watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kara or Sidwell?

Started by JackyFulham90, September 25, 2013, 11:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Who should partner Parker Saturday? Parker & Sidwell have formed a good partnership together but Karagounis played really well against Everton & played a huge part in our most attacking display of the season

twang

Kasami. Failing that, Kara.

HatterDon

I don't see The Ancient Greek playing 180 minutes in less than a week.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

David Allen Crankshaw

Forever Fulham

The God of Flopping.  Page 86, Edith Hamilton's Greek and Roman Mythology, 4th ed.   Yup, there's a picture of Karagounis doing a swan dive.  Zeus is not amused.

Count Berbatov

I am a big fan of Karagounis. He should start

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

SimpleTactics

I love Kara. He doesn't worry about losing the ball like most of the team which ironically makes them lose it more as they panic. He has the creative spark we have been missing and even if he cant last the full 90 he is much needed in order to provide killer passes and have some shots on goal.

Rhys Lightning 63

For anyone out there who knows baseball, I would liken Karagounis to a closing pitcher. For those of you who don't understand baseball, essentially a closer is brought in for the final inning just to get the last players out, so as to give the starting pitcher a rest, THIS is what Karagounis should be for us.

We've got the result we need (be it leading 2-1 against a mid-table or bottom team, or drawing with a big team) and it's the 75th minute. We take off an attacking player (say Ruiz) and put Kara infront of the back 4. Nobody get's past, the opposition don't get a sniff of goal and the game is in the bag.

So in answer to your question... Sidwell
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

SmithyFFC

Karagounis -10 years would be perfect.
FTID

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on September 26, 2013, 01:07:00 AM
For anyone out there who knows baseball, I would liken Karagounis to a closing pitcher. For those of you who don't understand baseball, essentially a closer is brought in for the final inning just to get the last players out, so as to give the starting pitcher a rest, THIS is what Karagounis should be for us.

We've got the result we need (be it leading 2-1 against a mid-table or bottom team, or drawing with a big team) and it's the 75th minute. We take off an attacking player (say Ruiz) and put Kara infront of the back 4. Nobody get's past, the opposition don't get a sniff of goal and the game is in the bag.

That's not a half bad idea actually.  Kara has real skill, guile, trickery, and can distribute.  But he doesn't have speed. And he's small.  Subbing him in at 70, when the pace has slowed, legs are tired, would be a clever use of him.  Let the game clock level the playing field for him. He doesn't fear anyone or anything. That raises everyone's game.

TonyGilroy

I know he's 36 but Karagounis put in more effort and sweat throughout the 90 minutes on Tuesday than anyone else. He might as well have been 26.

The clubs' sports scientists will assess how often he can replicate that but if he's fit enough I'd certainly play him agaionst Cardiff.

MasterHaynes

I've been completely bamboozled this season as to why we have not brought either Boateng or Karagounis on for the last 20 minutes for Ruiz or Kaca in every game since Sunderland. It's been crying out for someone to come on with fresh legs that can screen the back 4 to act as a 'closer'.

MJG

No discussion required Jol likes Sidwell and it will be him.

epsomraver

Quote from: MasterHaynes on September 26, 2013, 08:06:42 AM

I've been completely bamboozled this season as to why we have not brought either Boateng or Karagounis on for the last 20 minutes for Ruiz or Kaca in every game since Sunderland. It's been crying out for someone to come on with fresh legs that can screen the back 4 to act as a 'closer'.

But we have, the bubble has come on as a sub  in a few games.

FFC1987

I think it should/needs to be Karagounis but he will choose Sidwell and we will look somewhat poor again. Normally an optimist but really can't stand Sidders in the middle when you have his mkii standing next to him.

Ruiz11

Jol will choose Sidwell, he seems to be teacher's pet. However, I believe Karagounis, if he can manage two matches in quick succession at his age, would be a better option because Parker and Sidwell are too similar. There's no way either of them would have thought to make Giorgos' pass for Bent's goal against Everton.

St Eve

Deanothefulhamfan

I hope Kara, but not because I dislike Sidwell, far from it in fact. I just feel Kara offers more to the team, and Sidwell is identical to Parker. Would ne very surprised if Kara can do 180 minutes in 4 days though

filham

Karagounis had  great game on Tuesday,he is a class act and will add quality to any premiership game. If there is doubt about him lasting the 90 minutes then play him for 60 minutes.

With Parker and Karagounis both turning on the style against Everton we looked better in midfielld than we have for a long time.

Brown@FFC

This hate for Sidwell is wrong. He is a very hard worker, and he is useful for the first hour. He provides a great work ethic, a good defensive duty, and the odd goal. After that, Karagounis should come on. He will make a difference. Plus, he will also find it easier against tireder opponents.