoteric

Burt

jelmo

'Negative'

This word covers:
General mood of the fans
Our transfer policy
Our tactics
Berbatov's body language

HatterDon

honored [or honoured, if you must]

I'd rather be a frustrated, anguished, nervous, worried supporter of Fulham Football Club than a completely happy supporter of any other team in any sport in any country in the world.  049:gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

mikeyffc28

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 23, 2013, 03:07:29 PM
Great thread....

Mine at present would be "misguided"

I feel at the moment the club do not know where they are going, Our club is feeling less and less like Fulham with each passing week.

New owner, new branding of the website ( which I hate ), spineless performances as of late which are close to the dark days under Sanchez, our team do not know what they are doing week in week out.

I love Fulham but at the moment I feel as if it is losing it's identity

Totally.  Couldn't agree more.  Do you think this loss of identity is contributing to the general negativity felt by supporters because as you say the club feels less and less like fulham with each passing week? or do you think it is accepted that football is changing and clubs no longer "belong" to the supporters. Would be interesting to know how negative supporters would be if there were the same manager/tactics issues but the club still "belonged" to the supporters.

Holders

I think we accept the change in football so long as our team is staying true to its traditions - that is, hard work ethic and an attempt to play attractive rather than purely functional football. Over the years we have mostly tended to do that and then look at the results.

At the moment I sum up my feelings towards FFC as "depressed". I hardly felt hurt when we lost to Them and am not sure if I'll be going to the next couple of home games until I see how things pan out. Disloyal? Fair-weather supporter? I don't think so, I stuck through the bad times of the 80s but I just don't feel any conviction coming in the other direction at the moment.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

DukeTyrion

Denver Fulham

Rotting.

Roster remains too old, no clear path for young players to break in, team form has been decaying for a year, the Cottage is no longer anything close to a fortress, fans are getting disillusioned, the identity of the club is unraveling into a lack of one.

MOR :

Disenchanted...

If you are disenchanted with something, you are disappointed with it and no longer believe that it is good or worthwhile.

Beamer

Indeterminate (can't really see where we are going at present, but ever hopeful).

Vinnieffc

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Neil D

Buffalo76

Quote from: Airfix on September 23, 2013, 02:30:13 PM
Frustrating.

We could be so much more and, after 12 years in the top flight, we damn-well should be!

Completely and utterly agree 100%.

The Bronsons

thebumponleroyshead

Oh You Lucky People We're the Best Team in The Land