watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's get in Di Matteo

Started by Bassey the warrior, September 28, 2013, 04:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

I said I'd wait until we'd played Crystal Palace but I'm changing my mind. Martin has to go now. Di Matteo is the only person I can think of who is available and I'd want to take the job. Meulensteen still very much an unknown quantity management wise and no one else really stands out.
Please not O'Neill.

Craven Mad

+1 for please not O'Neill

Results aren't good enough. Team isn't playing well enough. I do believe that we have the quality, but there needs to be a change in coaching - either with a new manager, or assistant manager.. Perhaps even both.

Given time, Jol may be able to turn things around, but confidence is low and something has to change.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 28, 2013, 04:56:23 PM
+1 for please not O'Neill

Results aren't good enough. Team isn't playing well enough. I do believe that we have the quality, but there needs to be a change in coaching - either with a new manager, or assistant manager.. Perhaps even both.

Given time, Jol may be able to turn things around, but confidence is low and something has to change.

Of course we have the quality, we have a squad good enough to finish in the top half. But the tactics are consistently pants and the performances of players too. Only Kasami impresses me week in week out and Stockdale usually does quite well.

The Old Count

Quote from: The Moose on September 28, 2013, 04:53:02 PM
I said I'd wait until we'd played Crystal Palace but I'm changing my mind. Martin has to go now. Di Matteo is the only person I can think of who is available and I'd want to take the job. Meulensteen still very much an unknown quantity management wise and no one else really stands out.
Please not O'Neill.

Di Matteo Please No.
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.  He only did well at Chelsea 'cos the senior players sidelined by AVB managed themselves.

We need to be very careful with who we chose to replace Jol with.

Craven Mad

Agreed that Kasami and Stockers have exceeded themselves.

Jol has clearly just not found the right starting 11, nor the right formation, nor the right tactics.. In fairness, it's not as easy as it used to be (under hodgson); many of our players like a more "free" role, like berba, kasami, ruiz, taarabt etc..

Nonetheless, as much as anything, I think that there needs to be change. I'd be just as happy with a new assistant as I would a new manager, but the team is on the road to relegation and has to wake up.

Deeply disappointed by the start of the season. It's not about unrealistic expectations, it's about watching a great squad lose week-after-week..

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Old Count on September 28, 2013, 05:01:43 PM
Please not O'Neill.

Di Matteo Please No.
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.  He only did well at Chelsea 'cos the senior players sidelined by AVB managed themselves.

West Brom had a rubbish team, we have much better players. Who else is available now and better than him?

gerrys

West Brom had a rubbish team, we have much better players. Who else is available now and better than him?
[/quote]

Trappatoni................quite capable of giving them an earful too......

Nero

Who ever avaliable we need to move quickly before they end up st Sunderland.  Just sack him see who applies we can do without a manager for the time being it can't get any worse can it

Barrie

No thanks, I'll be really unhappy if we appoint him.  There must be better options than that.

Barrie

Quote from: Nero on September 28, 2013, 05:33:07 PM
Who ever avaliable we need to move quickly before they end up st Sunderland.  Just sack him see who applies we can do without a manager for the time being it can't get any worse can it

Definitely agree with this.

Twig

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 28, 2013, 05:02:49 PM
Agreed that Kasami and Stockers have exceeded themselves.

Jol has clearly just not found the right starting 11, nor the right formation, nor the right tactics.. In fairness, it's not as easy as it used to be (under hodgson); many of our players like a more "free" role, like berba, kasami, ruiz, taarabt etc..

Nonetheless, as much as anything, I think that there needs to be change. I'd be just as happy with a new assistant as I would a new manager, but the team is on the road to relegation and has to wake up.

Deeply disappointed by the start of the season. It's not about unrealistic expectations, it's about watching a great squad lose week-after-week..

To be fair, MJ brought in most of those players that like a free role and MJ selects them.  It is his team, his formation, his tactics.  He has signed some exciting talent but it isn't working under his managament.

Craven Mad

PaulJ123

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: gerrys on September 28, 2013, 05:30:02 PM

Trappatoni................quite capable of giving them an earful too......
[/quote]

Really? The guy's 74, that would be madness.

Nero

Of that list at a quick glance id say hoddle

terryr

Paolo Di Canio
At least there would be some entertainment :doh:

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 28, 2013, 05:35:54 PM
List of available managers: http://www.thesackrace.com/job-centre

That list is out of date. Guardiola is listed, Capello listed, Drogba hasn't retired yet, nor Giggs nor Gerrard. Many more mistakes.

Craven Mad

Quote from: The Moose on September 28, 2013, 05:45:28 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on September 28, 2013, 05:35:54 PM
List of available managers: http://www.thesackrace.com/job-centre

That list is out of date. Guardiola is listed, Capello listed, Drogba hasn't retired yet, nor Giggs nor Gerrard. Many more mistakes.

Just seen, still the best list that I could find at the moment. Common sense should prevail though, and it does throw up some useful names..

The Old Count

Quote from: The Moose on September 28, 2013, 05:25:41 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on September 28, 2013, 05:01:43 PM
Please not O'Neill.

Di Matteo Please No.
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.  He only did well at Chelsea 'cos the senior players sidelined by AVB managed themselves.

Roy kept that 'rubbish' team up and laid the ground for a decent side who had a very good following season and seem to be doing OK this year.
We have some good players on paper but not a good team.
There are a few I rather have than Di Matteo.
As I said, it needs to be a considered appointment.

Craven Mad

Quote from: The Old Count on September 28, 2013, 05:52:16 PM

Roy kept that 'rubbish' team up and laid the ground for a decent side who had a very good following season and seem to be doing OK this year.
We have some good players on paper but not a good team.
There are a few I rather have than Di Matteo.
As I said, it needs to be a considered appointment.

Great post, completely agree.