watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Change of Opinion....?

Started by The Equalizer, September 28, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

I never like to see the manager sacked and was fine with Jol in charge at the start of the season but I think he needs to go now- the team shouldn't need time to "gel" as this is his third season at the helm. Under his leadership we've gone from being a top ten side playing in Europe, to a team which in all likelihood will get relegated his season.

CorkCity

Quote from: Twig on September 28, 2013, 06:51:25 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on September 28, 2013, 06:46:37 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 28, 2013, 06:27:34 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 28, 2013, 06:18:28 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on September 28, 2013, 06:10:01 PM
I never thought he would make a good Fulham manager and was disappointed when he was given the job. I have changed my mind because I think he has a genuine love for the club and given more support from the players and supporters he will turn things around.
I hope he does NOT get the sack.

I never thought he would make a good Fulham manager and was disappointed when he was given the job. I have changed my mind because I think he has a genuine love for the club and given more support from the players and supporters he will turn things around.
Totally agree with this. We will gel and we will get results - under Jol's leadership! Panic not. But alas, I fear the voice of the newbies will get Jol the sack! I await the wonderful new messiah and await, with great anticipation, all the excuses we see on here then. NB I will be back to say 'I told you so' when you have gotten your way, got a new manager and we go down! I make 1 important condition: if the new manager has an open purse then anyone could do it.

Totally agree with this. We will gel and we will get results - under Jol's leadership! Panic not. But alas, I fear the voice of the newbies will get Jol the sack! I await the wonderful new messiah and await, with great anticipation, all the excuses we see on here then. NB I will be back to say 'I told you so' when you have gotten your way, got a new manager and we go down! I make 1 important condition: if the new manager has an open purse then anyone could do it.

Sorry, I admire your loyalty but on what do you base your contention that we will gel and gel results?  I see absolutely no evidence of that but would be genuinely interested in what you see that you feel deserves your loyalty?

By the way, many of those, including myself, who take the view that we will be in trouble under MJ are absolutely not newbies.

Finally, if a new manager does keep us up and achieves better form, will you also have the magnanimity to return to acknowledge that you were wrong?

I am a bit of a newbie having only supported Fulham for 45 years.
My loyalty is to the club, managers and players come and go, I think Jol cares about the club.
If he is sacked and a new manager comes in and does better then so be it, but my opinion is that he can turn things around and we will stay up.

I did not question whether you were a newbe or not, you accused those in the Jol out camp of being newbies which many of us are not (my first match was 1960).

You did not answer my questions, what have you seen to justify retaining Jol?  And if a new manager turns things round will you come on and say "I was wrong"?

Twig, read my original post, I never mentioned how long people have been supporting the club, I just gave an opinion on why I think he should stay.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

WayneKerrins

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 28, 2013, 06:48:35 PM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on September 28, 2013, 06:44:24 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 28, 2013, 06:19:58 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on September 28, 2013, 06:12:36 PM
Today is the first time i'm firmly for him going. We didn't get a creative midfielder in the window and we have played badly with what we have. The players were all over the place today and we can't afford to lose at home to Cardiff. Its relegation form. The players look disheartened and they need someone else to come in. If we had won today and the prospect of Diarra coming back in i would have been ok with him staying but we lost. Taking Bent off made no sense unless he was injured.
Parker getting a very early injury had nothing to do with it then?

What's your list of excuses for the other 6 home games we've taken 1 point from 18 in?  By the way anyone who knows anything about the game saw our squad was unbalanced after the last window. We have surfeit of No 10s and wide players and are woefully thin and old/injury prone in centre mid.
Of course you won't get this but your ilk never do.
My ilk? You pompous arse!

Charming especially coming from the prig who was advocating a ban on post match posts and pleading for no personal abuse.

But in fairness your ' Jol is a fine manager' assertion was instructive so I shouldn't be surprised.

gerrys

Today is the first time i'm firmly for him going. We didn't get a creative midfielder in the window and we have played badly with what we have. The players were all over the place today and we can't afford to lose at home to Cardiff. Its relegation form. The players look disheartened and they need someone else to come in. If we had won today and the prospect of Diarra coming back in i would have been ok with him staying but we lost. Taking Bent off made no sense unless he was injured.

:plus one:

Twig

Quote from: CorkCity on September 28, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Sorry, I admire your loyalty but on what do you base your contention that we will gel and gel results?  I see absolutely no evidence of that but would be genuinely interested in what you see that you feel deserves your loyalty?

By the way, many of those, including myself, who take the view that we will be in trouble under MJ are absolutely not newbies.

Finally, if a new manager does keep us up and achieves better form, will you also have the magnanimity to return to acknowledge that you were wrong?

My loyalty is to the club, managers and players come and go, I think Jol cares about the club.
If he is sacked and a new manager comes in and does better then so be it, but my opinion is that he can turn things around and we will stay up.

I did not question whether you were a newbe or not, you accused those in the Jol out camp of being newbies which many of us are not (my first match was 1960).

You did not answer my questions, what have you seen to justify retaining Jol?  And if a new manager turns things round will you come on and say "I was wrong"?

Twig, read my original post, I never mentioned how long people have been supporting the club, I just gave an opinion on why I think he should stay.

Sorry, you are correct it was Cork City.  My apologies, senior moment.

Peabody

I am very very sad but I must admit that things are not improving and a change is necessary.

I think his biggest failure is his decision to not bring in more of our talented youngsters. When you see the success of Everton bringing in Berkley and Villa with their youngsters, then you have to question why we have not done the same

BestOfBrede

Quote from: WayneKerrins on September 28, 2013, 06:57:01 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 28, 2013, 06:48:35 PM
Quote from: WayneKerrins on September 28, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

What's your list of excuses for the other 6 home games we've taken 1 point from 18 in?  By the way anyone who knows anything about the game saw our squad was unbalanced after the last window. We have surfeit of No 10s and wide players and are woefully thin and old/injury prone in centre mid.
Of course you won't get this but your ilk never do.
My ilk? You pompous arse!

Charming especially coming from the prig who was advocating a ban on post match posts and pleading for no personal abuse.

But in fairness your ' Jol is a fine manager' assertion was instructive so I shouldn't be surprised.
Ok I'll apologise but please think before you state things like "your ilk" ! I am no ilk!

BestOfBrede

Twig: I typed a long answer to your questions but got an 'error has occurred' message when I attempted to send!? I will answer you but not now as I have to go out.

CorkCity

Quote from: Twig on September 28, 2013, 06:59:27 PM
Quote from: CorkCity on September 28, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

Sorry, you are correct it was Cork City.  My apologies, senior moment.

No it was not Cork City Twig, I am Cork City ! and I never made any reference to how long people have been Fulham supporters. Just my opinion on why I think Jol should stay. Go and have a lay down Twig, it will all be better in the morning  :008:

TonyGilroy

I like the guy but it's not working.

I'd love him to turn it round but I can't see it. The players need new leadership, motivation and tactics. A new voice to listen to.

If the decision were mine I'd be sacking him now but I really don't want us appointing from the ranks of the already failed. I don't want the likes of Poyet or O'Neill and whilst I'm not confident of us improving things with a new manager I am now convinced that things won't improve under Jol.

Today we were seriously second best against a poor team that was willing to put in more effort and wanted it more.

Last straw for me.

SimpleTactics

I laughed so much when you said Jol has a genuine love for the club. Delusional or what.

Brown@FFC

KNOCK KNOCK, is your head hollow.

SimpleTactics

Wait so if a new manager comes in and does better you say "so be it". But if a new one comes in and doesn't do well you are allowed to laugh at us. What a mug you are.

CorkCity

Quote from: SimpleTactics on September 28, 2013, 07:16:38 PM
I laughed so much when you said Jol has a genuine love for the club. Delusional or what.

That is my opinion, if it made you laugh that is ok.

sunburywhite

but my opinion is that he can turn things around and we will stay up.
[/quote]

Have you lost the plot?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

CorkCity

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 28, 2013, 07:17:57 PM

KNOCK KNOCK, is your head hollow.

You could always meet me to see if my head is hollow. Its just an opinion on our current manager.

HatterDon

My opinion hasn't changed in the slightest. I feel just as strongly about Jol as a manager as I have for the last 18 months or so.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CorkCity

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 28, 2013, 07:27:24 PM

but my opinion is that he can turn things around and we will stay up.

Have you lost the plot?
[/quote]

I once had a job as a pall bearer, I got sacked for never finding the plot !

The Equalizer

People, I've already stated that we need to keep this clean or I will be locking the thread. No need for pointless personal digs, we're all Fulham supporters here.

Have a go at someone's opinion, not the person.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Chesh

A defining moment was when Stockdale was waving frantically at the bench to get someone's attention to see if he could go up for the last gasp corner, and Jol was sitting there with his head in his hands, staring at the floor.

I say this with a heavy heart, because I really wanted him to succeed, and it is a shame that Berbatov will also go (but that hasn't worked either), but after 2 and a bit years, there has not been enough progression to show tactical nous, motivational skills, or passion.

It's got to the stage where frankly anyone would have to be an improvement, and if he's still in charge next Saturday I can't see it being any different in terms of application and end result.

fp.gif
Made in Hammersmith (1968)