watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Change of Opinion....?

Started by The Equalizer, September 28, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

Over the last three or four weeks there have been some rather heated debates on here regarding the current management, and there have been some clear divisions between the 'Jol In' and 'Jol Out' camps.

Like most football forum debates, no real conclusion was reached.

Without getting more heated, and I will make sure that this thread is locked before that happens, I am interested to know just how many of those who wanted to see Jol in charge at the end of the season have now changed their opinion.

You could call this an armistice on opinion.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Bassey the warrior

I would fall into that camp, I felt he could turn it around with the right players but my faith in him has waned over time and ran out about a month ago.

CorkCity

I never thought he would make a good Fulham manager and was disappointed when he was given the job. I have changed my mind because I think he has a genuine love for the club and given more support from the players and supporters he will turn things around.
I hope he does NOT get the sack.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

beijing ben

Today is the first time i'm firmly for him going. We didn't get a creative midfielder in the window and we have played badly with what we have. The players were all over the place today and we can't afford to lose at home to Cardiff. Its relegation form. The players look disheartened and they need someone else to come in. If we had won today and the prospect of Diarra coming back in i would have been ok with him staying but we lost. Taking Bent off made no sense unless he was injured.

Twig

Quote from: CorkCity on September 28, 2013, 06:10:01 PM
I never thought he would make a good Fulham manager and was disappointed when he was given the job. I have changed my mind because I think he has a genuine love for the club and given more support from the players and supporters he will turn things around.

Ha ha.  You must be the only one who didn't want him and now, on the back of his form and all the evidence, have switched to the Jol in camp.

BestOfBrede

Totally agree with this. We will gel and we will get results - under Jol's leadership! Panic not. But alas, I fear the voice of the newbies will get Jol the sack! I await the wonderful new messiah and await, with great anticipation, all the excuses we see on here then. NB I will be back to say 'I told you so' when you have gotten your way, got a new manager and we go down! I make 1 important condition: if the new manager has an open purse then anyone could do it.

Martinsback

This is a first for me, as I have always supported the manager, but I have to say we need a change. Taken with last years end of season form we have strung together a terrible run and to see our home form fail so badly, given its what kept us up in the past, is depressing.

Don't knw who is around to turn it around but something needs to change.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: beijing ben on September 28, 2013, 06:12:36 PM
Today is the first time i'm firmly for him going. We didn't get a creative midfielder in the window and we have played badly with what we have. The players were all over the place today and we can't afford to lose at home to Cardiff. Its relegation form. The players look disheartened and they need someone else to come in. If we had won today and the prospect of Diarra coming back in i would have been ok with him staying but we lost. Taking Bent off made no sense unless he was injured.
Parker getting a very early injury had nothing to do with it then?

DukeTyrion

I am in the Jol In crowd.

If he is to be changed, then make it in December, when the new manager has time to get players in, not 6 games into a season when Jol is trying to get the new players fitting into his squad.

sipwell

I thought he was a good manager and after the players he brought in early June/July, I was confident he would do a good job this season. I was mistaken.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

The Rock

Jol is a fine manager. He needs some funds to replace Richardson, Kasami, and Karagounis with a top attacking winger, MF, and defender. We are coming up with a bit of lack of quality that ends up lacking service around the pitch...

Twig

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 28, 2013, 06:18:28 PM

Totally agree with this. We will gel and we will get results - under Jol's leadership! Panic not. But alas, I fear the voice of the newbies will get Jol the sack! I await the wonderful new messiah and await, with great anticipation, all the excuses we see on here then. NB I will be back to say 'I told you so' when you have gotten your way, got a new manager and we go down! I make 1 important condition: if the new manager has an open purse then anyone could do it.

Sorry, I admire your loyalty but on what do you base your contention that we will gel and gel results?  I see absolutely no evidence of that but would be genuinely interested in what you see that you feel deserves your loyalty?

By the way, many of those, including myself, who take the view that we will be in trouble under MJ are absolutely not newbies.

Finally, if a new manager does keep us up and achieves better form, will you also have the magnanimity to return to acknowledge that you were wrong?

PokerMatt

For me it was Newcastle that put me to the other side of the fence, but I saw positives from West Brom and Everton to make me think I was perhaps hasty.

After today, that's that. It's damage limitation and the sooner a motivator can come in the better. He needs to go IMMEDIATELY as we will not improve under him. If we don't improve we're goners, simple as that.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

beijing ben

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 28, 2013, 06:19:58 PM

Parker is very influential but him going off should not mean the players should play in the way they did and its the manager's job in that situation to try and motivate. I don't feel he did that

beijing ben

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 28, 2013, 06:27:45 PM
For me it was Newcastle that put me to the other side of the fence, but I saw positives from West Brom and Everton to make me think I was perhaps hasty.

After today, that's that. It's damage limitation and the sooner a motivator can come in the better. He needs to go IMMEDIATELY as we will not improve under him. If we don't improve we're goners, simple as that.

Totally agree with you. We need a motivator now otherwise it could be too late. We were lucky when we stayed up with Roy. It really was the great escape and we can't rely on it happening again. We gave Sanchez too long and almost paid the price. Change it now

PokerMatt

Quote from: beijing ben on September 28, 2013, 06:33:37 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on September 28, 2013, 06:27:45 PM

Totally agree with you. We need a motivator now otherwise it could be too late. We were lucky when we stayed up with Roy. It really was the great escape and we can't rely on it happening again. We gave Sanchez too long and almost paid the price. Change it now

Yep that's exactly right. All this give him time talk is just reducing winnable games for the new manager. There's no way back. Sunderland did the right thing and with the right man will be ok, we need to follow suit.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

WayneKerrins

What's your list of excuses for the other 6 home games we've taken 1 point from 18 in?  By the way anyone who knows anything about the game saw our squad was unbalanced after the last window. We have surfeit of No 10s and wide players and are woefully thin and old/injury prone in centre mid.
Of course you won't get this but your ilk never do.

CorkCity

Quote from: Twig on September 28, 2013, 06:27:34 PM

Sorry, I admire your loyalty but on what do you base your contention that we will gel and gel results?  I see absolutely no evidence of that but would be genuinely interested in what you see that you feel deserves your loyalty?

By the way, many of those, including myself, who take the view that we will be in trouble under MJ are absolutely not newbies.

Finally, if a new manager does keep us up and achieves better form, will you also have the magnanimity to return to acknowledge that you were wrong?

I am a bit of a newbie having only supported Fulham for 45 years.
My loyalty is to the club, managers and players come and go, I think Jol cares about the club.
If he is sacked and a new manager comes in and does better then so be it, but my opinion is that he can turn things around and we will stay up.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

BestOfBrede

Quote from: WayneKerrins on September 28, 2013, 06:44:24 PM

What's your list of excuses for the other 6 home games we've taken 1 point from 18 in?  By the way anyone who knows anything about the game saw our squad was unbalanced after the last window. We have surfeit of No 10s and wide players and are woefully thin and old/injury prone in centre mid.
Of course you won't get this but your ilk never do.
My ilk? You pompous arse!

Twig

Quote from: CorkCity on September 28, 2013, 06:46:37 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 28, 2013, 06:27:34 PM

I am a bit of a newbie having only supported Fulham for 45 years.
My loyalty is to the club, managers and players come and go, I think Jol cares about the club.
If he is sacked and a new manager comes in and does better then so be it, but my opinion is that he can turn things around and we will stay up.

I did not question whether you were a newbe or not, you accused those in the Jol out camp of being newbies which many of us are not (my first match was 1960).

You did not answer my questions, what have you seen to justify retaining Jol?  And if a new manager turns things round will you come on and say "I was wrong"?