watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brilliant article in the programme by Leroy Rosenior

Started by The Swan, September 30, 2013, 08:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Did anyone read the article in the programme by Leroy about the standard of our young academy players.
Quote.
        I know that Fulham Academy looked at their structure and as a result changed their philosophy. Five years on, the results are there to be seen, from the under 8s right up to the under 21s, there is a clear style.
They have an ethos, their teams get the ball down and move it well. Its an important pattern, and one that's conducive to providing a smooth transition. The easiest way to play football is to keep possession and not give it away. Fulham young players do this really well.
The club have high hopes for so many, but we will have wait and see what unfolds.Make no mistake , the potential is there for a very bright future indeed.  End of quote.
I can't wait to see some of our under 21s get a good run in the team as our senior players can't get the ball down, can't keep possession, and can't move it well.
The Swan

alfie

Quote from: The Swan on September 30, 2013, 08:18:35 PM
Did anyone read the article in the programme by Leroy about the standard of our young academy players.
Quote.
        I know that Fulham Academy looked at their structure and as a result changed their philosophy. Five years on, the results are there to be seen, from the under 8s right up to the under 21s, there is a clear style.
They have an ethos, their teams get the ball down and move it well. Its an important pattern, and one that's conducive to providing a smooth transition. The easiest way to play football is to keep possession and not give it away. Fulham young players do this really well.
The club have high hopes for so many, but we will have wait and see what unfolds.Make no mistake , the potential is there for a very bright future indeed.  End of quote.
I can't wait to see some of our under 21s get a good run in the team as our senior players can't get the ball down, can't keep possession, and can't move it well.

This has to be handled very carefully, if the youngens come in the team and do not perform who do we blame then?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

God The Mechanic

Quote from: alfie on September 30, 2013, 08:29:11 PM
This has to be handled very carefully, if the youngens come in the team and do not perform who do we blame then?

Jol.  Even if he has left...

Honestly, the very best of the best that are there should probably have a year maybe 18 months in the under 18s (age dependent obviously).  Then move up to the under 21s for a year.  Then a loan out to a decent team in the Championship, or one that will best harness their particular abilities.  By then, at about 19/20 they should have a fair amount of experience with obvious and natural progression shown.  They should then hopefully be ready to play squad roles in the first team or, if not, get loaned out again.