watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are stuck with Darren Bent...

Started by sipwell, September 30, 2013, 08:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sipwell

... while Lukaku bangs in a goal per game. Life is unfair.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

valdeingruo

Football the worlds biggest game of "What if?"
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

ToodlesMcToot

Understand where you're coming from Mr Sipwell, but the difference is less about the one and more about the 11. Put Bent in front of that Everton team and I'd imagine the goal return would be fairly even with young Lukaku's.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

RidgeRider

Fulham76

Quote from: sipwell on September 30, 2013, 08:16:07 PM

It's probably safe to say Lukaku will get some service. Bent on the other hand is supported by players, (who are instructed by Jol), who prefer to pass back to our keeper or around the back 4.

Jack Fulham

An exciting season to be an Everton fan. Such a good balance of old and young as well.

alexbishop

Lukuku is a far better all round player than Bent. He's a 'complete forward' strong and tall enough to hold the ball up, pacey enough to run channels, powerful shot and header and is good technically too.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Riverside

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 30, 2013, 08:37:20 PM
Understand where you're coming from Mr Sipwell, but the difference is less about the one and more about the 11. Put Bent in front of that Everton team and I'd imagine the goal return would be fairly even with young Lukaku's.

Agreed .

My comment though on Tuesday looking at the managers was I wish we had Martinez !

Jack Fulham

Its disappointing as a move to Fulham would of made so much sense as he wouldn't of had to move. Apparently Miralles was what convinced him to go to Everton.

Jack Fulham

Not sure about that, Bent is a good poacher but Lukaku can bully a defence and create chances for himself out of very little.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 30, 2013, 08:48:29 PM

Not sure about that, Bent is a good poacher but Lukaku can bully a defence and create chances for himself out of very little.

I agree that Romelu is a better all around player, but I think that Everton as a team would still get Bent the ball in the way that he needed it in order to be successful. They are a well built, well managed squad and would make the necessary adjustments.

I was pointing out the differences in the team rather than the two players. I feel that Lukaku would feel similar frustrations as Bent if put in our squad.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 30, 2013, 08:55:29 PM

I agree that Romelu is a better all around player, but I think that Everton as a team would still get Bent the ball in the way that he needed it in order to be successful. They are a well built, well managed squad and would make the necessary adjustments.

I was pointing out the differences in the team rather than the two players. I feel that Lukaku would feel similar frustrations as Bent if put in our squad.

Maybe, but we'd have an outlet for the long ball when the slow build up passing we currently have inevitably fails.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 30, 2013, 08:58:54 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 30, 2013, 08:55:29 PM

Maybe, but we'd have an outlet for the long ball when the slow build up passing we currently have inevitably fails.

Alone on an island is no place to be. Understand your point though.

Sammyffc

Bent scored agaisnt everton. Lukaku didn't agaisnt us . that will do for me . Bent 1 Lukaku 0

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Sammyffc on September 30, 2013, 09:07:50 PM
Bent scored agaisnt everton. Lukaku didn't agaisnt us . that will do for me . Bent 1 Lukaku 0

Hopefully he can repeat that twice more, at least, this season.

SouthfieldWhite

I can understand why people would want lukaku, but why have a pop at Bent?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Bent hasn't had time to settle, likewise Taarabt, neither had a proper  pre-season.
If they had played every game from the start of the season I would understand
Stick Taarabt in the centre of midfield,  stick with him and he will get the ball to Bent
Both are very good player

sipwell

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 30, 2013, 09:13:24 PM

Injured, missed a sitter against Chelsea, seems like he lost his main qualities... I do wish he does well though and proves me wrong!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: sipwell on September 30, 2013, 09:24:57 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 30, 2013, 09:13:24 PM

Injured, missed a sitter against Chelsea, seems like he lost his main qualities... I do wish he does well though and proves me wrong!

All forwards miss from time to time and worse misses that what bent missed against Chelsea, bent needs a run of games and some service, each time I've watched bent I've seen a slight improvnent

YankeeJim

Quote from: KCat on September 30, 2013, 09:17:50 PM
Bent hasn't had time to settle, likewise Taarabt, neither had a proper  pre-season.
If they had played every game from the start of the season I would understand
Stick Taarabt in the centre of midfield,  stick with him and he will get the ball to Bent
Both are very good player

MaLady,
That would be sensible and comes from a football mind. Perhaps Jol can borrow yours.
That Lukaku is a beast. I'd love to see him alongside Bent. Ruiz would lead the league in assists.
That, and I hope we don't draw Belgium at the WC. If it was being held in Europe, they'd have a shot at winning it. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.