Started by Bassey the warrior, September 28, 2013, 04:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otley

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: The Old Count on September 28, 2013, 05:52:16 PM
Quote from: The Moose on September 28, 2013, 05:25:41 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on September 28, 2013, 05:01:43 PM
Quote from: The Moose on September 28, 2013, 04:53:02 PM
I said I'd wait until we'd played Crystal Palace but I'm changing my mind. Martin has to go now. Di Matteo is the only person I can think of who is available and I'd want to take the job. Meulensteen still very much an unknown quantity management wise and no one else really stands out.
Please not O'Neill.

Di Matteo Please No.
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.  He only did well at Chelsea 'cos the senior players sidelined by AVB managed themselves.

We need to be very careful with who we chose to replace Jol with.

West Brom had a rubbish team, we have much better players. Who else is available now and better than him?

Roy kept that 'rubbish' team up and laid the ground for a decent side who had a very good following season and seem to be doing OK this year.
We have some good players on paper but not a good team.
There are a few I rather have than Di Matteo.
As I said, it needs to be a considered appointment.

Yes he did and that says more about how good a manager he is than how awful Di Matteo is. West Brom have a better squad now than they did then.
I'm not saying he's the second coming but I can't see any better manager that is available and likely to join our club. Perhaps someone from Europe.

Forever Fulham

Di Matteo would be my choice.  Hoddle is one of my player-heroes.  I don't want him to fail as manager and wreck my memory of him.

EJL

One thing I'll say about Di Matteo...

The main reason he was sacked from Chelsea was predictable tactics i.e. lack of any 'Plan B'. Boy, doesn't that sound familiar? Sure, he has a Champions League trophy and an FA Cup to his name, but he was 'one of the boys' at Chelsea; more of a mate than a manager to those players. He didn't do the job at West Brom -- a club of similar size to Fulham where he had no close connections -- so what's to say he won't be a failure here, too?

Nero

There were a number of big jobs going around this summer and he wasn't even consider and theres a reason for that he's crap hence why chelsea got rid if him

Airfix

Quote from: The Moose on September 28, 2013, 05:40:42 PM
Quote from: gerrys on September 28, 2013, 05:30:02 PM

West Brom had a rubbish team, we have much better players. Who else is available now and better than him?

Trappatoni................quite capable of giving them an earful too......

Really? The guy's 74, that would be madness.
[/quote]

At least he'd be older than most of the first team!

nose

di matteo at wba was hardly a good credential
at chelsea all he had to do was caretake for a while and motivate, i don't think he is what we need and is a big gamble that would more likely see us relegated.

poyet is the obvious and best choice. intelligent, understand football, has done it on a shoestring and knows how to organise a team, and that is what we need, organisation.

hoddle was a disaster after england and i can't bear his whinning and croaky voice excuses. he was the reason we won 3 2 at loftus road against spurs, his stupid substitutions cost them the game

Pluto

Quote from: nose on September 28, 2013, 10:34:19 PM
di matteo at wba was hardly a good credential
at chelsea all he had to do was caretake for a while and motivate, i don't think he is what we need and is a big gamble that would more likely see us relegated.

poyet is the obvious and best choice. intelligent, understand football, has done it on a shoestring and knows how to organise a team, and that is what we need, organisation.

hoddle was a disaster after england and i can't bear his whinning and croaky voice excuses. he was the reason we won 3 2 at loftus road against spurs, his stupid substitutions cost them the game

Di Matteo is Chelsea through and through which obviously doesn't endear him to me. Also Poyet would be a terrible choice- upset players at Brighton, didn't get on well with the management, left in acrimonious circumstances in which he apparently lied on TV about not knowing about his sacking. Brighton fans were glad to get rid. For me, he'd be another Di Canio type, which is the last thing we need in a squad already low on morale.

MasterHaynes

I said I'd wait until we'd played Crystal Palace but I'm changing my mind. Martin has to go now. Di Matteo is the only person I can think of who is available and I'd want to take the job. Meulensteen still very much an unknown quantity management wise and no one else really stands out.
Please not O'Neill.

Di Matteo Please No.
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.  He only did well at Chelsea 'cos the senior players sidelined by AVB managed themselves.

Di Matteo known quantity as a flop, look what Roy did with the sane squad. At least Meulenstein has a long successful record as a coach of the most successful team for the last 10 years.

HatterDon

Please not O'Neill.

Di Matteo Please No.
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.  He only did well at Chelsea 'cos the senior players sidelined by AVB managed themselves.

I've seen that said over and over again, and it's not even close to the truth. If Roy hadn't become available -- after being canned by Liverpool -- RDM would have stayed with the club and kept them up easily. They played very good football under him.

As far as "he had nothing to do with winning the Champions League," how deluded can one be?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Arthur

Quote from: HatterDon on September 29, 2013, 03:38:26 AM
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.

I've seen that said over and over again, and it's not even close to the truth. If Roy hadn't become available -- after being canned by Liverpool -- RDM would have stayed with the club and kept them up easily. They played very good football under him.

West Brom lost 11 out of Di Matteo's final 16 league games as manager; they lost just 2 of the 13 which remained that season after he was sacked. You cannot possibly know whether Di Matteo, had he stayed, would have achieved such a turn around with the ease you suggest.

Danny

Please not O'Neill.

I am sorry ,but Di Mateo was a disaster at West Bromich .
At Chelsea the seniority players were the ones governed  their team.

Hiddink+ Rene Muelesteen are the best choice for Fulham imo.

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Craven Mad on September 28, 2013, 04:56:23 PM

Given time, Jol may be able to turn things around, but confidence is low ......

You need to look to the manager for the reason why confidence is low. What is the evidence that Jol is capable of turning things around?

premFlem

Quote from: Danny on September 29, 2013, 06:03:55 AM
Please not O'Neill.

I am sorry ,but Di Mateo was a disaster at West Bromich .
At Chelsea the seniority players were the ones governed  their team.

Hiddink+ Rene Muelesteen are the best choice for Fulham imo.

Hiddink+ Rene Muelesteen are a dreamteam........O'neill or Di Mateo and not premier quality
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

The Old Count

Quote from: HatterDon on September 29, 2013, 03:38:26 AM
Please not O'Neill.

Di Matteo Please No.
Di Matteo nearly got WBA relegated.  He only did well at Chelsea 'cos the senior players sidelined by AVB managed themselves.

As far as "he had nothing to do with winning the Champions League," how deluded can one be?

Appreciate the personal insult....cheers. 

premFlem

Quote from: EJL on September 28, 2013, 09:58:43 PM
One thing I'll say about Di Matteo...

The main reason he was sacked from Chelsea was predictable tactics i.e. lack of any 'Plan B'. Boy, doesn't that sound familiar? Sure, he has a Champions League trophy and an FA Cup to his name, but he was 'one of the boys' at Chelsea; more of a mate than a manager to those players. He didn't do the job at West Brom -- a club of similar size to Fulham where he had no close connections -- so what's to say he won't be a failure here, too?
+1   would be a big error.. as would ONeill
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

sunburywhite

What about Uwe Rösler stepping up?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alfie

It's funny this manager game, we want to sack our manager for under performing, and the list of replacements consist mainly of managers who have been sacked for under performing.

We all assume that the next one in the door will do better than the last.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

CincyFulham1

epsomraver

We need a British manager who will get us playing proper football, not this round and round possesion is every thing continental style we have been " blessed" with since Jol came