watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our best side

Started by JackyFulham90, September 28, 2013, 08:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

In my opinion does not include Dimitar Berbatov.  He is undoubtedly a quality player but he slows the game down so much & his strops are getting a little boring now, for me our midfield is all wrong, it's only my opinion but our best side & a side I feel would get results is

Stekelenburg
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Richardson
                       Parker Boateng
Dejagah                Ruiz                 Taarabt
                                  Bent

Parker going off today really cost us we missed him badly, Boateng has to be given another chance as teams counter attack us at will.

I know people want Jol sacked & I actually think Berbatov will lead to his sacking as without him we may play more fluent football

SimpleTactics

Agree with all except i would have Kasami RM and would defo bring on Karagounis at some point

sipwell

Was not too impressed with Richardson. Has a superb attitude but does do comical stuff on the pitch (bad ball handling, hilarious passes, ...)
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ron

Talking about Berbatov's strops, I wonder if they might be anything to do with the fact that quite a few of his teammates have been coached and briefed to do things they can't, in positions that are unfamiliar to them?

Brown@FFC

Don't care. No hope with Jol as manager.

HatterDon

As long as arms are attached to shoulders, Stekelenberg is NOT our best keeper. We got done over in that transfer.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

IranianCottager

Quote from: SimpleTactics on September 28, 2013, 08:55:08 PM
Agree with all except i would have Kasami RM and would defo bring on Karagounis at some point
Why Kasami at RM? He works hard but today he produced absolutely nothing on the right-wing. He must play in the middle, but regardless, doesn't belong in our best 11. Dejagah, Ruiz, Taarabt, Bent are all better when in form, as JackyFulham90 made clear in his line up.

My team:
---------------------Stekelenburg---------------------
-Riether-----Hangeland---Amorebieta--Richardson-
----------------Parker--------Sidwell-----------------
-Dejagah---------------Ruiz-----------------Taarabt-
-------------------------Bent--------------------------

Bench:
Stockdale, Zverotic, Senderos, Karagounis, Kacaniklic, Kasami, Berbatov

Count Berbatov

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on September 28, 2013, 08:48:49 PM
In my opinion does not include Dimitar Berbatov.  He is undoubtedly a quality player but he slows the game down so much & his strops are getting a little boring now, for me our midfield is all wrong, it's only my opinion but our best side & a side I feel would get results is

Stekelenburg
                       Parker Boateng
                                  Bent

Parker going off today really cost us we missed him badly, Boateng has to be given another chance as teams counter attack us at will.

I know people want Jol sacked & I actually think Berbatov will lead to his sacking as without him we may play more fluent football
Jacky, I usually agree with most you post on here. But why do I feel this thread is not so much about Fulham's best side, as much as it's an anti Berbatov one
That said and before anyone accused me of being Berbatov fan, I will get you the statistics from the game. Berbatov wasn't the problem.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

ffcbulgaria

As common opinion on here is Richardson is not good enough but still the best option at LB i'd go with a wild one and suggest Riether-Senderos-Hangeland-Amorebieta

I know everyone is saying time and time again how poor the Swiss is but he repeatedly proves all of you wrong and we concede considerably less goals when he plays.

The left flank is a mistery for me. Taarabt has not impressed in the last few games. I'm almost tempted to suggest Rodallega but will restrain. Richardson's crosses are terrible, Ruiz is a no-go there, Duff is too old and not as good as before.
Anyone think we should let Mesca have a go in there?

So i'd go with a funny lineup that is:

Stek if fit
Riether - Senderos - Hangeland - Amorebieta
Degajah ----   Parker  --- Karagounis
                        Ruiz
                   Bent                 Berbatov

My ideas: Kara can go wide left like today. Berba plays a bit to the flank as well. Only problem is Karagounis probably won't last 90 each game AND we shouldn't build our formation around a 36yo player. Can try Kasami with the same role :) After all - our first ever goal this season (in Costa Rica friendly though) was assisted by Kasami down the left flank.

Now problem is that's too offensive and might leave us open but if Parker sits deeper it might work. Another thing is if we happen to have change in management and Berbatov doesn't have to automatically make the starting 11. Then we can play a proper left winger but like i said above... our choices are many and all of them are unconvincing.

Parkway Drive

Stekelenburg
                       Parker Boateng
                                  Bent

Briggs > Richardson

JackyFulham90

Quote from: Count Berbatov on September 29, 2013, 03:57:58 AM

Stekelenburg
                       Parker Boateng
                                  Bent

Jacky, I usually agree with most you post on here. But why do I feel this thread is not so much about Fulham's best side, as much as it's an anti Berbatov one
That said and before anyone accused me of being Berbatov fan, I will get you the statistics from the game. Berbatov wasn't the problem.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
[/quote

I genuinely think Berbatov is a great player I started with him in my fantasy team as I rate him, I think he had a good 2nd half against Everton but apart from that he has beem really poor, he slows the game down , spends a lot of time strolling around & moaning I think he is unhappy at Fulham he will move on in January]

ffc73

I agree with Jacky that the team balance is all wrong and this stems from the Jol love in with Berbatov.  It will cost the manager his job and possibly our place in the Premiership.  In my opinion.

They may not have the skill of Berbatov but most opposing forwards, including all the those playing for the Cardiff yesterday worked their socks off for the TEAM and I'd swap any of them for Berbatov right now.  Ruiz played a glorious ball inside their right back and centre half yesterday for a forward to chase.  Berbatov acknowledged the pass with a wave of the hand and made no attempt to run for it or close the defence down. 

It was woeful yesterday, not just Berbatov, but, I'd prefer us to go down fighting with players with less ability than watching us die a long slow death.  The cliche of "their too good to go down" has been proved wrong time and time again.  We had the quality and, at the moment, we are going to be relegated

Riverside

Sadly I don't think the issue is the 11 that we put out .
The team yesterday had no confidence in themselves or others .

Starting with Stockdale not coming for the ball.
The CBs looking like strangers.
( I missed Senderos !)
Richardson over hitting all ( but one crosses )
No free kicks going forward .
Frankly nothing from midfield going forward but with a free kick the ball at least is stationary !
Bent giving up after 10 mins
Berba also seeing no reason to run .

We only scored though one moment of individual brilliance .
Not a goal created by the team .

I don't think the starting 11 will make a blind bit of difference
Playing the ball forward might !

epsomraver

Stekelenburg
                       Parker Boateng
                                  Bent

Any team with taarabt starting shows a distinct lack of judgement, drop Kasami,? one of the few who tried yesterday, your selection is about as logical as Jols.

Max Headroom

Goalkeeper: stockdale until stek is better. He is ok as a back up but doesn't command
Rb: Reither. Done a good job so far
Lb: amorebieta. Not cb as he and hang eland both want to play on the same side. Hang eland looked all at sea on the right.
Cb: hang eland and senderos. I always await the senderos flanger, but I have been waiting a while now. Had lukaku and anichebe in his pocket then hot dropped.
Cm: Parker plus 1. Sidwells first touch is not good enough although 110% effort always. Boateng is a carbon copy of Parker so not sure I would put them together, so I would probably give Kasami a go as we need a bit of creativity there and he is a strong ox of a man
Rm: dejagah if fit.
Lm: taraabt or kacaniklic. Kaca is not developing as I would have hoped. Mesca should be given some last 20 minute run outs.
Attack: bent as the only goal poacher we have. Ruiz for his creativity. He has to be given the ball going forward at pace or it isn't worth playing him. If he gets the ball standing still or worse facing our goal, he is a liability.

So no berbatov, but I'm afraid he is doing nothing for us at the moment. Both he and Ruiz slow the game down too much so we are so easy to defend against. I would also hav at least one or two of our youngsters on the bench..... Tankovic Christensen mesca

Jol is trying his best, but the recent (last six months) shows some really bad judgement...... Chasing boateng continually then not picking him. Getting amorebietta to play with hang eland when they can't.

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on September 29, 2013, 03:31:26 AM
As long as arms are attached to shoulders, Stekelenberg is NOT our best keeper. We got done over in that transfer.

This is just your opinion my friend and NOT necessarily correct after what i witnessed with Stockdale yesterday, everyone is entitled to have a bad game but MY opinion is that he is not good enough.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't