watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

clueless owner/manager/players

Started by win-dup, September 28, 2013, 10:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

oh dear. We have an owner who wouldn't know a football from an avocado pear. A manager who appears to think the opposition goalmouth lies at the side of the pitch and players who take a small fortune in wages every week and think they don't have to turn up.
Bad times are just around the corner I think.

ScalleysDad

I think the bottom has been reached. Side issues over the next few weeks will be bums on seats, which was discussed yesterday and proved to be true today, an element of unrest in the camp and absolutely no sign of any light let alone a tunnel.
Managers names will be thrown around like confetti and it will be worse than transfer deadline day.
Fulham is currently broken. Any changes will need more input than any one person can handle so it will have to be series of new posts and disciplines. Billy Mac will have to, for now at least, be the link between everything that is still good and the hacks in the first team but he doesn't exactly engage with the customers who need a major lift. Murphy can do that and add some basics to the training regimes and offer the stare of death from the dug out. Both will need a senior figure so Rene M fits that role as I doubt Lewington will be back and besides he has been gone a while now. We need a new approach to the fitness and medical regimes, which used to be very good, and that's just the footballing side. There are some interesting names being thrown about but what do we need that role to fulfil. A simple figurehead to curse at when we get beat? A personality that can lift the malaise around the Club and give us that buzz that will get everybody back on side? We have gone too far from 442 and an English base to accommodate the older Brits being mentioned. Curbishley? Really? Poyet? Plenty of front page material there still to come. Di Matteo? Bypassed for a couple of jobs already. As someone has said Hodgson came right out of the blue. I suspect it will have to be a similar appointment and to be honest I have no idea who the new figure head should be. Solksjaer was an interesting shout. Great player and a thinker to boot but I think we need a blood and thunder approach with somebody who 'gets it'.

Sammyffc

'' We have an owner who wouldn't know a football from an avocado pear '' :005: :005: :005: 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif :012: :012: :012: :Haynes The Maestro: :Haynes The Maestro:

the nutflush

"Great player and a thinker to boot but I think we need a blood and thunder approach with somebody who 'gets it'."

That would be Hiddink.  Wont take any Berba pouting crap.

the nutflush

He would even tell Berba where to sit on the team bus.

Aaron

We are relegated this year.  There is no one, or anything, that can save us. 

Berserker

There is  always some one to save    us, it's just finding that person that is the problem
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Forever Fulham

What makes you think a Pakistani-America billionaire auto parts mogul doesn't know the game, hasn't been studying the business, and hasn't been tutored by some of the sharpest minds in the business before and after buying the club?   We're all pissed right now.  Why pick on the owner?

beijing ben

Quote from: Aaron on September 29, 2013, 02:39:19 AM

We are not as bad as we were under Sanchez and we have more time to rectify it. We can stay up. Believe!

Oakeshott

"We are not as bad as we were under Sanchez"

Actually I don't agree.

Yes, Sanchez's approach didn't work too well in the Premiership, but at least he had one - ie a clear idea of how he wanted the team to play. And he bought in some younger and keen players some of whom were important elements of the team Roy built. His "experiments" didn't all come off, with for example Healey not making the grade in the Premiership despite his success internationally, but at the time they were all welcome.

And if we hadn't literally been robbed of a goal which clearly went over the line against, I am almost certain, Middlesborough, our start to the season wouldn't have been that bad and maybe we'd have built on it.

Plus, unless my memory is wrong on the point, didn't Sanchez do us the enormous service of getting rid of Zak Knight for a very decent sum. We were going nowhere with him at centre back. Against the performances under our current so-called manager, I find myself quite nostalgic for the Sanchez days!

Ordar

Sanchez was actually pretty unlucky at the beginning of that season. I remember the opening game at Arsenal where their player dived to win a penalty (which was also outside the box), then that Middlesborough game aswell. A lot of decisions went against us. As was said before, there was a distinct system he tried to bring. If his signings had worked out he probably would have done ok. The gamble on Kamara being the main one.

epsomraver

Quote from: Oakeshott on September 29, 2013, 07:30:09 AM
"We are not as bad as we were under Sanchez"

Actually I don't agree.

Yes, Sanchez's approach didn't work too well in the Premiership, but at least he had one - ie a clear idea of how he wanted the team to play. And he bought in some younger and keen players some of whom were important elements of the team Roy built. His "experiments" didn't all come off, with for example Healey not making the grade in the Premiership despite his success internationally, but at the time they were all welcome.

And if we hadn't literally been robbed of a goal which clearly went over the line against, I am almost certain, Middlesborough, our start to the season wouldn't have been that bad and maybe we'd have built on it.

Plus, unless my memory is wrong on the point, didn't Sanchez do us the enormous service of getting rid of Zak Knight for a very decent sum. We were going nowhere with him at centre back. Against the performances under our current so-called manager, I find myself quite nostalgic for the Sanchez days!

Sanchez was a very unlikable man, I sat in on several of his post match interviews and he has the charisma  of a dogs bottom, but at least he tried! We came so close to beating one of the besr Arsenal teams around under him, he brought in players from his past ( ring any bells) but he is another who has no motivational skills at at all.

Martinsback

Really? Are we 34 games into the season already and 20 points adrift? Glad I am not in your head or around your cheery personality Private Fraser

Martinsback

Quote from: Ordar on September 29, 2013, 08:01:01 AM
Sanchez was actually pretty unlucky at the beginning of that season. I remember the opening game at Arsenal where their player dived to win a penalty (which was also outside the box), then that Middlesborough game aswell. A lot of decisions went against us. As was said before, there was a distinct system he tried to bring. If his signings had worked out he probably would have done ok. The gamble on Kamara being the main one.

He went to from disaster to disaster getting sacked along the way. There is no evidence that if he stayed at Fulham he would have become a magical manager!

alfie

We are only 3 points behind Manure, are they relegated as well?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Wingnut

I think relegation talk is as a bit OTT. Let's not forget that it is still early days in the league and we are are still in both cups. If the required changes are made we can still finish in the top half of the league and anything is possible in the cups.

My biggest concern is that our new owner has no real connection with the club, and his other sporting venture that I know of, his NFL franchise, are "the worst NFL side ever", in the words of their own fans. If he decides to sit tight until the new year, hoping that things will magically improve, we are in big trouble. I presume he is aware that teams can get relegated from the PL, unlike the NFL and that the Championship isn't as financially rewarding as the PL.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Logicalman

I find it amazing that people believe that the club owner, having spent a good chunk of change, would have no idea about the sport. He might not have ever played it, but I doubt the Glaziers, Lerner or any other US owner has either. Those remarks say more about the author, than the intended target.

As like MaF, Khan is nobody's fool, and he has a number of advisers who DO know the game, have played the game. and been involved for many. many years. As for Sanchez, he did what he needed to when he first got here, and the change of style was enough to turn our season around, but in the long term, or in just the following season, he showed he was a one-trick pony, and had nothing left to offer the club.

I won't comment on the current staff today, as emotions are still high, and those with being objective are not compatible.

Jack Fulham

I seem to remember us being in worse positions e.g when Hodgson took over. Still 33 games to turn it around, hopefully with another manager at the helm.

beijing ben

Quote from: Logicalman on September 29, 2013, 01:45:43 PM
I find it amazing that people believe that the club owner, having spent a good chunk of change, would have no idea about the sport. He might not have ever played it, but I doubt the Glaziers, Lerner or any other US owner has either. Those remarks say more about the author, than the intended target.

As like MaF, Khan is nobody's fool, and he has a number of advisers who DO know the game, have played the game. and been involved for many. many years. As for Sanchez, he did what he needed to when he first got here, and the change of style was enough to turn our season around, but in the long term, or in just the following season, he showed he was a one-trick pony, and had nothing left to offer the club.

I won't comment on the current staff today, as emotions are still high, and those with being objective are not compatible.

But the Venkys were unaware of relegation. From what he has said he is fully aware of the situation tho

Sanchez got the result we needed against what was basically a Liverpool reserve team. He was a no trick pony. Jol is not anywhere near as bad which makes the situation a little trickier. For me its time for him to go but i can just about understand why some are hanging on to the faith..

Aaron

Sorry, was drunk, depressed and sitting in a Heathrow hotel room when I decided we were going down this season.. Now I am drunk, happy; sitting in a bar in T5 and slightly more optimistic..

We have a very good squad which is being poorly managed and utilised. With proper management we should be fine, but we need action now before it gets any worse. Sanchez had a crap squad in disarray.. We only have half of that to worry about now.