more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Let's get in Di Matteo

Started by Bassey the warrior, September 28, 2013, 04:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wimbledon_White

Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

As I said on Twitter: He could be to Fulham as Ladrup is to Swansea.

The Old Count

Quote from: The Old Count on September 29, 2013, 08:40:02 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 29, 2013, 03:38:26 AM
Quote from: The Old Count on September 28, 2013, 05:01:43 PM
Quote from: The Moose on September 28, 2013, 04:53:02 PM
I said I'd wait until we'd played Crystal Palace but I'm changing my mind. Martin has to go now. Di Matteo is the only person I can think of who is available and I'd want to take the job. Meulensteen still very much an unknown quantity management wise and no one else really stands out.
Please not O'Neill.

Di Matteo Please No.
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.  He only did well at Chelsea 'cos the senior players sidelined by AVB managed themselves.

We need to be very careful with who we chose to replace Jol with.

I've seen that said over and over again, and it's not even close to the truth. If Roy hadn't become available -- after being canned by Liverpool -- RDM would have stayed with the club and kept them up easily. They played very good football under him.

As far as "he had nothing to do with winning the Champions League," how deluded can one be?

Appreciate the personal insult....cheers. 
And BTW I did not say he didn't have anything to do with Chelsea winning the CL.  I said that the players managed themselves.  Many of them saw it as their last chance to win the CL so the motivation was massive. What he did do, that could be seen as good management (as an ex player and mate), was to let the players do it their way.
I appreciate that you are not overly intelligent but might I respectfully suggest that you at least attempt to engage your brain before handing out unjustified insults.

Berserker

Guys please cool it a bit, none of us knows each others intelligence levels. In fact my brain is the size of a shed but i hide the fact due to not wanting to frighten people!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

grandad

Yes there are issues with the team, manager, management, coaches, fitness trainers & the ticket office. However there is not one name on "The List" or others being thrown about that I would like as a new manager. I think the club need to meet as a whole group & have a clear the air, open & frank discussion about the way forward.
The trouble about changing manager during the season is that it just doesn´t involve one person but the whole set up. Players, coaches, scouts all come as a package. It is too much of a disruption in my mind.
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2013, 11:01:48 AM
Yes there are issues with the team, manager, management, coaches, fitness trainers & the ticket office. However there is not one name on "The List" or others being thrown about that I would like as a new manager. I think the club need to meet as a whole group & have a clear the air, open & frank discussion about the way forward.
The trouble about changing manager during the season is that it just doesn´t involve one person but the whole set up. Players, coaches, scouts all come as a package. It is too much of a disruption in my mind.

So we keep it the same? Is that what you are saying? It has to change and sooner the better as far as I am concerned A change of manager does not have to effect  the players badly if it is done properly { thought , when have Fulham ever done anything properly ? ) If the right man is brought in I am sure the players will relish some one who can give them some direction which is what we need, Jol has been making it up as he goes along for years now and that is clearly reflected in the performances and his interviews, he has to go NOW

the nutflush

Quote from: epsomraver on September 29, 2013, 11:13:25 AM
Quote from: grandad on September 29, 2013, 11:01:48 AM

So we keep it the same? Is that what you are saying? It has to change and sooner the better as far as I am concerned A change of manager does not have to effect  the players badly if it is done properly { thought , when have Fulham ever done anything properly ? ) If the right man is brought in I am sure the players will relish some one who can give them some direction which is what we need, Jol has been making it up as he goes along for years now and that is clearly reflected in the performances and his interviews, he has to go NOW

If it was Hiddink I think most of our squad would poo their pants.  It would mean about a threefold increase in their training schedule.

The Old Count

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on September 29, 2013, 10:32:26 AM
Ole Gunnar Solskjær.

As I said on Twitter: He could be to Fulham as Ladrup is to Swansea.

I agree. I'd be more than happy with him. Maybe with Murphy as assistant?