watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Rush

Started by Berserker, September 29, 2013, 06:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Anybody seen this film yet?  I thought I'd go and see it this evening to take my mind of things
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Sammyffc

i was tempted , untill i realised the main actor is Chris Hemsworth . Who i literally can't stand

ImperialWhite

I saw it and enjoyed it very much (not knowing much about F1, or indeed anything of the story itself). The two characters (Hunt and Lauda) were fascinating and the story was told in a way that was very engaging and at points very tense.

However, it was a film very much aimed at the mainstream. If you're a big F1 fan you might find the lack of depth a bit annoying, and the film itself wasn't very subtle either (dramatic music telling you what to feel, unnecessary exposition).

In short: yes, go watch it's very god.

7/10

MrT

I would recommend it too - I saw movie Senna which  was more of a documentary and for me didn't work but this is really good but beware the product placement for Franklin and Marshall

sipwell

Quote from: Sammyffc on September 29, 2013, 06:27:09 PM
i was tempted , untill i realised the main actor is Chris Hemsworth . Who i literally can't stand

Literally?
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

ffc73

Cannot comment on the film Berserker but I went out this afternoon and saw the National Theatre's production of Othello.  Absolutely fantastic and has taken my mind away from FFC troubles.  For a little while.  So, my advice, get out and see something else as it can lift the spirits

Berserker

Going to go then. Always remembered the Nicki Lauda accident but didn't realise there was so much rivalry between him and James Hunt.  I saw a documentary the other night about F1 and the accidents in the 60's and 70's and Jackie Stewarts crusade top make it safer, pretty uncomfortable viewing at times. it's on i-player still if anybody is interested, think it's called F1: the Killer years, or something similar
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

gezkc

I saw it on Friday. Like ImperialWhite said, it's not very subtle but it's an incredible story and a very entertaining film. Hope you enjoy it.

HatterDon

Quote from: FFC73 on September 29, 2013, 07:13:10 PM
Cannot comment on the film Berserker but I went out this afternoon and saw the National Theatre's production of Othello.  Absolutely fantastic and has taken my mind away from FFC troubles.  For a little while.  So, my advice, get out and see something else as it can lift the spirits

Hollywood's going to make a new movie of Othello. They're going to call it Much Ado About Handkerchiefs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel